Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Mazeika! 2 walk-off fielder’s choices??!!!

Probably a game winning strikeout.

That was a fun ninth. The Pillar almost-dinger was disheartening but then they won it the old-fashioned way. Smart hitting and good baserunning. 

bub said:

Huh? He made contact. Quibble with an earlier call?

Talking about McCann merely striking out instead of hitting into another DP.

bub said:

Talking about McCann merely striking out instead of hitting into another DP.

Ah. Gotcha. Was focused on the positive. On that note, the pitchers seem to like throwing to him. Hopefully the bat comes around!

Understood, btw. It is really hard to be a Mets fan, most of the time!

bub said:

I never rooted more for a Met to strike out. 

Matt Harvey scorched by the Mets today.  Pity. 

I'm glad they finally had an easy win, but I've never been out to get Harvey.  

jeffl said:

Matt Harvey scorched by the Mets today.  Pity. 

it was a weird game for him. We were at the game today and only a few of the hits were really well-struck. But everything the Mets hit seemed to find grass. It's what can happen to a guy who's pitching to contact. 

Peterson looks like he is pitching himself out of the major leagues.

FilmCarp said:

Peterson looks like he is pitching himself out of the major leagues.

Okay, I better walk this back.  He turned it around nicely.  

Maybe it’s not so ridiculous to move the mound back a foot…

Almost stole one. Oh well…

Still not hitting.  The pen should not have to be perfect.  

I hope Pillar is ok. They have to start suspending pitchers if they hit guys above the shoulder, even if it's unintentional. 

He has multiple fractures in the shnozz (no jokes, Pillar is actually Jewish).  Don't know how long it takes to heal.

I'm surprised he doesn't have a concussion. I think he'll be out a while. 

The injury situation is pretty wild.  On a lighter note, everyone, including the booth guys and their own teammates, keeps mixing up Villar and Pillar. Walker said Villar last night when he was being asked about Pillar.  

Hunter's excitement on his first career single was fun to watch. Nice win last night. Peterson has to go at least 6 innings today. 

That was a disappointing game.  The backups and retreads are not the problem.  They needed Peterson to go deep and he failed.  McCann needed to hit a fly ball, nothing else, and he failed.  Loup failed.  Leading this division is like being the reform school valedictorian.

Some of the backups are the problem, but McCann has been a huge disappointment. Lindor's struggles let him fly under the radar for a while. They need a couple of outfielders to come back. I can't complain about Loup. He has been solid. If you told me going into the series that they were going to win 2 out of 3 I would have taken it. 

And my pal Familia seems to let every inherited runner score.  His line looks good because it gets charged to the guy before him.  I don't mind the fill in guys failing.  Thats why they are fill ins.  I hope Khalil Lee isn't scarred for life by his start.  

maybe Frank and Ronnie should start working out.  Looks like maybe the Mets could use them over the next week or so.

I'm going to be sacrilegious here.  I don't care how incredible DeGrom is, he's only good if he can stay in the be rotation.  I'll take 5 strikeouts and 2 runs in 6 innings if he can do it every 5 days.  It's why I

FilmCarp said:

I'm going to be sacrilegious here.  I don't care how incredible DeGrom is, he's only good if he can stay in the be rotation.  I'll take 5 strikeouts and 2 runs in 6 innings if he can do it every 5 days.  It's why I

Nah, I’m OK with getting him right.

You don’t get an above-average  pitcher if he’s not right. You get another injury.

Bad uniforms on these Marlins!

jimmurphy said:

FilmCarp said:

Nah, I’m OK with getting him right.

You don’t get an above-average  pitcher if he’s not right. You get another injury.

Bad uniforms on these Marlins!

That's not my point.  I'm not talking about pitching through pain.  I'm talking about coming back and pitching a little easier to keep from getting hurt.  I'll take above average every 5 days over excellent once per month.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.