Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

mrincredible said:

Doubleheader tomorrow.

Let's play two.

Soul_29 said:

Let's play two.

Better chance that deGrom can pitch the whole game. 

I assume someone is explaining to deGrom at this very moment that no, that was not just a happy dream, you're really awake, the Mets really won a game for you.

Lindor got the go ahead hit.  Maybe he can break the DeGrom curse.

Jay Bruce just announced his retirement.  I have to respect a guy who leaves about 1.3 million on the table because he doesn't think he is earning it.  I know he's made plenty of money, but still.  Good luck to him.

FilmCarp said:

Jay Bruce just announced his retirement.  I have to respect a guy who leaves about 1.3 million on the table because he doesn't think he is earning it.  I know he's made plenty of money, but still.  Good luck to him.

he got off to a terrible start when he joined the Mets, and didn't complain when he was benched.  He even said something to the effect that he deserved the benching.  That's a real professional attitude.

it is of course very early in the season, but it's good to see well-played baseball.  For once in a very long time, this team is showing some outstanding work in the field.  And good fielding doesn't go into slumps.

Today was great.  They need to start scoring, but Stroman is fun to watch, and actually throwing out a runner, how un met like!

A good fun game today.  

Even without hitting yet, Lindor has made a difference. The Mets haven't had a SS with his footwork and quick hands in a very long time. 

DeGrom is a freak.  Turning 33, has no meat on his bones, and right now is as dominant as a pitcher gets, plus hitting.  

I've said it before and it seems obvious but it's a crime that DeGrom doesn't have 100 career wins by now.

I saw Seaver and Gooden at their peaks. But this run that deGrom has been on since 2018 is the best I've ever seen for this extended a period of time. Not to mention that over that time he's gotten even better. 

Stroman on the mound and the announcers can't shut up about DeGrom.   

Please pardon a slight rant.  I have always told my son, a hockey player, not to complain about the refs.  Anyone can make a mistake, and usually the players make far more mistakes .  With that said, I think MLB umps have really gotten sloppy about the strike zone this year.  Not just against the Mets, but their opponents as well.  Very inconsistent.

I agree. Seems like the plate umps are missing a lot of low strikes in the games I've watched. 

Tonight they are giving the Sox pitcher high strikes, low strikes, and inside strikes.  

ml1 said:

ml1 said:

deGromhog Day

How many more games does Chili get? I heard a couple of games ago that they had scored 20 runs in 7 games, and that was before the last two games. 

58 at bats between the two teams, 30 strikeouts. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Train_of_Thought said:

58 at bats between the two teams, 30 strikeouts. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Boring baseball. 

Outlaw the shift so that hitters don't have to try to hit it over everybody. Hopefully they'll learn to cut down their swings and try to hit line drives again.

If I was DeGrom I would opt out after this season.  Someone will score runs for him.  Maybe the Yankees.

FilmCarp said:

If I was DeGrom I would opt out after this season.  Someone will score runs for him.  Maybe the Yankees.

All they do is strike out, too.

But that would be the most traumatic result for us Met fans.

FilmCarp said:

I agree with the opting out part.  Not the Yankees part.

yahooyahoo said:

I agree with the opting out part.  Not the Yankees part.

he has an opt out after 2022. That's a lot of time for the lineup to start scoring some runs. And if he gets  another Cy Young with only 10 wins, will he care about the run support enough to leave this situation in which he's excelling? 

And one of my favorite things in baseball right now is how Freddie Freeman gets laughs out of deGrom when he's pitching. But his focus is so intense he can lock back in and get the strikeout. 

Jacob deGrom paints a corner with 93 MPH changeup, laughs at Freddie Freeman.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.