Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

wharfrat

mrincredible said:

What the...?

Exciting game!

Last night's game-whose bullpen was going to blow-it big time.

Wondering out loud if this year's bullpen fiascos are going to result in deeper pitch counts/more innings from starting pitchers?

sbenois

I am still shaking my head over that blast from Davis.  

ml1

wharfrat said:

Exciting game!

Last night's game-whose bullpen was going to blow-it big time.

Wondering out loud if this year's bullpen fiascos are going to result in deeper pitch counts/more innings from starting pitchers?

I've got to believe deGrom and Syndergaard are going to be counted on for about 115 pitches this weekend. 

mrincredible

ml1 said:

I've got to believe deGrom and Syndergaard are going to be counted on for about 115 pitches this weekend. 

97 from Thor last night. But good for 7 innings.

ml1

mrincredible said:

97 from Thor last night. But good for 7 innings.

I think the tough first inning factored into not letting him throw more. I'm hoping deGrom can go longer today. Anything to minimize the bullpen contribution. 

Moammar

Two great games a row! Guillorme certainly came through at the right time, but I still wonder if he's a better option than Hechevarria was. 

The park was electric last night -- and after. People were chanting all the way through Penn Station. This morning, I am mildly hung over. Totally worth it.

mrincredible

In an alternate universe Jacob deGrim has a 3-0 lead.

FilmCarp

I have to admit I was wrong about the 80 year old pitching coach.  He appears to have gotten through to many of these guys.  I think Familia is hopeless, unable to change his approach.  But I do think Diaz can rebound eventually.

Train_of_Thought

Back on that horse. LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!

mfpark

McNeil to IL for at least two weeks.

Tejada to take his place.

Soul_29

mfpark said:

McNeil to IL for at least two weeks.

Tejada to take his place.

Tough loss, but next man up. 

#lfgm

Train_of_Thought

One to tie, two to break.

Soul_29

How come the player who just set the rookie NL record for home runs in a season isn't on this list? 

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-mlb-breakout-stars-of-2019-season

I am suspending Train of Thought for last night's game (off day) because of this!

bub

Soul_29 said:

How come the player who just set the rookie NL record for home runs in a season isn't on this list? 

I am suspending Train of Thought for last night's game (off day) because of this!

Reread it

Soul_29

bub said:

Soul_29 said:

Reread it

Yeah, I just did. 

Now Bub is suspended!

Signed,

The Commissioner cheese

bub

Im appealing (in both senses) and suing

mfpark

Soul_29 said:

But it does have a nice write up on Devers, who has really come into his own the last month or so!

Train_of_Thought

He treats me like I'm the Octavio Dotel of this thread. :-(

Robert_Casotto

Dotel had some great stuff.  Still does, evidently.

mrincredible

Oh well. We knew this was going to be one of the tougher matchups of the Cleveland series.

Wait what?

FilmCarp

Nice job.  Just keep winning.

mfpark

FilmCarp said:

Nice job.  Just keep winning.

So. Much. Winning!

jimmurphy

Lagares impressive with the glove tonight!

DaveSchmidt

Division finally living up to its billing.

mrincredible

Okay, hopefully Thor pitches seven or more tonight. I don't want to be greedy asking for a sweep, but why the heck not?

Soul_29

BUST OUT DA' BROOMS!

mrincredible

Hm.

20-16 gets them to 86 wins. Possible?

22-14?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.