NYT - The Great News Quiz of 2020

geez, did anyone try this thing yet?

All I do all day is consume news, and I only got 16 right.

Tough! I got 17, and part of that was lucky guessing on numbers.

Please link w/o pay wall,

Or what page is it on? I have the paper 

I knew the two states misidentified, and typed them in.  It said I missed both of them.  Counting that one, I got 17.  And I too consume news all day.  It was a tough one.

What PVW said.

Thought I was doing better than that.

STANV does this help at all??  https://nyti.ms/2WXV2Yp

If not, it's in Briefing, and it's dated 12/30, though a Correction is also dated 12/30, so ??

STANV said:

Please link w/o pay wall,

Or what page is it on? I have the paper 

How do I link without paywall?

Got 18, but was soooo close on the Azerbaijan question that I'm giving myself a half point for it.

If we're counting off for guesses and luck, i'm not reporting my result.

I didn't include the Azerbaijan one in my 18.  I did wild-guess one (the Fauci photo).... and the Hong Kong photo was a gimme for me.   The real injustice is that I had guessed 975 on the Sweden question.

I also typed in both states that were colored wrong on the map, so counting that I got 21.

Many of you did better than I did.

Certain of my answers were just guesses, like I knew the band shown was K-Pop but did not know their name. And I know almost nothing about sports.

dave said:

Got 18, but was soooo close on the Azerbaijan question that I'm giving myself a half point for it.

Half points don't count. I consider my answer the worst I gave because I did not remember Russia and I have been to Azerbajian, Armenia and Georgia

STANV said:

dave said:

Half points don't count. I consider my answer the worst I gave because I did not remember Russia and I have been to Azerbajian, Armenia and Georgia

That's got to sting.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.