Things it took me too long to learn. Please add to the list.

Have a brightly colored folder in a place everyone can access, for all the tax documents that come in at the beginning of the year!

unicorn33 said:

Doctors know much less than you think they do, but they will rarely admit it.

And to add to that: Some doctors will do minor treatments that aren't really necessary, or try to sell you extra vitamins you don't really need, that nets them a few more dollars for your visit.

If you buy an item at Costco in store or online and it goes on sale within 30 days,  you can get an adjustment on the price with receipt. After having my membership for 8 years I’m only learning this now. I reckon I’ve left several hundreds of dollars on the table. I’m beyond annoyed at myself. 

If it makes you feel any better, I've been a member at least as long if not longer, and I didn't know this either.

ElizMcCord said:

If you buy an item at Costco in store or online and it goes on sale within 30 days,  you can get an adjustment on the price with receipt. After having my membership for 8 years I’m only learning this now. I reckon I’ve left several hundreds of dollars on the table. I’m beyond annoyed at myself. 

I didn't know this either. But if it makes you feel even *more* better, not only have I undoubtedly left money on the table in the past, but I will continue to do so in the future, because I'm never going to know if something I bought in the last 30 days is on sale now.

unicorn33 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've been a member at least as long if not longer, and I didn't know this either.
ElizMcCord said:

Don't buy Stop & Shop brand scrubber sponges to save a few pennies vs. name brand. The scrubber side is horribly cheap and largely ineffective from the get-go, and it breaks down after just a use or two.

Very important life lesson, this is!

Okay, these are relatively new things so I didn’t waste many years not knowing about them, but I also wanted to revive this thread:

TSA PreCheck and Mobile Pass

Instant Pots - thought it would sit on the shelf put I’ve been shocked at the great stuff that comes out of them, especially “Sunday Gravy.”

Ribeye steaks at Whole Foods

Putting herbed butter on said steaks as they rest for 15 minutes

~  Timing is the essence of life.

~  When in doubt, don't.

Dying is easy

Living is hard

unicorn33 said:
ElizMcCord said:

$300 over 8 years is $37.50 per year.  Not even a dinner for two at the Tratt.   

Don’t be annoyed at yourself,  just take a lesson.   

This is something I too have taken too long to learn.  

wunderlist app!  Every time you think of something you need to remember, a grocery, a movie or TV show you want to watch, whatever, you put it in the app and you can share your list with anyone so everyone in a household can get one grocery list, one Home Depot list, etc.  So cool. 

My wife is always right!  If only I knew this before I said I do.   

They’re still putting tiny ships in bottles. And they have a Festival to celebrate doing it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-09/ships-in-bottles-a-martime-art-wooden-boat-festival/10793012

Don't wait too long to have children. Younger parents and grandparents have more energy and fewer aches and pains.

Not knowing jack about pop music, it took me until now to figure out how great Prince is.  

jeffl said:
wunderlist app!  Every time you think of something you need to remember, a grocery, a movie or TV show you want to watch, whatever, you put it in the app and you can share your list with anyone so everyone in a household can get one grocery list, one Home Depot list, etc.  So cool. 

I use Google Keep similarly. It’s on my computer via the web and also app on my phone and iPad, so I can access/update from anywhere. Not sure re sharing with others, since I don’t do that, but it May well be able to do that also.

Gonna see if this thread is revivable.  

Took me way too long to discover Soda Stream. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.