The MOL "Free to a Good Home" (Freecycle) Thread

If any local schools/groups are doing a production of "Annie" next year, the above would be a perfect prop for the orphanage scenes! (Written by a former props mistress confused .)

ETA:  Drill has been picked up. 

This is a DeWalt 14.4 V cordless drill.  I’m sure it works but I don’t have a charger anymore.  Might be useful if you have other tools and battteries of the same voltage. MW back porch pickup. 

Red_Barchetta

We'd like the drill.  I'll PM you

Bathtub grab bar.  This clamps onto the tub so you have something to hold onto when you step in.  Doesn't damage the tub, need only a screwdriver or wrench to clamp it on.  MW back porch pickup. 

*** This has been picked up***

We have a pair of handicapped friends, who could use the grab bar.  If still available, pls send me a PM with address for PU, and I will pick up in the AM.

Thanks,

Futon with wood frame, sturdy and in good condition.  Bring a friend to help take it home by Saturday noon. 

mixed box of 27 caliber strip loads for nail gun.  Maybe 12 strips 10 shots each.  MW back porch pickup.

Attention Elfa fans, free drawer available:

Last year I gave away two towers of drawers (similar to photo but wire). The plastic top drawer (14" x 21") has surfaced. Free to anybody who can use it. 

In addition, I have a set of four casters for an office chair. 

3 softball bats and a bucket full of softballs. Good condition! PM me if interested

Threads Magazines from the first issue through the mid-1990s (maybe later -- haven't checked them all).  Lots of good sewing, knitting, textile advice that's still appropriate.  The ads are fun to look at, too!

Free metal bed frame.  TAKEN !

12 Brick, 1 large brick block and two cinder blocks.

Used to support shelving, 1968 Brooklyn style hippie book shelves. Excellent condition

Curbside pick-up

Corners of Irvington and Essex Avenues.

Two of the ten bricks are gone. Cinder blocks are also gone.

10 bricks and the large brick are left.

RichardR said:

Threads Magazines from the first issue through the mid-1990s (maybe later -- haven't checked them all).  Lots of good sewing, knitting, textile advice that's still appropriate.  The ads are fun to look at, too!

Are these still available?

Six cups of ramen style noodles from Costco.

Too spicy and too much salt.

jerseyjack said:

Six cups of ramen style noodles from Costco.

Too spicy and too much salt.

Good for someone's college dorm.

Taken.

@Coffeegretchen   Yes, the Threads magazines are still available. 

RichardR said:

@Coffeegretchen   Yes, the Threads magazines are still available. 

Great! Taking this to messages to arrange pickup!

Can anyone use a 17-inch iMac G5 (circa 2005)? They seem to sell briskly on eBay for about $75 but I can't be bothered. Doesn't have built-in wifi capability, but I have a USB wifi receiver. 

@kthnry,

I’d like to take a look at your iMac G5, please.  I need a better quality monitor than the one I am currently using...if yours is still available

Thanks

Williams Sonoma cookbook set and “In the Kitchen with Rosie” cookbook. 

Anybody interested in black walnuts. I used to skin and clean them for my mom who would use for baking but she's not doing it this year. You will have to skin and clean them yourself though. Falling like crazy from my tree and figured I'd ask before discarding them with yard waste. I can save them all until the end of season if interested.

Apollo_T said:

@kthnry,

I’d like to take a look at your iMac G5, please.  I need a better quality monitor than the one I am currently using...if yours is still available

Thanks

@Apollo_T, sorry for missing your response. You can't use it as a standalone monitor, unfortunately (which always seemed wasteful to me). It's an all-in-one computer.

It's old, but it's fine for things like email and Word/Excel. It's terrible for web browsing, though. Modern web sites bring it to a grinding halt. 

You're welcome to try it if you'd like. Otherwise it's going to electronic recycling next month.

Also, I don't think @ is working.

kthnry said:

@Apollo_T, sorry for missing your response. You can't use it as a standalone monitor, unfortunately (which always seemed wasteful to me). It's an all-in-one computer.

It's old, but it's fine for things like email and Word/Excel. It's terrible for web browsing, though. Modern web sites bring it to a grinding halt. 

You're welcome to try it if you'd like. Otherwise it's going to electronic recycling next month.

Thanks kyhnry,

I think I’ll pass.  I’m trying to upgrade my monitor only.  It’s an HD (supposedly) that totally sux.  I used it for a lot of photo editing and wildly over did it bc the monitor looks so bad. 

I have a 2008 Mac Pro (tower, not laptop) I'm willing to give away. It has 13 GB of RAM. It will need a hard drive.

Hi Tom,

If that Mac has a gooood image quality monitor I could use it.  My 3-4 yr old LG hi def monitor isn’t so great.  I overprocessed alot of photos based on its poor image quality.  Ultimately I’ll have to redo those from scratch.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!