Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

And now they are falling apart.  I thought we had a laugher.  All these errors...

DanDietrich said:

And now they are falling apart.  I thought we had a laugher.  All these errors...

Three-game suspension. Hit the showers. 

wow was that almost an epic disaster. 

Despite losing the nightcap, we picked up a half game yesterday on both Philly and Atlanta. Outside of that 16-2 August run against mostly terrible teams, the Braves have been pretty mediocre this season. So who knows at this point? The division is there for any of the top three to take it. 

Did they ever give a reason for sitting Lindor and Baez in the 2nd game of the doubleheader? I don't think now is the time to decide to give Guillorme some playing time. 

They are human, they need a break every now and then. 

They just had an off day on Thursday. Take a day off now and they'll have plenty of time off at the end of the month. 

So are they going to go back to 2019 where Loup and Lugo get used every game and Diaz sits on the bench? 

If Loup or Lugo could get a hit with a man on third I'd say put them in.  It's a bummer that Diaz coughed it up, but the Mets should have scored 5 more in that game.  But that's why they are not a playoff team.

Could say the same about the Nats. They had 2nd and 3rd and no outs and didn't score one inning. You get it to the closer he has to close it out and that's two games in a row he has blown it. His ERA is almost 4. That's not good enough for a closer.

Watching the game. Manager Rojas did a Smartwater commercial, citing how staying hydrated helps him perform. Seemed odd that a water company would have a manager as a spokesman, especially when many of his players have mentioned how difficult it is to comply with hydration routines.

Familia looked great tonight.  I'm not a big fan of his, but he kept his composure after the error and picked up a DP.  

So do they sign Familia for next year? And who's the closer next year? Hand? Syndergaard? Familia? Diaz? Lugo? I have lost any hope for this year.

So did Sandy just get signed for two more years to do the job he did so poorly over the last year that he ended up having to be the GM?

My thinking about pitchers is that you sign them all because you end up needing them all. My feeling about closers is that they should score some more runs.

Nothing frustrates me more in baseball than the inability to score a run from 3rd with less than 2 outs. Mets don’t deserve to win these games. 

I can't figure out why he didn't use one of the 3 lefties he had on the bench instead of JD Davis. He had just said the day before he didn't want to use JD Davis against the same pitcher. They're not a playoff team. 

jfinnegan said:

I can't figure out why he didn't use one of the 3 lefties he had on the bench instead of JD Davis. He had just said the day before he didn't want to use JD Davis against the same pitcher. They're not a playoff team. 

Gary has been doing a nice job pointing out inconsistencies between games.

Why did he leave McCann in to hit as well? I never thought I would prefer seeing Mazeika hitting over another player on the team. I liked when Gary ripped him for not knowing his limitations.

Nice touch, Mets...first time in franchise history wearing home whites with "New York" on the front.

Last night the Mets players named Maplewood’s own Harrison Friedland, Player of the Game for his replay review of the Gary Sanchez tag.  You go, Harrison!

jeffl said:

Last night the Mets players named Maplewood’s own Harrison Friedland, Player of the Game for his replay review of the Gary Sanchez "tag".  You go, Harrison!

Fixed that for you

I'm bummed the Mets lost, but holy cow those have to be the worst broadcasters I have ever heard.  Just terrible.  

OK. Baez. Pretty sweet just now.

I’ll readily admit my skepticism, which is on record. He has definitely been more of an asset than a liability. A bit reckless, but the bad has seemed to come in smaller spots than the good, which has been clutch.

My fear is that he’s another Cespedes, tailoring his game to the now for the contract. Wish he was one of those guys who preferred one-year deals.

Per Gary Cohen, Mets last 9 losses have all been by 1 run, the longest such streak in Major League history.

Train_of_Thought said:

Per Gary Cohen, Mets last 9 losses have all been by 1 run, the longest such streak in Major League history.

Wait, that can't be right...they lost on Monday 7-0. So what did I (mis)hear Gary say?

Train_of_Thought said:

Train_of_Thought said:

Wait, that can't be right...they lost on Monday 7-0. So what did I (mis)hear Gary say?

they have lost their last 9 games that were decided by one run.

Train_of_Thought said:

Ahhh, okay. Thx.

it's pretty hard to do.

Explains why every game seems like Groundhog Day 

So Rojas thinks they still have a shot 5 games out with 15 games to play and they can't beat any teams that are slightly better than mediocre? I know he has to give that answer, but why bother even asking the question. Why do they even bother having press conferences with him? I never thought I would miss Terry Collins, but now I do after dealing with Mickey and Luis. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.