The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

The Canadian press sums up Trump's single term.

Trump departed office as the only president ever impeached twice, and with millions more out of work than when he was sworn in and 400,000 dead from the coronavirus. Under his watch, Republicans lost the presidency and both chambers of Congress. He will be forever remembered for inciting an insurrection, two weeks before Democrat Joe Biden moved into the White House, at the Capitol that left five dead, including a Capitol Police officer, and horrified the nation. It was on Trump's on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2017, that he had painted a dire picture of "American carnage."

CTV: American Carnage

Joe Biden is only the second Catholic to become President of the United States, even though they represent a quarter of US population.

I think we're finally going to get Infrastructure Week, guys!

Disgraced former President Trump.  It feels good to say it.

Klinker said:

The Canadian press sums up Trump's single term.

Trump departed office as the only president ever impeached twice, and with millions more out of work than when he was sworn in and 400,000 dead from the coronavirus. Under his watch, Republicans lost the presidency and both chambers of Congress. He will be forever remembered for inciting an insurrection, two weeks before Democrat Joe Biden moved into the White House, at the Capitol that left five dead, including a Capitol Police officer, and horrified the nation. It was on Trump's on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2017, that he had painted a dire picture of "American carnage."

CTV: American Carnage

we didn't realize at the time that Trump's inaugural address wasn't a state of the country, it was a prediction.

I posted this just after disgraced former President Trump's inauguration. I'm posting it here again. Because we knew who he was, and all he did was get worse.

And after this, I have but one wish for the future: That the Republicans never vote for a President that makes us think about President Trump the way many of us now think about President George W. Bush.

ridski said:

And after this, I have but one wish for the future: That the Republicans never vote for a President that makes us think about President Trump the way many of us now think about President George W. Bush. 

Yeah, this is the one that gives me pause.  Republican Presidents definitely seem to be on a steep downward trajectory in the 21st century.  One wonders whether there is any limit.

This sums everything up in a nutshell - OAN's homepage right now - 4 hours after a new president has been sworn in.

THIS is NOT a NEWS NETWORK!

lol, that is really dumb - I think this one sums up today much better.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

cramer said:

"President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said."

WSJ 

how about the Know Nothings?

The Deplorables

Any Trump party would have to be called the Wigs.

mtierney said:

And the worst part is, 95% of that money is going to be used to change pronouns.

The person who posted the cartoon mocking a $1.9 Trillion stimulus, was mocking the Democrats last month because they weren't moving forward with at least a $1.9 Trillion stimulus - 

mtierney said:

It will be interesting to see which segment of the Democratic Party survives. Bernie still believes he is a party leader. Putting off Covid relief yet again is taunting those who desperately need help sooner than later.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/14/sanders-democrats-bipartisan-stimulus-445167

From that article:

House “Democrats pass a $3.4 trillion bill, you have the Republicans in the administration talking about $1.8 trillion. And now you’re down to about $188 billion in new money [in the bipartisan bill], which does not include one nickel in direct payments for working families in this country. Totally unacceptable, and this has got to be rejected,” Sanders said.

nohero said:

The person who posted the cartoon mocking a $1.9 Trillion stimulus, was mocking the Democrats last month because they weren't moving forward with at least a $1.9 Trillion stimulus - 

mtierney said:

It will be interesting to see which segment of the Democratic Party survives. Bernie still believes he is a party leader. Putting off Covid relief yet again is taunting those who desperately need help sooner than later.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/14/sanders-democrats-bipartisan-stimulus-445167

From that article:

House “Democrats pass a $3.4 trillion bill, you have the Republicans in the administration talking about $1.8 trillion. And now you’re down to about $188 billion in new money [in the bipartisan bill], which does not include one nickel in direct payments for working families in this country. Totally unacceptable, and this has got to be rejected,” Sanders said.

I think we should exclusively reply to mtierney with previous quotes of hers going forward. Between the Obama and Trump presidencies, she's posted on both sides of pretty much every issue at this point.

Alternatively, we could also just reply to every single one of her posts with "But you voted for Trump."

mtierney - Pretty great inauauration, wasn't it?  Makes you proud to be an American. 

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6224603773001/

What does "'Awoke' in the Land of Nod" mean?

Is it another right wing nut insider thing that normal people aren't aware of?

It's probably a continuation of Donny's juvenile name calling "Sleepy Joe".  So happy we don't have a 6 years old in office anymore.

The "land of Nod" is east of Eden in the Bible, so maybe that's the reference.  

It only took a few seconds past noon for mtierney to remember that it's ok to criticize a president.

ml1 said:

It only took a few seconds past noon for mtierney to remember that it's ok to criticize a president.

I think it is a show of confidence on her part that she isn't worried her criticism will prevent Biden from responding to the pandemic.  As you will recall, this sort of thing crippled the Whitehouse's previous occupant. 

Snow flakes.....

I'm sure mtierney will be here soon to deplore this Republican attempt to hobble our president before he even took office!

"Joe Biden should be very careful what he's asking for because, you know, we can have a situation where if it should ever be President Biden, that immediately, people, right the day after he would be elected would be saying, 'Well, we're going to impeach him," Ernst told Bloomberg News in an interview on January 10.

SINKING SHIP Could Joe Biden face impeachment?

ml1 said:

I'm sure mtierney will be here soon to deplore this Republican attempt to hobble our president before he even took office!

"Joe Biden should be very careful what he's asking for because, you know, we can have a situation where if it should ever be President Biden, that immediately, people, right the day after he would be elected would be saying, 'Well, we're going to impeach him," Ernst told Bloomberg News in an interview on January 10.

What the hell is the U.S. Sun?

jamie said:

It's probably a continuation of Donny's juvenile name calling "Sleepy Joe".  So happy we don't have a 6 years old in office anymore.

Again, I actually love it when she tears down Biden, because that makes Trump's decisive loss look even more pathetic.

I'm torn between wanting to never talk or think about that seditionist loser ever again, and looking forward the news stories covering his upcoming court losses and financial difficulties. What'd be great is if the papers cover that in the "B" section -- no need to take up space in the A section where news stories about people and events that matter go. 

Can we please stop talking about Trump? He is no longer in the WH and therefore irrelevant in the context of this thread. Lets talk about the future, not about the past

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

What the hell is the U.S. Sun?

Looks like the Murdoch-owned British tabloid The Sun, aimed at US audiences. It's weird, because other British online papers like The Grauniad and the Daily Fail haven't had to rebrand like this.

PVW said...”I think we should exclusively reply to mtierney with previous quotes of hers going forward. Between the Obama and Trump presidencies, she's posted on both sides of pretty much every issue at this point.”

A definition of bipartisan thinking — weird that it surfaced here the day after Inauguration. 

mtierney said:

PVW said...”I think we should exclusively reply to mtierney with previous quotes of hers going forward. Between the Obama and Trump presidencies, she's posted on both sides of pretty much every issue at this point.”

A definition of bipartisan thinking — weird that it surfaced here the day after Inauguration. 

The opposite. You say one thing when a Republican does it, the opposite when a Democrat does. Extreme partisanship is the only principle you consistently hold to.

PVW said:

The opposite. You say one thing when a Republican does it, the opposite when a Democrat does. Extreme partisanship is the only principle you consistently hold to.

This is also the guiding principle of Fox News evening pundits.

PVW said:

Not true. But what I believe happened is a 24 hour, competitive media which had to be fed constantly, the smallest item had to fill a news hole. We get news on our phones, remember restaurants, with large screen surrounding you? Anyone with a social media account can fabricate stories to keep their standing. So, along with a hungry media, there are hoards of consumers with an insatiable appetite for scandal. 

Also infecting political behavior and discourse was 2020! Add pandemic panic to political panic in a year when we watched each day for numbers of the dead, and numbers of those sick. 

I believe politics became a bad word back in 2016 when Hillary defined American conservatives as  a basket of deplorables. It was a humongous basket — 74 million voters! Some words become itched in stone in perpetuity.

How to fix a broken society, a crushed economy, a decimated educational system, a political system at war with itself, etc.?

mtierney said:

How to fix a broken society, a crushed economy, a decimated educational system, a political system at war with itself, etc.?

Man, harsh words coming off 4 years of your guy in office. It's almost like you acknowledge Trump sucked. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!