Maplewoodstock 2020 canceled

Maplewoodstock 2020 canceled

After much discussion the Maplewoodstock Volunteer Committee as decided to cancel Maplewoodstock 2020.  We originally postponed from July to October, but now need to cancel the festival altogether.

We, of course, are very disappointed to share this news. The committee discussed many alternatives. However, as the health and safety of our community, bands, artists, vendors, partners, township employees and volunteers must be our top priority, we feel very strongly that this is the right direction.

We are reaching out to the community and our artists, bands, and vendors to share this news. We look forward to seeing everyone in 2021.

bummer

but I guess the right decision

any word on Django a gogo which was also postponed to oct 2020? 

I strongly suspect that all events with large groups of people will be cancelled through at least spring 2021.  

Untill there is an effective vaccine, and a majority of the population has been inocculated, it is simply not safe to have concerts, orchid or cat shows, face-to-face bridge games/tournaments, etc. etc. 

The correct decision.

Definitely the right decision.  Put it on the calendar for summer 2022.

That sucks but the right decision.

tomcat said:

I strongly suspect that all events with large groups of people will be cancelled through at least spring 2021.  

Untill there is an effective vaccine, and a majority of the population has been inocculated, it is simply not safe to have concerts, orchid or cat shows, face-to-face bridge games/tournaments, etc. etc. 

Oh noooooos. No cat shows?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.