Retro TV

It might come in on your digital antenna, but my digital antenna is non-existent. So I have little choice.

Many of my old beloved shows don't hold up upon current viewing.  There are some that do but to me, this is the golden age of television.  not the 50s or 60s.  I'm glad they don't make most shows "like they used to"

bub said:

Many of my old beloved shows don't hold up upon current viewing.  There are some that do but to me, this is the golden age of television.  not the 50s or 60s.  I'm glad they don't make most shows "like they used to"

oh, agreed. I think watching these shows just turns on the feel-good-nostalgic response. If you hadn't seen them before, it's unlikely you'd pick them out now for viewing. They are not great art for the most part.

But The Honeymooners still holds up.

Definitely agree about the Honeymooners. 

Not exactly retro but not exactly current either, I think very highly of the Jesse Stone TV movies with Tom Selleck.  I never seek them out but stick with them while channel surfing.  His best work, I think.

drummerboy said:

It might come in on your digital antenna, but my digital antenna is non-existent. So I have little choice.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!