South Orange BOT election

Stuart Wainberg donated $1k to the Zuckerman campaign, which is pretty questionable considering the substantial business that he has with the township and the student rentals he owns around town.

Nureed Saeed took a major donation from Wainberg during the last election, which was very questionable.

https://villagegreennj.com/election/2017-south-orange-trustee-race-raise-20k/

MasterP said:

Something called JR Financial Group, a provider of CFP training courses, contributed $5k to SO Forward, which I'm totally unsure how that's allowed.

So JR Financial Group is out of Colorado and provides Financial Planning, Tax Prep, etc.  Could find no link between Jeff Rattiner (CEO) and DDF

http://www.jrfinancialgroup.com/

librarylady said:
 So JR Financial Group is out of Colorado and provides Financial Planning, Tax Prep, etc.  Could find no link between Jeff Rattiner (CEO) and DDF
http://www.jrfinancialgroup.com/

That's probably not it actually. Listed address in Union is to a Jose Rivera, so JR probably refers to that guy. No clue what link is.

I find the Wainberg donation more troubling since the Zuckerman slate actually won election.

MasterP said:
 That's probably not it actually. Listed address in Union is to a Jose Rivera, so JR probably refers to that guy. No clue what link is.
I find the Wainberg donation more troubling since the Zuckerman slate actually won election.

Looks like they refunded $1000 of the $1300.  Still not quite sure how some donations exceeded $2600.

Was that refund a way to try to get the donation under $300, which means it doesn't have to be reported? 

MasterP said:
Folks, the final (I believe) ELEC filings are out. Of course, this has zero impact on the election results, where, thankfully, reason prevailed.
I don't think anyone would be surprised that the SO Forward campaign, after publicly saying they wouldn't take any PAC money, ultimately showed several large contributions from PAC, including the NJ FMBA and NJ State Laborers. The murky "Friends of Deborah Davis Ford" also kicked in $1k to her own cause.
Something called JR Financial Group, a provider of CFP training courses, contributed $5k to SO Forward, which I'm totally unsure how that's allowed.
These also must be record amount raised and spend during the election. Sheena's campaign raked in more than $50k and SO Forward more than $40k. The Zuckerman ticket also raised more than $18k. 
Feel free to add your own observations. 

The address for JR Financial Group is on the form and when I checked it out, the homeowner is listed as Jose Rivera (all public information).  

DDF's daughter Rachel was reimbursed $3200.00 for "office supplies" by the campaign.

Steve said:

Looks like they refunded $1000 of the $1300.  Still not quite sure how some donations exceeded $2600.

The limit for contributions to a political committee is $7200. 

https://www.elec.state.nj.us/forcandidates/elect_limits.htm

What a waste of money.  the $40,000 spent by SO Forward did nothing to get them any extra votes and probably helped Sheena's campaign with all their dishonest mailing  pieces.  Worst local campaign ever.

Here's a summary of the "reportable" (over $300) contributions to both DDF's and Sheena's campaign.  It's amazing what a difference there is - DDF's is filled with politicians and out of town money, Sheena's is mostly local MW/SO residents.  DDF also had a much larger percentage of her campaign from "big" donations, where Sheena had a much larger percentage of her campaign from small donations.

Who created these spreadsheets?

Was the second one actually donations to SO Forward? It shows as DDF donations. It's an important difference. I see Beth and Tony Wonski listed as "candidate's parents" so I'm assuming SOForward.

mrincredible said:
Who created these spreadsheets?
Was the second one actually donations to SO Forward? It shows as DDF donations. It's an important difference. I see Beth and Tony Wonski listed as "candidate's parents" so I'm assuming SOForward.

Fair points. This data was compiled from the ELEC reports.  The “DDF” contributions were for her and her entire slate. 

yahooyahoo said:

MasterP said:
Folks, the final (I believe) ELEC filings are out. Of course, this has zero impact on the election results, where, thankfully, reason prevailed.
I don't think anyone would be surprised that the SO Forward campaign, after publicly saying they wouldn't take any PAC money, ultimately showed several large contributions from PAC, including the NJ FMBA and NJ State Laborers. The murky "Friends of Deborah Davis Ford" also kicked in $1k to her own cause.
These also must be record amount raised and spend during the election. Sheena's campaign raked in more than $50k and SO Forward more than $40k. The Zuckerman ticket also raised more than $18k. 
Feel free to add your own observations. 
The address for JR Financial Group is on the form and when I checked it out, the homeowner is listed as Jose Rivera (all public information).  
DDF's daughter Rachel was reimbursed $3200.00 for "office supplies" by the campaign.

The SO Forward filings also seem to omit any spending on advertising on Village Green and TapIntoSOMA.  

It's also fascinating that there is a $1000 "contribution" from "Friends of Deborah Davis Ford" (which has been DDFs personal PAC for many years), but there are no ELEC Reports for such PAC. In other words, she's been fundraising for years, never reported it, and now made a $1000 contribution to herself.

MasterP said:
Stuart Wainberg donated $1k to the Zuckerman campaign, which is pretty questionable considering the substantial business that he has with the township and the student rentals he owns around town.
Nureed Saeed took a major donation from Wainberg during the last election, which was very questionable.
https://villagegreennj.com/election/2017-south-orange-trustee-race-raise-20k/

Not only Wainberg's investment around SO with his slum houses to SHU students and businesses whose roofs are collapsing, but did you know that Zuckerman is one of Wainberg's tenants? That's how messed up all of this is between Wainberg and Zuckerman. Sheena and Bob suck at this douchebags teat, while Wainberg was strutting round SO telling folks not to vote for Sheena.

shelag67 said:
Not only Wainberg's investment around SO with his slum houses to SHU students and businesses whose roofs are collapsing, but did you know that Zuckerman is one of Wainberg's tenants? That's how messed up all of this is between Wainberg and Zuckerman. Sheena and Bob suck at this douchebags teat, while Wainberg was strutting round SO telling folks not to vote for Sheena.

First, the Wainberg contribution to YVOV was unsolicited and was returned.  I had this conversation directly with Bob a few weeks before the election.  Yes, Wainberg is the landlord of Bob's pet food store.

2nd, what does Sheena have to do with this?  Or did you just want to muckrake and somehow try to tie her to this non-issue. 

Rob_Sandow said:

First, the Wainberg contribution to YVOV was unsolicited and was returned.  I had this conversation directly with Bob a few weeks before the election.  Yes, Wainberg is the landlord of Bob's pet food store.

2nd, what does Sheena have to do with this?  Or did you just want to muckrake and somehow try to tie her to this non-issue. 

Not all of it

shelag67 said:
 Not all of it

Please be more specific

A total of $5700 was given to the DDF campaign (SO Forward) by Essex Co. Democratic politicians: 

Brendan Gill, President of the Essex Co. Freeholders - $2600

Britnee Timberlake, Ex-freeholder and NJ Assemblywoman - $1000

Gerald Owens, ex-Freeholder and SO resident -  $1000

Tony Vaus, Irvington mayor - $600 

Leroy Jones, Chairman of the Essex Co. Democratic Committee - $500

If Zuckerman has a landlord/tenant relationship he would have to recuse himself on any issue involving Wainberg, even if no contribution was made.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.