Things I don't get

marksierra said:

joanne said:

cheese

article also mentioned ...

You're quoting the Daily Mail.
'Nuff said!

And, in keeping with this thread ... I don't get why people read the Daily Mail.

Here is a link to the Smithsonian magazine regarding armadillos and leprosy: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-armadillos-can-spread-leprosy-180954440/

Link to NE Journal of Medicine (cited in the above article) regarding transmission of leprosy from armadillos to humans entitled "Probable Zoonotic Leprosy in the Southern United States":  https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1010536

PS  Apparently the Daily Mail was correct on this issue (namely, humans who contracted leprosy from armadillos).  However, I am not endorsing nor defending the DM.  I came across the DM article online and thought how weird people would touch or eat armadillo in light of the leprosy risk.

I was told to post this here:

Neil Young.

ridski said:

You put that first one in to make it look like a legitimate list

You put the second one in to f**k with our brains for the rest of the day, admit it.

Haha! My daughter's piano teacher taught her how to play that song. I paid money to have that song stuck in my head.

That said I would prefer listening to that song over watching Jonah Hill in almost every movie he has been in. 

I don't get the appeal of the older Adam Sandler movies.

jamie said:

Agree with you enthusiastically with the exception of Don't Mess With The Zohan. One of the funniest movies ever. If you haven't seen it, do. Especially if you're M.O.T..

And his new effort, Uncut Gems, I liked very much.

Yes! Zohan was one of the first ones that I thought was hilarious.  One of the few movies I don't mind re-watching.  Murder Mystery was pretty decent also.

jamie said:

Yes! Zohan was one of the first ones that I thought was hilarious.  One of the few movies I don't mind re-watching.  Murder Mystery was pretty decent also.

Back to basics:  Things I don't get:

- Why parking meters only take quarters
- Road rage:  The offender doesn't feel any of the affect -- only the other people
   in the car.  Move on...
- Geico commercials

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Bernie Sanders

Joe Biden

I guess I'd better get them soon; they're about all that's left. gulp

Why people post in the "What is being said in the Rose Garden? What's happening in Washington?" thread. On the rare occasions I read it, it makes me want to pound my head against a brick wall. 

Why national and international authorities are giving reassuring (or dry) advice on ‘social distancing’ complete with precise measurements and charts, yet surround themselves with like-minded experts in a packed room of journalists. 
we’ve all watched SF, we’ve had fancy communications tech for a while now - can someone pls set the example and show the world how to use it en-masse in real life??!

(IOW, show you’re really listening to people’s concerns: ‘it can’t really be that serious if they’re lined up and packed in like that’)

I am tremendously proud to have never opened this thread!

bigben_again said:

Why people post in the "What is being said in the Rose Garden? What's happening in Washington?" thread. On the rare occasions I read it, it makes me want to pound my head against a brick wall. 

joanne said:

Why national and international authorities are giving reassuring (or dry) advice on ‘social distancing’ complete with precise measurements and charts, yet surround themselves with like-minded experts in a packed room of journalists. 
we’ve all watched SF, we’ve had fancy communications tech for a while now - can someone pls set the example and show the world how to use it en-masse in real life??!

(IOW, show you’re really listening to people’s concerns: ‘it can’t really be that serious if they’re lined up and packed in like that’)

I've been saying this all over the place.   Virtual meeting tech, Skype etc. is old hat at this point.  Everyone has read the stories about how infection rates exploded at conference, family gatherings etc.  WTF is wrong with these people?

Heard on NPR yesterday.  A promotion (read advertisement) for Trader Joe's vegan chicken spice mixture.  Wha?

mrmaplewood said:

Heard on NPR yesterday.  A promotion (read advertisement) for Trader Joe's vegan chicken spice mixture.  Wha?

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/vegan-chickenless-seasoning-salt

mrincredible said:

mrmaplewood said:

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/vegan-chickenless-seasoning-salt

Haha! They can’t spell bouillion (stock)  but used the spelling for gold bullion!! smile smile

joanne said:

Haha! They can’t spell bouillion (stock)  but used the spelling for gold bullion!!
smile
smile

I never knew there were different spellings for these 2 things!  My bouillion looks like little blocks of gold.  How have I gotten thru life not knowing this?  Thanks to you, Joanne!

I don't get how in 2020, science can be so handily ignored. Even rejected.

I'd love to hear Dr. Fauci's internal monologues. I admire him for his patience, calmness and ability to stand firm for what he knows to be scientific reality and not get sh!t-canned by Trump (yet). When this is over, I hope he gets some prize or acknowledgement.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I don't get how in 2020, science can be so handily ignored. Even rejected.

I'd love to hear Dr. Fauci's internal monologues. I admire him for his patience, calmness and ability to stand firm for what he knows to be scientific reality and not get sh!t-canned by Trump (yet). When this is over, I hope he gets some prize or acknowledgement.

W already gave him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jamie said:

Agree with you enthusiastically with the exception of Don't Mess With The Zohan. One of the funniest movies ever. If you haven't seen it, do. Especially if you're M.O.T..

Yes, his older movies are terrible.  Not funny.

yahooyahoo said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jamie said:

Awful. The worst.

But see ZOHAN and Uncut Gems.

I have to put in some love for Punch Drunk Love.

Why the House Vote on the Stimulus Pkg can't be held by teleconference.  Or at least allow each member to state their vote electronically, then add them all up.

It seems like lunacy to have these already exhausted representatives rushing in from all over the country to make a vote in person.  Are they all truly less tech-knowledgeable than me -- still today?  They're all doing virtual interviews, the news reporters are already making all their reports from their homes.

Why can't the House enter their votes electronically?  Seems like this could be solved with a Zoom meeting somehow.  (smh)

Why people leave the television on when they leave the room.

Why people leave the car radio on at 0 volume instead of turning it the &@*^ off.

Why those are the same person around here. 

yahooyahoo said:

I did like Spanglish and The Wedding Singer. 

NSFW. Funny, but NSFW.

Ok, I just want to warn you that when I wrote this song I was listening to the Cure a lot.

I keep having to edit this thing.

I don't understand peoples' obsession with toilet paper? How many times a day do they take a sh!t? And how much paper do they use each time? Used judiciously, a roll should last weeks.

Weird this needs to be said but females use TP every time nature calls. That shake and go move doesn’t quite work for us.

HudsonBlue said:

Weird this needs to be said but females use TP every time nature calls. That shake and go move doesn’t quite work for us.

snake  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.