Morgan Le Fay Cat Rescue - Vampire Cats. The legend lives on.

Weighed them again and all have gained weight. Good sign. They are suddenly on the move. The little Tabico was scaling the cardboard wall I put up to allow Mom to climb in to nurse but climb out to walk about, eat, use the litter box. I gave in and removed the blockade. A very wobbly population struggled to walk forward some with better skill than others.

I'm a regular"lurker" on your threads. So many gorgeous kitties. I wish I could adopt them all because it's awful how so many are found without homes. 

Since many of you are "experts",  I am looking for help/advice. 

I'm feeding two spayed cats, about 4-5 years old in an office complex in Secaucus. Both cats are friendly, come running when called and are very affectionate. Where/who do I contact to get them off the streets?

All advice is welcome!

Thanks-

David

wharfrat said:

I'm a regular"lurker" on your threads. So many gorgeous kitties. I wish I could adopt them all because it's awful how so many are found without homes. 

Since many of you are "experts",  I am looking for help/advice. 

I'm feeding two spayed cats, about 4-5 years old in an office complex in Secaucus. Both cats are friendly, come running when called and are very affectionate. Where/who do I contact to get them off the streets?

All advice is welcome!

Thanks-

David

I'm going to reach out to a rescuer I know who is part of a group that is in that area. Can you post a picture so that I can send it on to them through FB? Its a big plus that they are spayed. Are they ear tipped?

By the way this little temptation was found peeking out from under a bush in Newark right before the July 4th explosions began. My friend who manages several colonies in Newark and does Trap Neuter Return with a couple of groups, relies on rescues to find homes for the kittens and friendlies. I grabbed the Mom and kittens above and this little mischief maker popped up a few days later so I couldn't say no to such a mug.

She and some of my rescue pals do a lot of "mending" as well. Lots of surgeries, amputations, eye enucleations, and such. It's a regular MASH unit for cats.

Morganna said:

I'm going to reach out to a rescuer I know who is part of a group that is in that area. Can you post a picture so that I can send it on to them through FB? Its a big plus that they are spayed. Are they ear tipped?

By the way this little temptation was found peeking out from under a bush in Newark right before the July 4th explosions began. My friend who manages several colonies in Newark and does Trap Neuter Return with a couple of groups, relies on rescues to find homes for the kittens and friendlies. I grabbed the Mom and kittens above and this little mischief maker popped up a few days later so I couldn't say no to such a mug.

She and some of my rescue pals do a lot of "mending" as well. Lots of surgeries, amputations, eye enucleations, and such. It's a regular MASH unit for cats.

What an adorable kitten. Thank you! I will post pictures.

This is Socks. She has lived at 333 Meadowlands Parkway for almost 3 years. She is spayed and her right ear is tipped. For almost 2 years she had an outdoor house that was cozy and warm until it was commandered by raccoons. Definitely a house cat. You can even pick her up.

This is Birdy. She lives in a tree for safety and when you come to feed her scrambles down the tree, making adorable meowing sounds. While not as comfortable around people, she approaches you, does a head butt, and if you don't reach out too quickly loves to be stroked and scratched. She's been at the same location for a similar amount of time, leading me to think she and Socks are related. Also spayed with a tipped ear.

wharfrat said:

This is Birdy. She lives in a tree for safety and when you come to feed her scrambles down the tree, making adorable meowing sounds. While not as comfortable around people, she approaches you, does a head butt, and if you don't reach out too quickly loves to be stroked and scratched. She's been at the same location for a similar amount of time, leading me to think she and Socks are related. Also spayed with a tipped ear.

Very cute pair. I'll see if I can contact someone in that area.  Are you her main feeder?

Morganna said:

Very cute pair. I'll see if I can contact someone in that area.  Are you her main feeder?

Thank you! Much appreciated. 

100% main feeder with Socks.

About 50/50 with Birdy. She is being fed by someone else I haven't met. So I give her food when her bowl is empty, on my early morning weekday runs, and always on the weekend.

The Tabico is the most adventurous of the litter. Climbing onto me at only 3 weeks, anxious to try big girl food but her baby teeth are just coming in, growing fast but still wanting to give Mom a Thank You kiss.

So adorable!  Thanks for sharing these happy photos in these "interesting" times.

EBennett said:

So adorable!  Thanks for sharing these happy photos in these "interesting" times.

More to come. Honestly, I took a few months break because I was not able to do adoptions easily. Most rescues can not do them at Petco which was a reliable outlet. Because shelters are only by appointment, and it's kitten season, I decided to jump in again. I did the last adoption with all of the social distancing protocol. I stay very small, doing typically one litter at a time. The little ones with the nursing mom will take about 5 more weeks so I thought I would help the little Tortie.

I'm taking the Tortie today to Valley Vet to get her first shot and to get her tested for FIV/FELV. I've wormed her and will be giving her Revolution for fleas, earmites and a back up worming as she has reached 2 lb. so she should be 2 months. Then she will be ready to look for her new home.

Morganna said:

Weighed them again and all have gained weight. Good sign. They are suddenly on the move. The little Tabico was scaling the cardboard wall I put up to allow Mom to climb in to nurse but climb out to walk about, eat, use the litter box. I gave in and removed the blockade. A very wobbly population struggled to walk forward some with better skill than others.

Are they still available?  In particular the orange ones? 

Tall_Mocha said:

Are they still available?  In particular the orange ones? 

Yes, they are very little.  You can send me a PM. 

Please post more photos ! 

Sometimes a kitten just has to draw a line in the sand!

Nah it's just water. Let's belly up to the bar.

Well, the kittens are 4 weeks old, the 2 macho boys are starting to gobble up meat! One of the twin orange and white girls is chowing down on kitten food as well. But the little Torbie is sticking with Mom for the moment. Do I have a future vegetarian?

Today is the third day that the kittens are practicing spitting. It always cracks me up when they get to this period. They just do it with no provocation. Very silly.

I'm waiting for the week when they learn to arch their backs, spike their fur, and crab walk. 

I'm thinking how wonderful it would be to have the Mother cat adopted with one of her Mini Me's. But even as a solo cat, she will make a wonderful pet. 

Weaning is going well. 2 holdouts. Mom is getting a break as the kittens nurse less. Of course during her nap time there is always that one kitten with that bright idea.

Not exactly how Weight Watchers is supposed to work. Kittens get weighed every few days to make sure everyone is gaining. Four of the 6 kittens are eating kitten food as well as nursing. At this stage Mom is probably nursing only a few times a day. Socially the litter is forming friendships and play fighting which is great because they have each other to bite and scratch. They'll learn to retract their claws and be reminded that fingers are not chew toys.

They are 5 weeks old, and very curious about humans. Anxious to climb onto my lap. Focus now is on getting all to eat solid food, nurse less and allow Mom's milk to dry up soon so that she can be spayed and ready for a home of her own, maybe with one of her kittens.

Woo Hoo! Last 2 kittens are sampling kitten food! 

Another Woo Hoo! This little girl got a wonderful home in SOMA with a kitten that I adopted to the family last year and a dog that sleeps with the cat.

I always encourage people to take 2 kittens if possible because eventually the kitty convinces the family that they want a friend!

"Seriously, am I done yet?"

Kittens are so busy playing with each other that she does get time to relax or snuggle up for petting. Lining up her spay date, rabies and distemper shots and her FIV/ FELV test before she is ready for a home of her very own.

After weeks of thinking up names for her and the kittens, I'm leaning towards Marigold.

I delayed a week as I saw Marigold nursing. She will go this coming Thursday as I have a tiny window of opportunity between nursing and her going into heat, when most vets discourage spaying. 

Kittens are 7 weeks and getting their 3rd worming today, Thursday kittens go to the vet for first shots, while mom is getting spayed, vaccinated, tested etc.

I was pleased to see how gentle and insistently friendly Marigold was to a family who was meeting her kittens. It seemed like she was saying "Pick me!"

I'm thinking of giving her 3 days of separation during recovery.

The kitten's eye color is changing. It all happens so fast right before your eyes.

Last seen on the All Arts channel this avant garde troupe is experimenting with the concept of the body as art. Appearing in South Orange under the thoughtful art direction of their mother Marigold.

Marigold has been adopted!

Honeysuckle and Orange Blossom have been adopted!

But the big surprise was Marigold. The couple had come to see the kittens but when I showed them Marigold, their mother, it was love at first sight.

I honestly thought it would take quite awhile as the moms are often overlooked but not this girl! 

So happy for her and so grateful for her adopters.

I'm keeping her another week for spay recovery, just to make sure she is ready for her new adventure and her life with a dashing male named Zorro!

And Tiger Lilly has been adopted!

Three kittens left, Andy Andromeda, Ollie Oleander and Peach Blossom.

And I have committed to take in 3 kittens just trapped. They look like 6 week olds. Waiting for Marigold to be picked up as well as Honeysuckle, before taking in the new trio.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.