Let's talk 2018 Oscars

The shorts usually play here in Milwaukee, a few days for the animated group and a few days for live, so I would have thought they would be "out there" somewhere in NY metro, since they seem to be available in some kind of distributable form? 

Here, they've been at the Oriental theater, which went under the company name Landmark.  I don't know whether Landmark is a regional/national thing, or just local.  Haven't seen an announcement yet this year, though.

Amazon Prime has short films from the Tribeca Film Festival.

Black Maria Film Festival is great if you want see some quality short film in the movies - their next showing is at Essex Green Cinema on Feb 11th at 2pm:

https://blackmariafilmfestival.org/page.php?content=content-TourSearch

I pretty much agree with this. Just saw it yesterday. I'm a big fan of both Lewis and PTA, but this was a miss. You can see the artistry in PTA's film-making and in Lewis's performance, but it was all for nought.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

saw Phantom Thread tonight and really wanted to like it. But...nope.  Those annoying pregnant pauses just wouldn't stop. The dialogue went nowhere.  The characters were so shallow. 

Daniel Day Lewis has a profound presence on the screen but this was a crap vehicle for him. 

Callin' 'em like I sees 'em. 

Completely uninformed opinion, having seen so Little this year, but I’ve gotta believe Gary Oldman wins as Churchill.  

jeffl said:

Completely uninformed opinion, having seen so Little this year, but I’ve gotta believe Gary Oldman wins as Churchill.  

For the makeup if nothing else....

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.