Meanderings...

I've finally memorized my first produce code

bananas - 4011

bam!

I am SO pissed that I missed Herb Alpert in Red Bank Friday night.

One of my heroes.

grrrrrrrrr

drummerboy said:

I dunno, but 6+ hours to make ratatouille seems excessive

https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2016/06/09/francis-lams-weapons-grade-ratatouille

I dunno, it sounds like a fun all-day recipe to try while working from home in winter. There's not that much active cooking time. I've made various "quick" ratatouille recipes that were okay but not great. 

The recipe commentary is super annoying. They should provide an alt version of the recipe with that nonsense stripped out. I might check out his recipe for ginger scallion sauce. 

Seems like you do need to spend a lot of time tending to the simmering and reduction. P0

Seems like you do need to spend a lot of time tending to the simmering and reduction.

Alton Brown is now shilling for Neuriva.

I am so disappointed.

I played Words with Friends for the first time in years today.

I mentioned this lapse during a chat with my randomly picked opponent.

After I built a 100 point lead, she accused me of lying.

Nice.

The Chik-Fil-A in Morris Plains is crazy busy around lunch time. Easily 25 cars in the drive-thru.

the most useful thing Facebook has ever provided me

drummerboy said:

I thought it was off, but those little plus signs under the 1/3 and 2/3 cup "wheels" are stealthy.

Pretty cool.

drummerboy said:

Nice. Cheese is always challenging for me. Recipes call for x ounces of cheese but the cheese label is expressed in fractions of a pound (0.382 lb). That's too much for my limited math skills when standing in the cheese section of the grocery store.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.