MOL updates - please report issues here.

To embed a tweet:

In the upper right corner of the tweet, there's a a down-arrow (sort of). If you click on that you get a list of possible actions to take. One of the choices is "Embed Tweet". Clicking on that opens a new page which generates the html and copies it to your clipboard. You then paste it into MOL.

Sometimes the embed html works, sometimes it doesn't.

jamie said:

February seemed a bit slow in the main space 

I tried very hard. National Days are underrated. 

jamie said:

ridski said:

Have you removed the split for the Politics subforums?

yes - trying it out.  
grin
  I should create a poll module to see what the consensus is of keeping them separate,  

I have to say that I definitely prefer them to be separate.

Klinker said:

jamie said:

ridski said:

Have you removed the split for the Politics subforums?

yes - trying it out.  
grin
  I should create a poll module to see what the consensus is of keeping them separate,  

I have to say that I definitely prefer them to be separate.

Yeah. Me too. At first I found it annoying, but now I think it works better if separated. 

I would also favor separate sub-forums if it weren't for the fact that some threads in the politics section extend beyond politics to social and economic issues of broader interest to more of us.  

Hi, Jamie:  Not an issue (lucky you!)  Just a question from a technically disabled, recently returned, (but long-time) poster:

Have been posting recently on the Word Association/Music thread.  I forget how to "embed"? a youtube video so that the video itself shows up and not just the URL.  Seems to work fine with the URL, but I'd like to add the pic as well.

If you could enlighten me, whenever you get a chance, would be much appreciated.  Thanky!

Click on the play button icon which is to the left of the emoji one and paste the link in there.

In the past, copying a link from your browser was more text-based - which was easier to convert.  But now it seems that copying an url includes the link code as well, which is hard to override.

jamie said:

Click on the play button icon which is to the left of the emoji one and paste the link in there.

In the past, copying a link from your browser was more text-based - which was easier to convert.  But now it seems that copying an url includes the link code as well, which is hard to override.

Well, THAT was easy!  Thanks so much!

This is interesting. Every post below drummerboy’s has changed font.

sometimes when you copy code - in this case from a tweet.  Some of the html tags don't close properly and can affect the code below it.

jamie said:

sometimes when you copy code - in this case from a tweet.  Some of the html tags don't close properly and can affect the code below it.

TBH I knew what the problem was, but only you can fix it, so I brought it here

Thanks - I will bring it up to my guys. grin

Pictures on the International Women's Day thread didn't attach.

"Search" doesn't seem to be working.  When I got a "no records" response to something I thought would be there, I tried some common words and also came up with nothing.

If you're having the "search staff" work from home, I can understand why there's a glitch.

nohero said:

"Search" doesn't seem to be working.  When I got a "no records" response to something I thought would be there, I tried some common words and also came up with nothing.

If you're having the "search staff" work from home, I can understand why there's a glitch.

Thanks for the heads up - search is back up.

Probably asked many times but as a senior senior I need to enlarge the comments. When I use control and scroll to make them bigger ends of comments fall off the page or disappear I think. Anything I can do besides taking out the old magnifying glass?

Try setting your zoom setting before you enter the page you want to read.  This should help.

The past several days, I've had problems with the Search function.  I've tried basic searches several different times and changed the parameters each time and the answer is always nothing found.  These are searches for words, phrases, threads that I know are there.

yahooyahoo said:

The past several days, I've had problems with the Search function.  I've tried basic searches several different times and changed the parameters each time and the answer is always nothing found.  These are searches for words, phrases, threads that I know are there.

Please give me an example of a word or phrase that isn't working for you.  Search was restarted yesterday at 10:48am and should be working ever since.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/search/advanced

ridski said:

This is interesting. Every post below drummerboy’s has changed font.

This should be fixed.  Please let me know if you see this occurrence again.

rhw said:

Probably asked many times but as a senior senior I need to enlarge the comments. When I use control and scroll to make them bigger ends of comments fall off the page or disappear I think. Anything I can do besides taking out the old magnifying glass?

What device/browser are you using?  PC/Mac? IPad? If a computer - what browser - Chrome, IE Firefox?

I think I see the issue you're describing on mobile (Iphone) on these you can always stretch the screen a bit.  Browsers on computers seem to work better regarding this issue.

Using a computer (laptop). Chrome browser. And how do you adjust "zoom".

Wow I figured out the zoom thing. Thanks Joan!

Hi, Jamie: Hope you're faring well in this crazy situation!

Question:  When I look at the list of posts in the forum thread, I see my avatar.  But when I look in my account, there's no image there.  Does that mean no one else is seeing it either?
Should I add a new one, or am I just worrying about nothing?  LMK

Oh, how I miss the Underground Concert Series!  Do you ever think about reviving it?  (Because, maybe you just don't have enough to do already??? )  I appreciate that you introduced me to so many artists I wasn"t aware of.  Did I ever tell you about how I saw Stephane Wrembel in Oakland, CA about 4 years ago -- totally by chance?!?!

Juniemoon said:

Hi, Jamie: Hope you're faring well in this crazy situation!

Question:  When I look at the list of posts in the forum thread, I see my avatar.  But when I look in my account, there's no image there.  Does that mean no one else is seeing it either?
Should I add a new one, or am I just worrying about nothing?  LMK

Oh, how I miss the Underground Concert Series!  Do you ever think about reviving it?  (Because, maybe you just don't have enough to do already??? )  I appreciate that you introduced me to so many artists I wasn"t aware of.  Did I ever tell you about how I saw Stephane Wrembel in Oakland, CA about 4 years ago -- totally by chance?!?!

We can see your avatar no problem.  If you re-upload it - then it might show properly here:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/profile/avatar

There is a glitch with some uploads that were uploaded from awhile back.  The only place I've seen some avatars not showing is when I get a browser notifications.  We are trying to figure it out.

I miss the Underground also.  Not sure if it will be revived.  When the Woodland started - all events were encouraged to take place there or the Burgdorff.  So, it was hard to hold anything in the library.  The library space had a special feel that we can't recreate as easily in the other spaces, we were really able to transform that room.  Also, when ArtsMaplewood was disbanded - we lost our status of not being under the non-profit umbrella that ArtsMaplewood provided.  So, when I requested to hold more shows - I was told that I needed to have non-profit status level in order to do so.   My series was non-profit on it's own.  grin  

Hey Jamie,

When I click on someone's name in a thread to see their profile page with date joined, discussions/comments, etc., no matter who I click on, they all seem to take me to the discussions/comments of beppolina.

ridski said:

Hey Jamie,

When I click on someone's name in a thread to see their profile page with date joined, discussions/comments, etc., no matter who I click on, they all seem to take me to the discussions/comments of beppolina.

Thanks for the heads up - this is fixed.

jamie said:

Thanks for the heads up - this is fixed.

Cool. Thanks!

Search appears to be down.

Sorry! internal error occurred.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.