Inconsequential Chat

joanne said:

@marksierra, you’re very quiet, we hope all is well with you and mrs marksierra. Are you travelling?

Yes, we've been away from home for over a week now.

We spent a few days in Darwin, then flew to Adelaide for an overnight stop before flying on to Coober Pedy, where we've been for the last few days.  There's no direct service between Darwin and Coober Pedy, so the Adelaide trip was the only option, apart from flying ourselves. Sadly, my pilot's licence is not current at the moment, otherwise, it might have been a thought worth considering.

We're flying back to Adelaide tomorrow. We'll spend a few days there before returning home next week.

I would have loved to have driven to all the destinations on this trip, but we didn't have the time.

I've been diagnosed with a chronic fear of giants.

Feefiphobia.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.

My cat crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. This made me smile nonetheless. 

mtierney said:

My cat crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. This made me smile nonetheless. 

So sorry to hear that. You shared her picture once. She was beautiful. As a rescue I often keep the seniors, and I never get used to it when the time comes.

Hope she brought you lots of love.

Thanks for the kind words, Morganna. Since we got her from the JAC shelter in South Orange in 2007, she had been precious to us. 

mtierney said:

Thanks for the kind words, Morganna. Since we got her from the JAC shelter in South Orange in 2007, she had been precious to us. 

Here are my JAC cats where I volunteered for awhile before I started my own rescue. MacLir and Taliesin are brothers and Gwynn was my first JAC foster.

A book is the original hand-held device.

marksierra said:

You'll understand this list better if you say it aloud, half-swallowing your syllables cheese

The Aussie list isn't bad - often, such lists are quite outdated (sadly) however this one is still mostly used. cheese 

With Jewish New Year, here's wishing all my friends a happy, peaceful and joyous year ahead.

Dip the apple in honey for a sweet year to come.

Shana Tova.

I know we kid visitors about dropbears falling from gum trees, and occasionally we remember to warn them about the very real danger of startlingly dangerous swooping magpies (especially if you're walking or cycling near trees). 

I didn't realise that maggies in Tasmania apparently are 'chill'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-02/why-dont-tasmanian-magpies-swoop/11561036

so want to post this in Politics, but suspect many of our friends won't understand the relevance of timing of footy grand final seasons...

https://theunaustralian.net/2019/10/03/scomo-sends-trump-a-cronulla-sharks-2019-season-highlights-video-after-the-president-asks-him-for-a-downer/ 

joanne said:

smile
it's going to be a very very long dry summer in Adelaide...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-03/semaphore-woman-finds-one-metre-eastern-brown-snake-in-her-stove/11569976

I suspect the family and friends will be wary of asking her "What's cooking?"

I've found that I've been happier since I changed from coffee in the morning to orange juice.

My doctor explained that it's the vitamin C and natural sugars, but I really think it's the vodka.

So they say...

(Who is 'they'?)

"Gym", "Gin", who can hear the difference over this noisy old wind? 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!