- CHS presents Matilda The Musical has been rescheduled to June 10-11-12-13, 2021. Shows start promptly at 6:00pm on the summer outdoor stage in Floods Hill Park, 100 N Ridgewood Road (at Meadowbrook Place/Lane), in South Orange.
- Admission is FREE and open to the public, but donations are welcome to help offset production costs (via cash, checks payable to CHS/Musical, or venmo to: @CHS-Musical-07040).
- "Gates" will open at 5:00pm. Seating is general admission style, first-come first served, with some reserved seating for performers' families.
- Please bring a blanket or low-backed beach chair, no tents/canopies. Guests with taller chairs will be relocated to the sides or rear of the viewing area.
- Refreshment Stands staffed by our CHS Music Parents Association will sell individually-wrapped snacks and water. You may also bring your own picnic, but please tidy up afterwards.
We went last night and enjoyed it very much. It was so nice to see the students and adult volunteers/teachers finally seeing the delayed fruits of their labor and, as usual, a very high quality performance in a challenging situation.
Warning - the sun dips below the hill just before intermission and it was noticeably chillier after that. You will want a fleece sweater or jacekt or an extra blanket or similar! Also, we only saw 4 porta-potties, so plan accordingly.
We saw it tonight with our kids and had a great time! Maybe this can start a tradition -- CHS does their final show of the school year outdoors. Certainly more people were in attendance tonight than could fit in the auditorium.
RichardR said:We saw it tonight with our kids and had a great time! Maybe this can start a tradition -- CHS does their final show of the school year outdoors. Certainly more people were in attendance tonight than could fit in the auditorium.
As a parent of two CHS stage crew alumni who has seen many CHS shows as well as observing the work that goes into them, I suspect that there would be many complications associated with that. Not the least of those are final exams following on the heels of the AP exam period, but also the logistics of setting up outdoors which are very different from in the auditorium, with weather and other concerns to deal with.
I agree that it would be lovely for the audience, but I'm doubtful that it would be feasible to do every year. This was a very special effort ("above and beyond") from what I can tell. I would love to be wrong, though.
Kudos to all for doing it!
The auditorium holds 900-ish, reserved seating, predictable revenue and no threat of rain.
This is an anomaly--you won't see this staged outdoors again. Totally worth the visit tonight and/or tomorrow night. And please give generously, as the CHS Musical group (not financially supported by CHS/BOE) had to refund >$50k last year when Matilda was canceled. It's an amazing show and experience--must have taken an army and a lot of love to pull this off.
Lantern Light Pendant $150 More info
Set of 4: MD18 x 9 Hyper Silver Rims $490 More info
Paradigm bookshelf speakers $200 More info
Dining Room Furniture for Sale (Good Condition) $1,750 More info
Crystorama Chandelier $125 More info
White beadboard single trundle bed $0 More info
Air 1 Heating & Cooling
Info - Website - Contact
Bravo Custom Masonry
Phone: (201) 563-8849
County to County Landscape and Contractors
Maplewood Family Dental
Promote your business here - Businesses get highlighted throughout the site and you can add a deal.
Add a free listing for your business