Paving company dug up driveway apron

Yesterday my driveway apron was dug up by township contractors and today no one showed up to start replacing. This means I'm stuck in my driveway now until Saturday at minimum and I need to take a road trip early Saturday. They had no parking signs all last week but no one mentioned my driveway would be unusable for a few days. Who do I contact about this pothole in my yard so to speak. 


They should at least be able to put something down in the hole to allow you to get out of your driveway and they should have notified you.  (In the past we have gotten hang tag notes on our door ... although not with sufficient notice IMO.)


You should have received a notice of some sort telling the expected dates of construction and advising you to park on an adjacent street if your driveway was going to blocked or disabled or the street closed due to construction.  By all means call the Engineer's Office first thing tomorrow and tell them your problem.  Today is Wednesday.  There are still two days until Saturday morning.  Hopefully your problem can be resolved in time.


Caught the foreman outside and he's going to take care of the inconvenience due to his equipment failure and indicated he guarantees I will be able to use my driveway by close of buisness Friday.  smile


sac said:

They should at least be able to put something down in the hole to allow you to get out of your driveway and they should have notified you.  (In the past we have gotten hang tag notes on our door ... although not with sufficient notice IMO.)

 

joan_crystal said:

You should have received a notice of some sort telling the expected dates of construction and advising you to park on an adjacent street if your driveway was going to blocked or disabled or the street closed due to construction.  By all means call the Engineer's Office first thing tomorrow and tell them your problem.  Today is Wednesday.  There are still two days until Saturday morning.  Hopefully your problem can be resolved in time.

 Notice was given the morning they started working and indicated they would be done by the time I got home from work which is not sufficient considering there was no street parking allowed. I understand things can happen but it should have been communicated better from the get go. 


the_18th_letter said:

Caught the foreman outside and he's going to take care of the inconvenience due to his equipment failure and indicated he guarantees I will be able to use my driveway by close of buisness Friday. 
smile

 Sounds like that resolves your problem for Saturday morning.  You might still want to follow up with the town engineer tomorrow as added insurance that the job will be done in time.


They probably mailed notices to homeowners.  You’ll receive it a week from Wednesday


joan_crystal said:

 Sounds like that resolves your problem for Saturday morning.  You might still want to follow up with the town engineer tomorrow as added insurance that the job will be done in time.

 Absolutely! I'll take the foreman's word for it for now and I've confirmed a contingency plan just in case. I'll leave the township be for the moment to focus on other things. 




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.