MOL- In Search Of

Looking for anyone who has Euro currency (bills or coins) left over from a trip that you'd like to exchange for dollars at the current rate (recently $1.16 per euro.)  I need some upfront cash upon arrival on a trip leaving late next week and am hoping to avoid the bank markup if possible. 

sac said:
Looking for anyone who has Euro currency (bills or coins) left over from a trip that you'd like to exchange for dollars at the current rate (recently $1.16 per euro.)  I need some upfront cash upon arrival on a trip leaving late next week and am hoping to avoid the bank markup if possible. 

Are airport ATM’s in Europe expensive? When I’ve travelled I’ve found the ATM’s rate better than the bank or Forex Bureau even with the $5 transaction fee Chase charges. 

In search of any black lights to borrow or purchase (for tween blacklight party).

ElizMcCord said:

sac said:
Are airport ATM’s in Europe expensive? When I’ve travelled I’ve found the ATM’s rate better than the bank or Forex Bureau even with the $5 transaction fee Chase charges. 

I think that ATMs away from the airport are usually better, but any ATMs are better than those exchange places.  But exchanges with actual people who want to convert in the opposite direction are even better if they work out.

Luckily we found people who had euros they wanted to unload so we are now set.

Thanks all!

ISO a simple bar stool that is 26-30-ish inches high for cheap or free.  Anyone have one they aren't using?  I don't mind a little clean-up.

Does any one have a stove top pressure cooker they no longer use?  We're looking for one to cook meals in, not the huge ones you use for canning.  Thanks!

ISO child booster seat for tall 5 yr old.   Carried ours on vacation and forgot to bring it back. Thanks. 

ISO a gently used ping pong table. I keep missing them on Swap. Willing to pay fair price. Can pick up locally. Trying to upload a pic and it's not working for me. 

Looking for children's ice skates for my son and daughter.  Big Kid sizes 6 and 4.  I think this also converts to women's sizes 8 and 6.  Thanks!

I have these boys adjustable ice skates I've been meaning to get rid of that fit kid sizes 5-7 (so would adjust to the size 6):

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LVMRYJQ/ref=dp_prsubs_1?th=1&psc=1

One of the buckles is a bit finicky to unbuckle, but otherwise should be OK. PM me if you want to pick up.

@sprout

That's wonderful!  PMing you

In search of a headboard for a full-size bed, that doesn't have slats/bars with open spaces between them.  (Kiddo thinks slats/bars are uncomfortable when sitting to read in bed).

I'm looking for several working flourescent light fixtures to brighten up a basement.  Would prefer 4 foot fixtures using 2 or 4 bulbs but will probably take what I can get.  Anyone convert to LED recently?

sprout said:
In search of a headboard for a full-size bed, that doesn't have slats/bars with open spaces between them.  (Kiddo thinks slats/bars are uncomfortable when sitting to read in bed).

@jamie

Edit button issues:

I don't see an edit button for this comment I added 2 weeks ago (I was going to remove the request since we're all set). However, I do see the edit button below a post I added to a different thread today.

ETA: And I was able to edit this post.  (Still don't see edit button for my 2-week-old post above)

hi,

I’m ISO a small bookcase.  30” wide good- 36” gooder.  2 or 3 shelves.  material don’t matter(though wood preferred).  Color doesn’t matter a little paint will make perfect.

Please PM.   THANKS

Red_Barchetta said:
I'm looking for several working flourescent light fixtures to brighten up a basement.  Would prefer 4 foot fixtures using 2 or 4 bulbs but will probably take what I can get.  Anyone convert to LED recently?

I have several, which I used when I grew orchids under lights in the basement.  Most are 4 tube.  How many would you like?

I will even deliver within MSO.  You can text me at 973-495-4863.

tomcat said:
I have several, which I used when I grew orchids under lights in the basement.  Most are 4 tube.  How many would you like?
I will even deliver within MSO.  You can text me at 973-495-4863.

Thanks for writing and offering but I no longer have a use for them.

I'm looking for a CD player to hook up to a component system.  (I know, this all sounds very old school, and it is.)  A DVD/CD player combo would also work, since they usually have the same RCA output jacks. 

In search of the "Conspiracy" thread.... that I think became a "Thread Closed" thread.... and now may have actually disappeared?

sprout said:
In search of the "Conspiracy" thread.... that I think became a "Thread Closed" thread.... and now may have actually disappeared?

Check here under subforums

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/subforum/trump-collusion-subforum

Don't see it there....

sprout said:
Don't see it there....

Check the archived threads to see if it was closed. Or start a new one! I tried to start a thread under Soapbox All Politics just now but it popped up under Soapbox as that category was moved. Didn't mean to post on the main page but that's where it is, in case you decide to start a new thread.

Oh well. Not sure how to find archived threads.

Since the conspiracy theory thread appears to have gone *poof*, I'll just link to today's XKCD conspiracy comic strip here (in case anyone else was in search of that thread), and leave it at that.

https://xkcd.com/2156/

Anyone have a guinea pig cage they are no longer using?  My daughter is interested in having one (or two) as pets. Also appreciate any advice about pros & cons. 

Two is better than one but make sure they are two boys or two girls. Granddaughter has two. She gets a lot of mileage out of them. 

Last week, there was upset in the cage because her mother bought "inferior" hay for the bottom. She had to go back to the pet store and get proper hay. No, I don't know the difference between good and bad hay.

RichardR said:
Anyone have a guinea pig cage they are no longer using?  My daughter is interested in having one (or two) as pets. Also appreciate any advice about pros & cons. 

Would she be interested in a bunny instead? We have a rescued one that we need to re-home...

Thanks, blianderson, but she already has her eye on two guinea pigs at St Hubert's, so it would certainly take a lot of convincing to get her to change her mind.   And who knew that there was a wrong kind of hay. And that guinea pigs were so fussy about it!

Maybe it was straw vs. hay?  Hay is nutritious, straw not so much but can be used for bedding.

Big difference for feral cats as well. Straw is good bedding but hay becomes soggy. So perhaps it depends on whether it was meant for snaking or sleeping.

I will ask the owner if she has more information.

---says her "pigs" (as she calls them) prefer Kaytee brand, alfalfa and orchard grass blend.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.