Morgan Le Fay Cat Rescue - Vampire Cats. The legend lives on.

This is what it looks like when a kitten laughs.

Bunny Hop, a lovable kitten who needs a kitten friend. Daffodils are only there for the photo shoot. Toxic to critters so they were quickly removed.

New kittens! Mercurial, Solstice, Sunspot and Eclipse. Super friendly just about 8 weeks. Getting their first shots, tested negative for FIV/ FELV.

Mercurial and Solstice were adopted in SOMA. Their brothers Eclipse and Sunspot are ready for their new families.

Morgana’s, you are killing me with these kitten photos! But Harry the Cat said, no way!

mtierney said:

Morgana’s, you are killing me with these kitten photos! But Harry the Cat said, no way!

Tell Harry it is time he considers sharing the love!

Beautiful sisters are ready for their new adventure!

A never before seen conjuring dance performed by Olivia and Amanda, summoning an adopter.

"I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille."

Amanda auditioning for the feline version of Sunset Blvd.

New kittens, everyone above has been adopted so,

we have this guy, black hair, lightening bolt mark on forehead,.... Harry Potter is that you?

2  sisters, equally adorable and friendly.

I asked Harry the Cat if he wanted a companion. He was less than enthusiastic.

Serious cat question, Morgana: I would like to know if the pandemic lockdown has lead to emotional issues for pets. Had seven guests here on Labor Day. The cat freaked out, seeing people in his house — even though we were outside most of the afternoon. For over two weeks afterward, he was scared and easily spooked. He is better, but still skittish if he sees someone.

mtierney said:

I asked Harry the Cat if he wanted a companion. He was less than enthusiastic.

Serious cat question, Morgana: I would like to know if the pandemic lockdown has lead to emotional issues for pets. Had seven guests here on Labor Day. The cat freaked out, seeing people in his house — even though we were outside most of the afternoon. For over two weeks afterward, he was scared and easily spooked. He is better, but still skittish if he sees someone.

I have a very quiet house so no big change there but, I wondered if the masks threw them. They pay attention to another cats mouths, facial expressions so I thought they would be confused by the covering when they do see people.  When someone comes to pick out a kitten, they are masked. 

Harry Potter is the kitty version of our dog. How old is Harry?

Jerseyperson said:

Harry Potter is the kitty version of our dog. How old is Harry?

About 8 weeks. I'm on a list of approved rescues for AHS and the Elizabeth shelter. Day after Ida I got a post that 5 kittens who were not on solid food yet were surrendered. The post said they wouldn't make it without rescue as its a pound, (Elizabeth Shelter) and there is no one to bottle feed so I stepped up and someone transported through the flooded town to South Orange. 2 of the 5 are pre adopted and probably going home this weekend. They'll all go to Dr. Morkos for their FIV/FELV test. Then I'll vaccinate. Just checking their weight. Still under 2 lbs. I've wormed them twice but will do another and do flea meds.  They've had their bubble baths as they are too small for Revolution just yet.

If you wish you can message me.

Morganna 

I sent you a pm

"I thought Cinderella was able to drive hers."

"Well sometimes you have to check under the hood."

You’re killing me, Morgana!

mtierney said:

You’re killing me, Morgana!

3 of this litter of 5 are going to their new homes on Sunday. So happy when I know they are off to live with lovely people. Just in time as I've been asked to make room for more kittens. I truly wish we had a local shelter again.

There are only a few of us in Essex County Not quite even one per town. And most of us are exhausted. We are trying to get more towns to at least support Trap Neuter Return. I have 3 friends who trap almost every night. They do about 400 to 500 a year each just with donations. Online fundraisers for the many seriously injured cats.

My friend, who was trapping in Newark the other night was threatened, as the local drug dealers did not like her hanging around her car waiting for cats to be lured into the traps.

Its endless and most towns do not even have a shelter.

Southern Ocean County has a shelter in Manahawkin — it’s where we got Harry the Cat — I know cash donations are a way to go, but what do shelters, in general, need the most from volunteers in your experience? Back in the day when there was the shelter on Ridgewood Road in SO, I walked dogs. That ship has sailed, sorry to say, over a decade ago!

Before I approach my local shelter, I would love some insider suggestions from you. TIA

mtierney said:

Southern Ocean County has a shelter in Manahawkin — it’s where we got Harry the Cat — I know cash donations are a way to go, but what do shelters, in general, need the most from volunteers in your experience? Back in the day when there was the shelter on Ridgewood Road in SO, I walked dogs. That ship has sailed, sorry to say, over a decade ago!

Before I approach my local shelter, I would love some insider suggestions from you. TIA

Top of the list and don't tell Harry I said this, is often fostering. Maybe try your hand at bottle feeding. Maybe do a short foster to help wean kittens. Could be an orphan kitten needs to be out of the shelter for a week or two.

They would be the best ones to advise but my friend Liz and I were the 2 kitten foster homes for the shelter. For example I saw a post from AHS begging for fosters.

Just one idea. 

And if you walked dogs at the JAC, I bet you know some of my pals.

Morganna said:

mtierney said:

Top of the list and don't tell Harry I said this, is often fostering. Maybe try your hand at bottle feeding. Maybe do a short foster to help wean kittens. Could be an orphan kitten needs to be out of the shelter for a week or two.

They would be the best ones to advise but my friend Liz and I were the 2 kitten foster homes for the shelter. For example I saw a post from AHS begging for fosters.

Just one idea. 

And if you walked dogs at the JAC, I bet you know some of my pals.

I fantasize about taking care of kittens. When I get up some gumption, I will visit the shelter in  Manahawkin and ask what volunteer work they need. Harry will not be amused, he still has pandemic lockdown issues. Thanks

The little sisters in their rainbow bed. I may have heard them singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow. At least I'm certain as they wait to be adopted they are thinking "There's no place like home."

Vampire Cats. The legend is real.

The little sisters got their wish. They are adopted together to a wonderful family!

Can we get some more cat pics going here?

The latest litter. They tested negative for FIV FELV and have had 2 kittens shots. 3 rock n rollers. looking at them I'm thinking Ragdoll, Tin Lizzie and Little Cutie with a nod to Aerosmith.

One of the little sisters.

A must see movie for cat lovers on Netflix is The Electrical Life of Louis Wain — true story of the artist, who turned working mousers into pampered pets! Great production and starring Benedict Cumberbatch in an amazing performance.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.