So Much for "Unity" at the DNC: Corporate Democrats Purge Bernie Backers

yes, you answer with detail. (most of it hidden in the videos that no one watches)

The point is that your detail is not ever pertinent to the issues I raise.

eta: yeah, all of my news from CNN.

eta2: not a brag but a confession

nan said:

drummerboy,

You live in an alternative universe.  I respond to every one of your posts in detail.  I write and also post videos as further evidence. All you do is call me names, and try to discredit me.  You don't even seem to understand what I post and don't watch the videos and then act as though you are an expert, despite getting all of your news from CNN (and bragging about it).  

drummerboy said:

This page has gotta hit a record for dum dum posts. So much non-factual, conspiratorial nonsense.

It's embarrassing to read.

Well, you have convinced me. Your logic is impeccable and your evidence is overwhelming. I can't even remember why I voted for Bernie.  Next time, I will definitely vote for Hillary (or whoever else is running for the Goldman Sachs nomination).

We have very different views of the world. I spend a lot of time reading and watching videos and that has helped me understand how things in the world really work.  I like to share them, because I think they are informative and interesting. But, it is no surprise that someone who only watches CNN is going to be confused and resistant to my posts. I would suggest that you try to watch the videos and spend some more time on Progressive news sites.  I doubt you will be interested, but if this this material offends you, then at least stop the personal attacks and go away (as you said you were doing--good!). No one is forcing you to be here.

This is getting weird. Drummerboy is one of the furthest Left people on MOL

Drummerboy is an establishment Democrat.  He gets his views from CNN.  CNN is not far left.  You are being sarcastic, right?

this is hilarious.

nan said:

Drummerboy is an establishment Democrat.  He gets his views from CNN.  CNN is not far left.  You are being sarcastic, right?

and since I spend most of my TV time yelling at the TV, I wouldn't actually call it "gets his views from".  (Anyway my choice for all day news is CNN or FOX, so I don't have much choice.)

But this perfectly explains you , now that I think about it. You think that watching something necessarily means you believe it, because that's how you treat your own sources. You decide on the sources that make you feel good, and then just gulp it down unthinkingly. No critical thinking skills need apply.

Explains a lot.

If you are not a fan of CNN's views, why do you watch it exclusively?  I listen to media that contradicts my views for better understanding, but never exclusively.  That would make me a very cranky person.  Might explain some things here.

No one here is far left. There’s barely a soul in America who is far left. America has no fricking idea what far left means. You’re dreaming of Sweden or, at best, Canada.

because it's the only 24 hours news I've got on the TV. This is not a hard problem. And it's not like I'm planted in front of the TV. (why am I explaining this?)

nan said:

If you are not a fan of CNN's views, why do you watch it exclusively?  I listen to media that contradicts my views for better understanding, but never exclusively.  That would make me a very cranky person.  Might explain some things here.

Still on the path to failure.  They would rather lose to a Republican than win with a Progressive.  They learned nothing from their wipeout in 2016.  They are looking for pro-Wall Street, Hillary 2.0, Blue Dog Democrats only.  They failed to support DACA the other day and they will fail to support their voters because their donors tell them what to do.  How long do we have to continue to support them with our votes?

What else is new?

Money and the Financing of Campaigns

As Senator Mark Hanna said in 1895: "There are two things that are important in politics. The first is money and I can't remember what the second one is." 

LOST said:

What else is new?

As Senator Mark Hanna said in 1895: "There are two things that are important in politics. The first is money and I can't remember what the second one is." 

It's not new, but since the passage of Citizen's United it's beyond the pale now.  It is important to note that both Democrats and Republicans do this and to seriously reconsider lesser evil voting because the lesser evil is getting closer and closer to being the exact same evil.

nan said:

Still on the path to failure.  They would rather lose to a Republican than win with a Progressive.  They learned nothing from their wipeout in 2016.  They are looking for pro-Wall Street, Hillary 2.0, Blue Dog Democrats only.  They failed to support DACA the other day and they will fail to support their voters because their donors tell them what to do.  How long do we have to continue to support them with our votes?

I started to watch the video, and saw that Mr. Dore was just going to make comments on and read selections from a story in The Intercept.

So I decided to read the source material, instead of subject myself to Mr. Dore's performance.

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/23/dccc-democratic-primaries-congress-progressives/

FWIW, his two sidekicks look and speak like they're in costume as stock characters. 

nan said:

LOST said:

What else is new?

It's not new, but since the passage of Citizen's United it's beyond the pale now.  It is important to note that both Democrats and Republicans do this and to seriously reconsider lesser evil voting because the lesser evil is getting closer and closer to being the exact same evil.

Citizens United was a Supreme Court decision striking some provisions of campaign finance laws. I do not recall the exact details but back in 1895 there were no laws on the subject at all. What has changed is media, particularly TV. But as the saying goes the more things change the more they remain the same.

OTOH social media may make a difference.

jeebus. If you don't think there's not a world of difference between D's and R's, I've got a bridge to sell.

nan said:

LOST said:

What else is new?

nohero said:

nan said:

I started to watch the video, and saw that Mr. Dore was just going to make comments on and read selections from a story in The Intercept.

So I decided to read the source material, instead of subject myself to Mr. Dore's performance.

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/23/dccc-democratic-primaries-congress-progressives/

FWIW, his two sidekicks look and speak like they're in costume as stock characters. 

Thank you for posting the article.  I was going to add it to my post, but I was rushing out the door to work.  I think it's an excellent article exposing the wrongheaded DCCC.  

Too bad you won't watch Jimmy Dore.  He grows on people and he's hilarious.  I love the sidekicks too; they are unique people with insight and humor. I follow both of them on Twitter.

Brought this thread back for a positive reason (for once) - Local candidate (Monmouth County), Jim Keady, interviewed by Jimmy Dore.  Great interview:

Meanwhile, the Bernie Bros have thrown their support behind ... Dennis Kucinich...??... in Ohio.

Now there's some forward thinking!!! Too bad they're not running the whole shebang!

or maybe not.

Why don't you like Dennis Kucinich?  He's a progressive.  Would you rather have Jerry Springer?

The issue is that they're picking him against Richard Cordray. So "not Jerry Springer" isn't a good point. 

nan said:

Why don't you like Dennis Kucinich?  He's a progressive.  Would you rather have Jerry Springer?

You haven't noticed that Kucinich is kind of a nut case?

nan said:

drummerboy said:

You haven't noticed that Kucinich is kind of a nut case?

nan said:

So is Jerry Springer.  So is Trump.  And so is Hillary.  I don't subscribe to the cult of the personality.  I look at the platform.  If he's for single-payer, free college, a living wage, money out of politics, and non-intervention, then he's charmingly eccentric.  We need people who will fight for these things.  

Jerry Springer is not running.

There are six candidates in the Dem Primary including a justice of the Supreme Court who was a Nurse before he was a Lawyer. Very unusual. 

There are two candidates in the Republican Primary,a "moderate" and a right-winger.

There is a Green Party candidate.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_gubernatorial_and_lieutenant_gubernatorial_election,_2018

Kucinich is a little nutty and Cordray is Elizabeth Warren's buddy. Who knows?

From that link above, it seems Dennis Kucinich's platform would be something like this (from his 2012 campaign):

• Jobs and the Economy: "We have a critical opportunity to create jobs and restore our crumbling infrastructure in the creation of a new WPA - rebuilding America's roads, bridges, water systems, sewer systems, mass transit systems, hospitals, universities, libraries and more with an eco-sustainable focus. In the WGA, Works Green Administration, government will become an engine for sustainability and environmental restoration. We can create millions of new jobs incentivizing the designing, engineering, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of millions of wind and solar micro-technologies and insulation in tens of millions of American homes, businesses and industries, reducing our utility bills, our environmental impact and our reliance on carbon and nuclear-based energy."
  • War or Peace: "Dennis led the effort in challenging the Bush Administration's march toward war in Iraq and its policy of invasion and occupation of Afghanistan. He organized a strongly bipartisan effort to try to stop the unconstitutional, unwanted, expensive war of choice in Libya. Of all the Democratic and Republican attempts to end the war, Dennis’ amendment got the most votes, coming within a handful of votes from passing."
  • Campaign Finance Reform: "The great challenge before us today is whether we can maintain a government of the people, by the people and for the people, or whether we will timidly accept the economic, social, and political consequences of a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations... To save our democracy, we must turn to the document that established it. Let us renew the Constitution by amending it, requiring public financing to redeem from the perishable fires of corporate control an imperishable government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

So far, so good.  Add in support for single-payer and he looks like a great candidate.  Does not look nutty to me.

It's one thing to have progressive positions; it's another thing to be able to get them implemented. 

nan said:

From that link above, it seems Dennis Kucinich's platform would be something like this (from his 2012 campaign):

Why go back to 2012?

https://kucinich.com/the-issues/

LOST said:

Jerry Springer is not running.

There are six candidates in the Dem Primary including a justice of the Supreme Court who was a Nurse before he was a Lawyer. Very unusual. 

There are two candidates in the Republican Primary,a "moderate" and a right-winger.

There is a Green Party candidate.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_gubernatorial_and_lieutenant_gubernatorial_election,_2018

Kucinich is a little nutty and Cordray is Elizabeth Warren's buddy. Who knows?

Steve said:

It's one thing to have progressive positions; it's another thing to be able to get them implemented. 

If you don't elect people with progressive positions there is zero percent chance of getting them implemented.

LOST said:

nan said:

Why go back to 2012?

https://kucinich.com/the-issues/

Thanks, LOST, this is a good updated list and includes healthcare.  I was using the link from another post.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.