MOL updates - please report issues here.

dave said:

FilmCarp said:

This is not a technical issue, but I'd love to see a weather thread for Max and Wxnut where I could see their posts without having to read all the other fluff.

Solution 1: bookmark these urls in your browser:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/profile/discussions/u/WxNut2.0

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/profile/discussions/u/max_weisenfeld

Solution 2:  bookmark particular threads by using the system's built-in bookmark feature (see attached image.... the icon within the red area).  Then view your bookmarks by going to the bookmarks link in your profile's dropdown menu at top right of page. 

I think filmcarp is asking to be able to not see the fluffy posts people like me tend to post in the weather threads, since I don't have anything useful to contribute there.

Wanna hear about my dry socket?

Sure, but start a dry socket thread.

You should have a Personal Health category.  I think we could have some exciting threads there.

Hi Jamie, 

I’ve just realised we can’t ‘like’ a thread on the front page any more. That’s a bit of a pity - I wanted to like the IWD thread.

(IWD is next Monday even though this event has passed)

It was hardly ever used.  We can fit more threads in view without it.  It’s still available on comments.  

jamie,

I just have a question. I'm up at various hours through the early morning, and have noticed that MOL performance slows down to a crawl sometimes. e.g. It took a more than a minute to refresh the forums page just now.

I was wondering if you throttle down system resources on your server to save hosting costs overnight. Or perhaps system backups are running? Or something.

Just curious.

drummerboy said:

jamie,

I just have a question. I'm up at various hours through the early morning, and have noticed that MOL performance slows down to a crawl sometimes. e.g. It took a more than a minute to refresh the forums page just now.

I was wondering if you throttle down system resources on your server to save hosting costs overnight. Or perhaps system backups are running? Or something.

Just curious.

I have reported the same problem to this thread.  Jamie's response at the time was that he could not duplicate the loading issue.  It still happens from time to time in the early morning.  Sometimes I can't get into the site at all.  Other times I can't navigate from one thread to another.   Chrome, FIOS, Windows 10, laptop. 

Odd that he can't reproduce it because it happens very consistently with me. Since it only occurs in the early morning it's probably not due to my local setup.

ETA: By early morning i mean from about 3am to 6am. Seems to clear up after 6 am or so.

yeah - we may have a little issue in the 3-5am range.  There's a search indexing function that we haven't optimized yet.

ridski said:

I somehow got logged out of MOL on my ipad, and now I can't seem to log in no matter what. I tried to go through the forgot password link to change it, and it said it didn't recognize my username. 

I’m having this issue again trying to login on a new laptop.

jamie said:

yeah - we may have a little issue in the 3-5am range.  There's a search indexing function that we haven't optimized yet.

The issue extends a bit past 6 am. 

ok thanks - we'll try to monitor this and see what we can optimize.

Maybe run the search indexing weekly rather than daily.

I think that's a good idea - people probably mainly search for posts more than a week old.  I'll look into running it Saturday at 3am.

I think I got the early morning lag fixed a bit.  Still hope to tweak a few more things to speed things up overall a little.

Since I was welcomed back, MOL thinks I need to sign in each and every time on my Iphone. There is a box to check which says “do not remember me”. Nothing to indicate save.

You don't want to check that box to have your login saved.  That checkbox would mostly be used if you're on a computer that you don't want your login info saved on.  So, leave it unchecked.

The only other reason why login info isn't saving might be in you're in a private or incognito window.

jamie said:

You don't want to check that box to have your login saved.  That checkbox would mostly be used if you're on a computer that you don't want your login info saved on.  So, leave it unchecked.

The only other reason why login info isn't saving might be in you're in a private or incognito window.

How would I have gotten into one? How do I get out? I am on the Ipad more often.

joan_crystal said:

What browser do you use?

mtierney and I already went through this issue in some detail a while back.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/iphone-issues?page=next&limit=0#discussion-replies-3532099

You're "not secure" this morning, with a warning about that before continuing on to the site.

invalid certificate warnings on Firefox and chrome 

ril said:

invalid certificate warnings on Firefox and chrome 

Thanks for the heads up - this should be fine now, let me know if you're still having issues,

jamie said:

Thanks for the heads up - this should be fine now, let me know if you're still having issues,

Yes, all good now!

Jamie, I tried all the suggestion re my having to sign in every time when using my iphone only. The solution seems so simple, but its execution so difficult.

I shall persevere.

The loading issue during the 6 am hour seems to have been resolved.  Thank you for the fix.

Hi Jamie

This morning when I woke up  and visited here, my iPad keyboard had mysteriously flipped to phone size and covers up the Reply button. I never use my phone for reading MOL so this weird. I did an iOS update but was online and here several times afterward.  It’s weird and hard to use. 
mhm not restricted to MOL. Sigh. Sorry

ETA:  fixed it. Sorry for disturbing you for something so trivial. 

I see we're having image loading issues - looks like it's not point to the right SSL certificate.  We hope to resolve this soon.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.