Memorial Day Parade 2017

Thought I'd start a new thread since the other is last year's.  Here's some info in regards to this years parade:

Contact person is:  Frank Warzocha VFW commander    Email: chulaia4@gmail.com

Parade gets underway at 9 am in the parking lot by Gleason's cleaners on West Parker. Usually takes around 45 minutes to reach the town hall where the ceremonies will begin and should be over by 1100 o'clock. Any groups marching should be there no later than 8:45.  

Given the possibility of rain Monday morning, when and how will we be notified if the parade is canceled due to poor weather conditions?  What plans have been made to hold the ceremony indoors if parade is canceled?  (last year was 10:00 am inside town hall)

joan_crystal said:

Given the possibility of rain Monday morning, when and how will we be notified if the parade is canceled due to poor weather conditions?  What plans have been made to hold the ceremony indoors if parade is canceled?  (last year was 10:00 am inside town hall)

Joan I'll let everyone know by 0730 if it's cancelled,right now it may be a little damp in the morning hours so bring an umbrella just in case. 

Thanks Frank!  See you at the lot.

@FrankWarzocha - Will you post here if any cancellation or other plan change?  

And please don't decide to cancel the night before.  Last year the weather turned out to be fine, but it was already cancelled, which was disappointing.  Just publicize HOW and WHEN a cancellation will be communicated.  (I think you said 7:30am above ... )

Yes I'll post it here on Monday at 730 if it's a go or no go.

If you do decide to cancel.  Please post information about the time and location for the ceremony.

As much as we missed the parade last year, my husband and I thought the indoor ceremony was the most moving we have attended.  It was much more intimate.  Plus, for the first time we could actually hear.  

Mr. Warzocha - Please remind the speakers to speak slowly and clearly into the microphone.  The sound system is not very powerful.

Is it possible to post the order of march sometime today so groups will have some idea of where to line up tomorrow?

joan_crystal said:

Is it possible to post the order of march sometime today so groups will have some idea of where to line up tomorrow?

And, if at all possible, please put the youth groups near the front as in the past.  The kids love to get to the end and still get to see most of the rest of the parade go by and it helps with their impatience in the gathering area at the beginning also.

Thank you to everyone who organized and marched.  I was especially impressed by everyone who stood in the rain for the ceremony.  I love this town!

Special thanks to Maplewood Memorial Post 10120 for all the work that went into organizing the parade this year and for agreeing to hold it even with the threat of rain.  Walking the parade route, it was nice to see so many persons, umbrellas held high, who turned out to watch.  The crowd at Town Hall was the largest I have seen in years.  Thanks to all who turned out for the ceremony to honor our fallen.

Thank you for posting these Jamie!

Even though the day was cloudy the pictures are perfect.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.