Inconsequential Chat

A couple more on a seasonal theme ...

Meanwhile, as the last minute jobs are finished off in Santa's workshop...

Tech support at this address approves of that approach cheese

My home city of Melbourne reached 42C (107F) this week.  While temperatures in the high 30s (C) are not unusual, those above 40 are...

This morning on the Gold Coast, #8 was 3:30am not 7am. #20 is sooooo true!! oh oh

From the ABC (Australia) Radio Brisbane social media site.

Image credit:  David Boyd, taken at Mt Isa

Comment:  Not even sure where to begin with this photo.

Still on the ABC (Australia) Radio Brisbane site

Comment made on the 4th of January...

Australia was the hottest place on the planet today, with 15/15 of the hottest temperatures in the world in the last 24 hours recorded down under.

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

you realise you're stopping me from sleeping?? cheese oh oh

Sleep?  You can't sleep in January.  It's too hot!

Well that explains why it's 3:30am and I'm still awake. 

Sigh. 

I get up at 5:30am. 

I don't know which thread to put this in, so I'll post it here, instead...

Just so you know Fred's still killing it.

traveled to Melbourne and Sydney, and New Zealand in August, 3years ago, and we were in awe over how wonderful the weather was! “Frozen” was pure delight compared to August in the USA. Oddly, the region was not even on our bucket list, but, when an opportunity to travel half way around the globe came up, we couldn’t resist —the trip was one of our best!  The plane trip one of the worst, however. question 

This is my first visit to this thread.  “Too soon old, too late schmart!”

mtierney said:
This is my first visit to this thread.  “Too soon old, too late schmart!”

You're most welcome here, @mtierney.  There are 24-odd (some of them very odd) pages ahead of this one to peruse, if the whim takes you.

mtierney said:
traveled to Melbourne and Sydney, and New Zealand in August, 3years ago, and we were in awe over how wonderful the weather was! “Frozen” was pure delight compared to August in the USA. Oddly, the region was not even on our bucket list, but, when an opportunity to travel half way around the globe came up, we couldn’t resist —the trip was one of our best!  The plane trip one of the worst, however. question  

I've forgotten how long the plane journey takes, but think it's in the order of over 18 hours.  That's a long time to be cooped-up, no matter how good the movies and the food are.  And not discounting leg-room, or lack thereof.

Stolen from the interwebs ... (where else?)

And it's another couple of hours to fly up here, not including the wait for your flight. (We weren't on your itinerary apparently; that's ok!)

Next trip, we can all arrange a F2F cheese

we did fly to Cairns (sp?) and took a boat to the Great Barrier Reef. Typical tourists haunts. From NZ, we sailed to Tasmania Love Sydney’s walkability and those ferry boat rides to the beaches, zoo, etc.

Thanks for the memories!

I am taking a cruise — going solo for the first time — next month. I should have time to read more of this thread!

marksierra said:
Stolen from the interwebs ... (where else?)

oh ohoh ohoh oh

Stolen from another (MOL) thread - 

joanne said:
Since we’re on the topic, advance notice of the international wayzgoose (printers’ holiday): 
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/proofreading-day 

There are a lot of fun days in that list.

I can see myself celebrating the 2nd of February, or the 13th of February (definitely!), the 23rd of February, and a great number of others, as well!

Alternative reasons to publicly celebrate birthdays cheese 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!