Morgan Le Fay Cat Rescue - Vampire Cats. The legend lives on.

Glover said:

my friend Debby is interested in adopting. Her number is  908.455.1989

I called and left a message.

Torties are so much fun!!! 

Elle_Cee said:

Torties are so much fun!!! 

I have 2 up for adoption and I had one this summer. I am crazy about them. She is quite tiny, only about 10 weeks old. But she challenged one of the bigger males. She appeared to stand on her tip toes than crossed her front paws and struck a pose.

Why did I open this thread??!!  excaim 

We have one amazing tuxedo that we adopted last year as a kitten through the wonderful Liz Q. She's now about 15 months old. Our other rescue, a much older kitty, crossed the bridge a few months ago and we are wondering if Samus needs a little friend. Sami is super friendly and loving, and we'd want a kitten who can hold her own and engage with her. Or maybe I'm just crazy and we should be a one-cat family for awhile! 

deborahg said:

Why did I open this thread??!!  excaim 

We have one amazing tuxedo that we adopted last year as a kitten through the wonderful Liz Q. She's now about 15 months old. Our other rescue, a much older kitty, crossed the bridge a few months ago and we are wondering if Samus needs a little friend. Sami is super friendly and loving, and we'd want a kitten who can hold her own and engage with her. Or maybe I'm just crazy and we should be a one-cat family for awhile! 

Sami is adorable.  Give it some thought. Any advice that I give could easily be construed as crazy as well. My advice. Feed the crazy.

Keeping an eye out for kittens..especially orange or smoky gray ones! OK or calico...or tux...or....

I prefer kittens that are being fostered so we can get a sense of their personality. Bashful probably won't work around here. 

deborahg said:

Keeping an eye out for kittens..especially orange or smoky gray ones! OK or calico...or tux...or....

I prefer kittens that are being fostered so we can get a sense of their personality. Bashful probably won't work around here. 

I'll post if I find any. Right now we are breathing a sigh of relief that the extended kittens season is quieting down. This gives us all a chance to find homes for the teens and young adults. My friend Dana has been taking some very nice cats from Associated Humane to Petsmart on Sundays. Yesterday her plan was to take seniors. But if you are patient, spring will come and the kittens will start falling from the sky. I'm dedicating my rescue work to pulling from AHS. A few at a time. Right now about a 13 towns contract with them and they simply have no space for all of the cats and dogs that come in. Unfortunately there are so few shelters. 22 towns in Essex County have only 6 shelters. Newark, East Orange, Montclair, Bloomfield, West Orange and Livingston which is not currently in compliance. Except for Newark they are very small. My New Year's wish is that more towns will open shelters.

Hermione just gets cuter and more loveable. She is sharing her foster room (my art studio so I'd like to get them a home so I can start preparing for the artist tour.) She fits in the studio, as she does appear to be spattered with red and gold. Very loveable and full of curiosity. She is up to any game her bigger kitty roommate Romeo can play.

Romeo just can't stop giving kisses. He loves to jump on your lap and begin kissing you. If you are to busy for his attention he focuses on his kitten roommate Hermione. He is already neutered, tested and has his age appropriate shots. He is a small and cuddley cat about 6 pounds and I doubt he will get much bigger and all of that is filled with his loving heart.

Hermione has been ADOPTED, to a wonderful local family!

Hoping to find a home for Romeo, who just wants to hop on your lap and give you kisses!

Wicked cute Katrina, who came to my rescue wearing a crop top t-shirt is now going topless. Not sure if that is appropriate for MOL. I'll check with Jamie.

Everybody's an art critic. Sisters Mave and Nimue are the most colorful models in my art studio. Or did they just get spattered with paint?

Romeo Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo.

It is the east and Juliet is the sun.

Good night, good night, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Romeo has been adopted!

Merry is 6 months and 6 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal! Python markings gorgeous eyes and all that jazz. He is an active player and a smooth cuddler. With Valentine's Day around the corner, who needs Match.com. Loves cats, kids and grown ups.

Neutered, vaccinated and perfect litter box manners.

Mave & Nimue found a wonderful home together!

YAY!  Lucky folks and cats!!!  Thank you for making sure Maeve and Nimue have a home!!!

Elle_Cee said:

YAY!  Lucky folks and cats!!!  Thank you for making sure Maeve and Nimue have a home!!!

Still need to find a wonderful home for little Merry. He is so sweet. He is heartbreakingly cute. Huge eyes and the fact that he might have died if I hadn't rushed him to the hospital makes him all the more precious. He has had to endure about 5 weeks of quarantine and he seems to be extra loving as a result of the ordeal. As if he knows how lucky he is. I have a feeling that I pulled him from the shelter just in time. One of the sweetest boys I've had in rescue. 

Thank You Dr. Morkos of Valley Veterinary Hospital for adopting Katrina! While I was flooded with adoption applications, some from out of state, very few understood the complexity of her polyp, the tests or the surgeries and their cost. While she was seen a few times by Dr. Stack, (who also kept remarking how sweet and how cute she was) Dr. Morkos had not seen her yet. I did speak to him often about my concern that some well meaning adopter would find themselves in a difficult financial situation or might miss the signs of a change in the polyp or not notice if it grew back. He was interested in seeing her and when I warned him that he was at the top of my adoption list and took her out of the carrier, I think her big blue eyes won him over. So now Katrina not only has a family to love her, she has a vet on call 24/7!

Happy Valentine's Day from Merry.

Wonderful news about Katrina!  Bravo, Dr. Morkos!  Merry is so adorable -- hope he finds a home soon. 

Elle_Cee said:

Wonderful news about Katrina!  Bravo, Dr. Morkos!  Merry is so adorable -- hope he finds a home soon. 

Me too. He is one of the most adorable cats that I have had in rescue. Happy to hop on your lap and cuddle, as happy to run chase and play with other kitties or by himself. Maybe the best way to describe him using a classic word, is Groovy!

Merry has been adopted! He is now a member of a wonderful SOMA family!

Does anyone live in Orange who could take a trapped cat to People for Animals? Or set a trap in the AM.

As South Orange and Maplewood have St. Hubert's and PFA as their ACOs and sponsors, I'm trying to help our under resourced friends and neighbors in Orange.

In one colony that I know of 50% of the kittens die. I'm anxious to TNVR the colony as there are at least 4 breeding females and several males reproducing 3 times a year.

Any help with trapping transport recovery spay certificates would be welcome. This is an 85 year old caretaker with no one to help.

The pictures are of 2 kittens I just picked up there and one has been to the vet and has paralyzed back legs. He's soon to go to an orthopedic vet but this is what indiscriminate breeding leads to.

This is a rare opportunity with a cooperative caretaker.

Trapped a beautiful tortie kitten, a few months old. Getting spayed and vaccinated now. Pictures to follow. Hoping to find an adopter so she doesn't have to be returned to the colony. I'm so optimistic that I'm not doing the ear tip.  I'll get to know her as she recovers and hopefully she is friendly. Getting her tested so paws crossed that she is negative. She is related to last years Ruby Tuesday and Strawberry Field.

Trapping again tomorrow AM then again next Monday.

Orange has no shelter so they use Associated Humane which has every cage filled. If anyone wants to donate a spay or help with trapping or transport, even pick up that would be great.

Virginia, you're amazing.  I regret that I can only offer monetary support.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.