The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

Regarding yesterday, "itty" but not "bitty"?

I'm impressed that you came that close to QB yesterday. I was nowhere near you, missed it by 6 words ...including "griot"...it was quite the struggle for me yesterday.

I missed yesterday by "torii," which my son gave me, so we queened only as a team. Today I struggled to get to genius. Not counting today, I'm usually better when the numbers are lower.

zucca said:

I missed yesterday by "torii," which my son gave me, so we queened only as a team. Today I struggled to get to genius. Not counting today, I'm usually better when the numbers are lower.

I'm struggling today too. Can't win them all. "Torii" I got because I all of a sudden remember "tori" and "torii." 

Three proper nouns in yesterday's puzzle.
What's up?  I thought they didn't allow that.

yahooyahoo said:

Three proper nouns in yesterday's puzzle.
What's up?  I thought they didn't allow that.

I only got one, but I agree that I was surprised it was used. I know there have been proper nouns that have made it into regular lexicon, but usually they are not included in Spelling Bee. (Can't think of any of them right now.) 

Highest require score I can remember! Lots of Pangrams.

jimmurphy said:

Highest require score I can remember! Lots of Pangrams.

Still working on it! Auugghh!

you and me both....won't make it to QB today but easily made it to Genius and am content with my current 58/354  cheese

So, who got Queen Bee yesterday?  That was a big list of words.

yahooyahoo said:

So, who got Queen Bee yesterday?  That was a big list of words.

I don't even think I got to Genius.

Yesterday's puzzle: "Bollix." Really? But not "bimbo"... 

KarenMarlowe said:

yeah-yesterday was tough for me.

no pangram yet today

oots said:

KarenMarlowe said:

yeah-yesterday was tough for me.

no pangram yet today

When you see it, you'll be like "duh!"

KarenMarlowe said:

When you see it, you'll be like "duh!"

yeah- just got it 

Today is the first time I ever made up a word, or at least thought that’s what I was doing, and it was the pangram. I guess that’s part of what makes it interesting. Sort of. (I like it better when my brain is firing on all cylinders and the words jump off the screen at me.)

Heynj said:

Today is the first time I ever made up a word, or at least thought that’s what I was doing, and it was the pangram. I guess that’s part of what makes it interesting. Sort of. (I like it better when my brain is firing on all cylinders and the words jump off the screen at me.)

Well, you are beyond me. At "amazing" but haven't gotten the pangram...

My first time at Queen Bee. I feel like I won an actual prize! I only started doing the Bee regularly during the pandemic, with a lot of encouragement from the contributors to this MOL thread. Thank you!

Heynj said:

My first time at Queen Bee. I feel like I won an actual prize! I only started doing the Bee regularly during the pandemic, with a lot of encouragement from the contributors to this MOL thread. Thank you!

Great work!

Heynj said:

Congrats on your first QB... : question I'm still waiting for my first QB of 2022 

Heynj said:

You inspired me!

congrats

Im at 68 point with 17  words-no way there is more!  ( i cant find them)

oots said:

congrats

Im at 68 point with 17  words-no way there is more!  ( i cant find them)

I managed to squeeze out 21 words / 82 points and feel the same way you do....no way is there more, at least not for me today.

The weird thing for me this past week or so has been that I got the pangram with my first word about 5 times. The word has just been jumping out at me when I look at the puzzle. 

I got Queen Bee today.  I went for it after reading Heynj's post.

The hints helped me find the last 4 or 5.

Heynj said:

Congratulations! I remember the first time o achieved it. I was over the moon! Didn’t get there today… 

alha said:

I managed to squeeze out 21 words / 82 points and feel the same way you do....no way is there more, at least not for me today.

21/84. I’m okay with that. 

yahooyahoo said:

I got Queen Bee today.  I went for it after reading Heynj's post.

The hints helped me find the last 4 or 5.

Congrats for yesterday's QB. I missed it by three...two which I should have gotten, tofu and tuffet, and one which I've never heard of, etouffee, a word totally unknown to me...no doubt due to my very skimpy knowledge of Cajun cuisine.

ml1 said:

The weird thing for me this past week or so has been that I got the pangram with my first word about 5 times. The word has just been jumping out at me when I look at the puzzle. 

but not today…

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Advertisement

Advertise here!