The Bitching Thread

Oh, and wake the f*** up, you're snoring is LOUD!

eta: different annoying people

I find it a bit surprising that people, some of them well educated (i.e. Masters degrees), don't seem to know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" or "you're" and "your" i.e. "Your welcome" or "It's there property".

I was riding my bike up Maplewood Ave. today and the jack*ss in the car in front of me slammed on his brakes to make an illegal left into a parking space. I didn't have time to get out of my pedal clips and completely dumped my bike to avoid hitting him. Apologies to all witnesses who heard the stream of obscenities I let loose.

ed: for grammar

"like"

ETA: I don't "like" that the idiot stopped to make an illegal left. I "like" the steam of obscenities!

appletree said:

I was riding my bike up Maplewood Ave. today and the jack*ss in the car in front of me slammed on his brakes to make an illegal left into a parking space. I didn't have time to get out of my pedal clips and completely dumped my bike to avoid hitting him. Apologies to all witnesses who heard the stream of obscenities I let loose.

ed: for grammar

You held it together better than I would have. Some idiot once knocked me over at low speed

Is it too early to revive this thread? Maybe I should try to get used to the new format first...

Okay.  I'll bitch about how early I'm up instead.

It's never too early to bitch

Oh my lord, websites that make you create an account are so darn annoying.

mrincredible said:

Oh my lord, websites that make you create an account are so darn annoying.

Are you eavesdropping in my head??? I swear, these days half the time your comments seems like what’s been echoing in my head half the day.  wink

joanne said:

Are you eavesdropping in my head??? I swear, these days half the time your comments seems like what’s been echoing in my head half the day. 
wink

I am you, posting under a different screen name when you think you're asleep.  grrr

mrincredible said:

I am you, posting under a different screen name when you think you're asleep. 
grrr

incredible!

I feel I should have written Zut alors! question

joanne said:

I feel I should have written Zut alors!
question

oh oh

this thread is bitchin'

I am annoyed to no end that when you buy dried figs, they don't clip off the damn stem. Every time you eat one, there's that first step of tearing off the stem.

I don't like it. Someone fix it.

drummerboy said:

I am annoyed to no end that when you buy dried figs, they don't clip off the damn stem. Every time you eat one, there's that first step of tearing off the stem.

To me, it’s a handle, so I don’t get the sticky nectar all over my fingers once I’ve bitten or torn through the tough peel.

Perspective, I guess. (We used to get strings of figs, braided through the dried stems. So pretty!)

Unless requested otherwise, a martini should contain olives.  Said olives should not contain pimentos.  They should be shaken, not stirred, unless they contain gin, in which case stirred is customary.  They should not be "dirty", nor should they be served on the rocks.  "Extra dry" means no vermouth.  

That is all.  

I’m sorry this is unseasonal for you; treat it as a heads-up for your summer.

I am sooo fed up with feeling hot and exhausted all the time, all my joints and muscles hurting (not aching, hurting), and feeling like I need to blast a/c ice-cold air just to wake up my brain. (We try to limit our a/c use)
I’m fed up with wanting to go back to bed 45mins after I’ve woken up because it’s too hot to do anything, and if I do do anything, feeling like I need a shower and an hour’s rest to recover. I’m fed up with weeks and weeks of grey clouds, stifling humidity, crackling static electricity zapping me whenever I touch anything, and little normal rain to relieve the tension. 

I should be melting away in this heat, not getting fatter. LOL

Rob_Sandow said:

Unless requested otherwise, a martini should contain olives.  Said olives should not contain pimentos.  They should be shaken, not stirred, unless they contain gin, in which case stirred is customary.  They should not be "dirty", nor should they be served on the rocks.  "Extra dry" means no vermouth.  

That is all.  

Not “dirty” unless you ask for “dirty” in which case the bartender should ask how “dirty” you want it. I love a very dirty martini.

joanne said:

I’m sorry this is unseasonal for you; treat it as a heads-up for your summer.

I am sooo fed up with feeling hot and exhausted all the time, all my joints and muscles hurting (not aching, hurting), and feeling like I need to blast a/c ice-cold air just to wake up my brain. (We try to limit our a/c use)
I’m fed up with wanting to go back to bed 45mins after I’ve woken up because it’s too hot to do anything, and if I do do anything, feeling like I need a shower and an hour’s rest to recover. I’m fed up with weeks and weeks of grey clouds, stifling humidity, crackling static electricity zapping me whenever I touch anything, and little normal rain to relieve the tension. 

I should be melting away in this heat, not getting fatter.
LOL

Equally hot to your right.  One sits for lunch, and when you get up the pants stick to your leg, and I spend my days watering the garden, so the plants don't die, however, I enjoy the later.  

Traditionally, in Chile people ate lunch at 2 or 2:30 and then they laid down for a nap.  This does make sense, because the hottest part of the day is unproductive.  But the cities which have been globalized follow the rhythms of business.  Fortunately, I am in the countryside.  It took years to change my routine, but it works.  Try it, my friend.

joanne said:

drummerboy said:

To me, it’s a handle, so I don’t get the sticky nectar all over my fingers once I’ve bitten or torn through the tough peel.

Perspective, I guess. (We used to get strings of figs, braided through the dried stems. So pretty!)

Ha!. Someone from Trader Joe's must read MOL. They fixed their figs! Bless you.

I’m here to complain that some people are using the Pet Peeves thread for everyday bitching.  

If you’re generally annoyed about something it goes here. 

If there’s a particular situation, circumstance, or personal behavior that especially gets your goat more than it really should, that’s a pet peeve. Example: people who say “nauseous” when they mean “nauseated” is a pet peeve of mine.

Likewise, people who get pedantic over trivial matters like assigning comments to the right thread is another pet peeve. 

If you have a bad meal it goes here. 

Bitching over.  

New state tax property rebate for seniors. I am a senior. So yippeee.

But ---

I am also a retiree on one of the state pension plans. We haven't had a cost of living increase in 13 years. 

Billions for this plan.  Same for Anchor tax relief. Need a new ballpark in Paterson? No problem.

Pay contractual and moral obligations to state employees?  F&@k no.!

So now we should be bitching about a pet peeve? You’re incredible…

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

But ---

I am also a retiree on one of the state pension plans. We haven't had a cost of living increase in 13 years. 

Billions for this plan.  Same for Anchor tax relief. Need a new ballpark in Paterson? No problem.

I started a thread about this in politics.  It is insane, especially since the upper end cut off is seniors who make up to half a million dollars a year.  People who make a half a million dollars a year can afford to pay their fair share.

GoSlugs said:

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

But ---

I started a thread about this in politics.  It is insane, especially since the upper end cut off is seniors who make up to half a million dollars a year.  People who make a half a million dollars a year can afford to pay their fair share.

Agreed.

Town-wide 4th of July Celebration for this year excludes most older adults.  The events on July 4th are limited to a 5K, a bike parade for young children, and races for school age children.  All events on July 2nd are in the evening and extend beyond dark.  Many older adults do not drive after dark or don't drive at all.  Those that do may have trouble walking to and from the available parking which will be up the hill since closer parking is usually unavailable due to no parking signs usually posted west of Prospect Street.  Older adult residents are once again the forgotten, invisible segment of our population.  At last count (2020 census) they represented over 3,000 people.  Many of these older adults live alone and have nobody to celebrate with.  Way to go Maplewood Township!

joan_crystal said:

Town-wide 4th of July Celebration for this year excludes most older adults.  The events on July 4th are limited to a 5K, a bike parade for young children, and races for school age children.  All events on July 2nd are in the evening and extend beyond dark.  Many older adults do not drive after dark or don't drive at all.  Those that do may have trouble walking to and from the available parking which will be up the hill since closer parking is usually unavailable due to no parking signs usually posted west of Prospect Street.  Older adult residents are once again the forgotten, invisible segment of our population.  At last count (2020 census) they represented over 3,000 people.  Many of these older adults live alone and have nobody to celebrate with.  Way to go Maplewood Township!

Unforgiveable! Aging in place is so important.....

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!