South Orange BOT election

MasterP said:
So are these sorts of contributions from elected officials just a way of hiding where the contributions are coming from? 
A look at Gill's contributors to his 2020 Primary Campaign show a who's who of PAC and unions giving to the Freeholder's committee, including money from the NJ FMBA. How does this align with claims that SO Forward received no PAC money, if the money is just funneled through an individual? 

Definitely exploiting the system.  


MasterP said:


cramer said:
 Where did you see that?   
 https://www.elec.nj.gov/ELECReport/Search48HrNotice.aspx
If you pull up all the 48-hour notices, you'll see one on 5/8/2019 for Brendan Gill. 
Granted, they do work together, as she is the clerk to the board of freeholders, so there is a personal/professional relationship.

 Nice find.


I love how these politicians use money from their donors to fund each other's campaigns - Gil, Mayor of Irvington and Britnee Timberlake - instead of actually using their own money.


When do we get the results?


Polls close around 8.  I'd guess 10 pm or so.


Morganna said:
When do we get the results? 

Results will be posted here as they are sent to the County after they are delivered to Village Hall:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/NJ/Essex/95904/Web02.226438/#/

Should start to be updated around 8:15 and could be done by 9, if all goes well.


should SOForward have filed a 48 hour report?  The contribution was made last week. 


I'd like to know who the write-ins were for. 

Lets see, Mickey and Donald, maybe Pluto?


No. Musta been Minnie. We gotta support Emily's list.


Serious question: Is DDF now off of the BOT, or does her term still have time to go? 


mbaldwin said:
Serious question: Is DDF now off of the BOT, or does her term still have time to go? 

 Not sure when newly elected trustees are seated, at that time her term is done 


peteglider said:


mbaldwin said:
Serious question: Is DDF now off of the BOT, or does her term still have time to go? 
 Not sure when newly elected trustees are seated, at that time her term is done 

 Thank you! 


peteglider said:


mbaldwin said:
Serious question: Is DDF now off of the BOT, or does her term still have time to go? 
 Not sure when newly elected trustees are seated, at that time her term is done 

The next BOT meeting, which I think is next Monday.  



cramer said:
The next BOT meeting, which I think is next Monday.  


 Will there be an open bar?


Morganna said:


cramer said:
The next BOT meeting, which I think is next Monday.  
 Will there be an open bar?

 

I LOL'd. 


I wouldn't *really* do this, but I had a fantasy of going to the meeting to sing

na na na na

na na na na

hey hey hey

goodbye


But instead, I'll take the lawn signs down and think about where we go from here. Perhaps by reclaiming the idea of "SO Forward."



Morganna said:


cramer said:
The next BOT meeting, which I think is next Monday.  
 Will there be an open bar?

That would fill up SOPAC  But I will watch it on livestream. I hope that Sheena's parents are there as they were four years ago. 

This was a big night for South Orange. I'm looking forward to the next four years. 


The swearing-in is on Monday, May 20th, for all Candidates who won seats. 


I couldn’t be happier with the election results!


cramer said:
That would fill up SOPAC  But I will watch it on livestream. I hope that Sheena's parents are there as they were four years ago. 
This was a big night for South Orange. I'm looking forward to the next four years. 

 I went to the after party at Above. You should turn up as you worked very hard on social media making the case for her. It does seem like this one is something special.

While I'd like to think I would watch the livestream, it sees too good to imagine that Trump will not be announcing a war somewhere new and exotic at that very moment. Perhaps a raid on Portugal for some slight by a member of the judiciary of Portuguese decent. Watching Bolton interrupt a performance of fados in a café in Lisbon, would be too compelling.

So to avoid televised temptation, I may have to show up at the BOT meeting if I want to catch any of it live.


Payback's a B***h, eh, DDF?

-s.



Today's weather in South Orange 


cramer said:
Today's weather in South Orange 

"Hello sunshine, won't you stay?" - B. Springsteen


I was worried that Sheena backing out of the debate would backfire.  I’m not saying she was wrong, I completely understood why.  I was just worried that DDF would twist it around enough to be able to sell more people her list of lies.  I’m very happy to see that I was wrong.  


Although this was just a small local election it is good to see that integrity can still win over dirty politics on occasion 


Glad that reason prevailed, at some cost of our collective anxiety. I'm not sure how the BoT can give DDF any sort of send-off without acknowledging the damage she did to the community. Yes, it's politics but I think treating it as just that will normalize or excuse something that was really tacky and hurtful, despite what SOForward would have you believe. She, her slate and her supporters should be forced to live with the consequences of their actions and I'm not buying that this was just a way to win an election. It exposed a lot of people's true colors. 


Talk about delusional - Britnee Timberlake is trying to spin the race completely differently.


Whoa.  

I'm not on Facebook, so I can't speak to that.  But I have no idea what she's talking about.  I never saw anything racist, thinly veiled or no, on MOL or NextDoor.

Does anyone know about the spitting incident she is referring to?  Or any of the racist behavior?


mrincredible said:
Whoa.  
I'm not on Facebook, so I can't speak to that.  But I have no idea what she's talking about.  I never saw anything racist, thinly veiled or no, on MOL or NextDoor.
Does anyone know about the spitting incident she is referring to?  Or any of the racist behavior?

 Exactly.  Obviously, spitting and racist behavior would be completely unacceptable, but I never heard or saw anything about either occurring.


mayhewdrive said:
Talk about delusional - Britnee Timberlake is trying to spin the race completely differently.

So delusional.  Brittnee Timberlake should be embarrassed at how she and DDF have acted during this campaign.  South Orange is not even in Timberlake's district, but she donated big money. 

They intentionally spread false information but are now trying to play the victims.


Sour grapes. Take the L and go home. 


MasterP said:


cramer said:
 Where did you see that?   
 https://www.elec.nj.gov/ELECReport/Search48HrNotice.aspx
If you pull up all the 48-hour notices, you'll see one on 5/8/2019 for Brendan Gill. 
Granted, they do work together, as she is the clerk to the board of freeholders, so there is a personal/professional relationship.

Brendan Gill was Phil Murphy's campaign manager and is involved with New Direction New Jersey, a Phil Murphy-affiliated dark-money organization. 



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertisement

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Featured Events