Roger Ailes is Dead, Bill's Gone, And Sean's A Tad Too Crazy Even For Fox

Joseph

The good Lord took him much too soon. His death should have been long and painful.


South
GL2 said:

The good Lord took him much too soon. His death should have been long and painful.

Let it go.

If it makes you feel any better, he didn't get to rehabilitate his reputation for obituary purposes, for what that's worth to you.


apple44

I like how everyone is saying "the story is developing."

If he's dead at 8:30 in the morning, my guess is he'll be dead all day.


Joseph

His eulogy should include excerpts from The Loudest Voice in the Room. He was a truly evil man.


Joseph


apple44 said:

I like how everyone is saying "the story is developing."

If he's dead at 8:30 in the morning, my guess is he'll be dead all day.

We should be absolutely certain he stays dead.

As my ex said during Nixon's twenty-one gun salute, "Pump a few into the coffin, just to be sure."


jeffl

Both of these posts are rude...but LOL funny.  But seriously, what might that story be that's developing?  Suicide?  Murder?  I think we should all speculate wildly because otherwise it's such a slow news day!

GL2 said:



apple44 said:

I like how everyone is saying "the story is developing."

If he's dead at 8:30 in the morning, my guess is he'll be dead all day.

We should be absolutely certain he stays dead.

As my ex said during Nixon's twenty-one gun salute, "Pump a few into the coffin, just to be sure."



Don


jeffl said:

Both of these posts are rude...but LOL funny.  But seriously, what might that story be that's developing?  Suicide?  Murder?  I think we should all speculate wildly because otherwise it's such a slow news day!

GL2 said:



apple44 said:

I like how everyone is saying "the story is developing."

If he's dead at 8:30 in the morning, my guess is he'll be dead all day.

We should be absolutely certain he stays dead.

As my ex said during Nixon's twenty-one gun salute, "Pump a few into the coffin, just to be sure."

I think the journo-nerd answer would be that these reports are based on a what Mrs. Ailes supposedly told the Drudge Report. When stronger confirmation occurs, they will update the story.


Joseph

We're talking about a guy who assaulted and harassed young women and, when denied, hired a dick (Bo Dietl) to dig up dirt to slander them.


Joseph

“My doctor told me that I’m old, fat, and ugly, but none of those things is going to kill me immediately,” he told Vanity Fair in 2013. “The actuaries say I have six to eight years. The best tables give me 10. Three thousand days, more or less. I’d give anything for another 10 years.”


drummerboy

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."


ml1

I guess he's finally reunited with Nixon.


Gilgul

I'm sure you have a lot of candidates for that position.

drummerboy said:

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."



drummerboy

Actually, no. He's always been pretty much at the top of my list.

Gilgul said:

I'm sure you have a lot of candidates for that position.
drummerboy said:

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."



The Soulful Mr T

Time for what John Oliver calls a F*ckEulogy.


Gilgul

You didn't think the same thought just about a year ago when Scalia died? 

drummerboy said:

Actually, no. He's always been pretty much at the top of my list.

Gilgul said:

I'm sure you have a lot of candidates for that position.
drummerboy said:

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."



Joseph


drummerboy said:

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."

Agree. Not sure there's any way to measure his evil influence on America.


Joseph

January 28, 2014
Fourteen - Anti-Clinton News Network

…Be more opinionated,” he told Crier in one meeting. “The guests are there as a foil for you.” He also disagreed with her dress. “He had admiration for her legs,” a senior executive said. In one meeting, Ailes barked, “Tell Catherine I did not spend x-number of dollars on a glass desk for her to wear pant suits.”


Joseph

February 1, 2014
Eighteen - “What Are You Going to Do With All This Power?”

Around-the-clock cable news coverage provided the free promotion. By the time Kerry defended himself, one poll found nearly half the country had heard about the Swift Boat ad or had seen it. In the closing days of the race, Kerry’s camp exploded when Fox painted Kerry as a terrorist favorite. After a tape of Osama bin Laden was released in late October, Fox anchor Neil Cavuto said on-camera that he thought he saw a Kerry “button” in bin Laden’s cave.


shoshannah

“People think I stayed in politics because I wanted conservatives to run the world,” he told The New York Times Magazine in 1995. “Actually, it was the money.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...



Klinker

A life truly wasted in the pursuit of evil.


mjc

I heard somebody the other day (radio) describe the 2016 election as a "Flight 93" situation:  you knew the plane was going down if the current people stayed in power, so it didn't matter if you didn't really know whether the new guy could actually fly it or land it.

This finally makes sense to me as to why some people voted for Trump, even knowing he didn't seem qualified.

So then the question is, how did people become convinced the plane would go down if Hillary was elected, resulting in Trump's win?  ...thanks, Mr. Ailes.  I hope the country survives you.


qrysdonnell

This is the article. I was anonymous at the time: http://www.claremont.org/crb/b...

This is who wrote it. He now works in the White House: http://www.weeklystandard.com/...

mjc said:

I heard somebody the other day (radio) describe the 2016 election as a "Flight 93" situation:  you knew the plane was going down if the current people stayed in power, so it didn't matter if you didn't really know whether the new guy could actually fly it or land it.

This finally makes sense to me as to why some people voted for Trump, even knowing he didn't seem qualified.

So then the question is, how did people become convinced the plane would go down if Hillary was elected, resulting in Trump's win?  ...thanks, Mr. Ailes.  I hope the country survives you.



LOST


qrysdonnell said:

This is the article. I was anonymous at the time: http://www.claremont.org/crb/b...

This is who wrote it. He now works in the White House: http://www.weeklystandard.com/...

I started reading it. Amazing what some people think.


drummerboy

Are you kidding? Scalia is not even close to being in Roger Aile's league in terms of evil.

Ailes actually took an entire country and split it in two.

Gilgul said:

You didn't think the same thought just about a year ago when Scalia died? 
drummerboy said:

Actually, no. He's always been pretty much at the top of my list.

Gilgul said:

I'm sure you have a lot of candidates for that position.
drummerboy said:

I guess I won't start my thread titled "The most loathsome man of my lifetime is finally dead."



shoshannah

Lee Atwater

Roger Ailes

Roger Stone

All cut from the same cloth. Did I miss anyone?



South
mjc said:

So then the question is, how did people become convinced the plane would go down if Hillary was elected, resulting in Trump's win?  ...thanks, Mr. Ailes.  I hope the country survives you.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just Ailes, or Fox News, or anyone that could be called "right-wing".

There were "progressives" in that "Not Hillary" band.


Woot


South_Mountaineer said:


mjc said:

So then the question is, how did people become convinced the plane would go down if Hillary was elected, resulting in Trump's win?  ...thanks, Mr. Ailes.  I hope the country survives you.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just Ailes, or Fox News, or anyone that could be called "right-wing".

There were "progressives" in that "Not Hillary" band.

This started a long time ago.  


drummerboy

yeah, but Roger Ailes helped to create the climate where Hillary could be uncritically destroyed by nonsense scandals.

His reach was far wider than just Fox News. He affected ALL mainstream media.

South_Mountaineer said:


mjc said:

So then the question is, how did people become convinced the plane would go down if Hillary was elected, resulting in Trump's win?  ...thanks, Mr. Ailes.  I hope the country survives you.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just Ailes, or Fox News, or anyone that could be called "right-wing".

There were "progressives" in that "Not Hillary" band.



ml1

nearly all of the progressive anti-Hillary people came to their conclusions based on actual facts, not made-up pseudo-scandals.  She did actually vote to support the Iraq invasion.  She was also a strong supporter of the invasion of Libya.  She did actually often talk about a very militaristic foreign policy.  She in fact was connected to Wall Street.  None of those things stopped me from supporting her in '16.  But I can understand people who found her an unappealing candidate.  I wish they had realized how awful Trump was, and that even a hawkish neo-liberal Clinton would be a better choice than he was.  But they didn't come to their conclusions based on made-up stuff.



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.