A Ron Paul Admirer

So I was in a candy store and saw this week's issue of Time. The theme is 100 most influential people in the World. Each blurb on a famous person is written by another famous person and I almost bought it to read the piece on Warren Buffet written by Barack Obama, but I picked it up and happened to turn the the piece on Ron Paul written by:

Ralph Nader!

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Is Ron Paul still running?

Nader is way past his political expiration date.

Yep. He's still running. The donations are still coming in and he's getting really large crowds. I think he'll keep going as long as the enthusiasm of his supporters is there.

From my travels around the State speaking with people, I would say that most Ron Paul supporters are between 22 and 26, college educated and male.

Ron Paul is now hawking on the radio a home food dehydrator that creates 25-year food. 

broigus said:

Ron Paul is now hawking on the radio a home food dehydrator that creates 25-year food. 

And I'll bet he demanded payment in krugerrand.

Has Ron Paul gone completely Glenn Beck?

Yup, Ron has joined the apocalypse crowd with his dehydrator. Even ice cream and lasagna? How TF does one do that? 

Another vendor who advertises on hate radio also peddles 25-year-meals to stock up your underground bunker. But leave room in the bunker for a few gold ingots and some ammo. 

Other advertisers predict the coming global financial meltdown: "Cyprus -level catastrophe. It'll make the 2008 disaster look like a bad day at the nickel slots" claims the advertiser. 

Hate radio: all paranoia; all the time.

As I have friends on the extreme right and left, I do have at least one that is waiting for the end. I'm prepping for the usual run of the mill disasters, so I'm buying a generator.

Go with a Honda (3000W). We bought one for our camp and the thing starts like a champ and is extremely quiet. 

GL2 said:

Go with a Honda (3000W). We bought one for our camp and the thing starts like a champ and is extremely quiet. 

Its a portable. I'm going big and getting a stand by. I was out 16 days during Sandy and gas was unavailable. My street loses power if a raindrop falls.

Morganna said:
GL2 said:

Its a portable. I'm going big and getting a stand by. I was out 16 days during Sandy and gas was unavailable. My street loses power if a raindrop falls.

16 days! Yikes. How are the laws in Mplwd? Generators are cool?

I'm in a private community where power losses are very common during storms and generators are not allowed.

GL2 said:
Morganna said:
GL2 said:

16 days! Yikes. How are the laws in Mplwd? Generators are cool?

I'm in a private community where power losses are very common during storms and generators are not allowed.

I'm in South Orange and we can have generators and I assume Maplewood can as well.

No generators allowed?

At the risk of further "drifting" in this Ron Paul thread, I'll add that places like townhouses and condos consider generators a safety threat. We had a long discussion after our last 30+ hour blackout last year.

I think it's mostly about carbon dioxide.

GL2 said:

I think it's mostly about carbon dioxide.

monoxide

Hoping to steer us back on the course, I'm thinking Ron Paul would want us to be prepared. And for my MOL friends, if there is another Sandy, I'll leave a light on.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!