How To Park Like a Tool

Swiped from my comment on the other parking thread...

-s.

Tom_Reingold said:
What are some clever ways to mess with people with expensive cars who consistently park in two parking spots?

put a fake note on their car (or mail it if you know who they are) saying sorry for denting the car, but you were trying to get your smart car (isn't that those tiny cars) or motorcycle into half the space they were taking up.  I did that to someone in an apartment complex I lived in.  She has a mild disability (can walk the dog in the neighborhood), but kept parking half on the handicap parking access aisle.  She did not need extra room on the other side and even if she did she could have backed in to have room on the side with the access aisle.  To make it even more annoying, she works for an organization for people with mostly more severe disabilities.  I have a motorized wheelchair that I only used for distance and couldn't get it through.  I sent her a letter saying sorry, scratched your car trying to squeeze through with a large item...wouldn't have happened if you parked legally and considerate of your neighbors...there was no scratch, but she got the message.

The access aisle is actually small, maybe 3 feet as the building was old and they could not reasonably add in a full size access aisle.

Still not a parking space......

I wish more people would park like a promposal. 

No picture but a truly remarkable parking job tonight.  Picture this:  sitting outside at Arturo’s. A car drives down Baker Street in the wrong lane, going against traffic, to pull into a spot facing into Arturo’s.  And there were cars driving towards him in the left lane.  He cut them off, cut in front of them and took a left into the diagonal spot, facing the wrong way. And a cop was right there.  After he ticketed him he looked at us and said “I was too nice.  I only gave him one ticket.  Everything he did was illegal!”  NY plates.    Young guy.  

Reading this, perfect end to a day.

Two cars illegally parked in front of the post office. 

Across the street, a mostly empty parking lot. How lazy are we people?

The shooter here really doesn't like people who park like tools.  Because he was shoved to the ground, he's likely to get away with murder.... https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/7/23/17602312/stand-your-ground-florida-michael-drejka-markeis-mcglockton

That law is really messed up for that guy not to be charged. I could see if after the victim pushed the shooter down he kept going at him. Then maybe 'stand your ground' premise is legit. But after he pushed him down he just stood there. Something's not right for that to fall under stand your ground.   

lanky said:
The shooter here really doesn't like people who park like tools.  Because he was shoved to the ground, he's likely to get away with murder.... https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/7/23/17602312/stand-your-ground-florida-michael-drejka-markeis-mcglockton

Reason # 687 to never live in Florida.

yahooyahoo said:

lanky said:

Amen. One of my coworkers, same role same team, moved to Florida. I now secretly question every decision he makes. It’s horrible I know but I can’t help it.  

Smedley said:
That law is really messed up for that guy not to be charged. I could see if after the victim pushed the shooter down he kept going at him. Then maybe 'stand your ground' premise is legit. But after he pushed him down he just stood there. Something's not right for that to fall under stand your ground.   

The Fl. Attorney Gen'l will take a crack at it. The local yokel turned the case to the A.G. for review.

ElizMcCord said:

yahooyahoo said:

lanky said:
Amen. One of my coworkers, same role same team, moved to Florida. I now secretly question every decision he makes. It’s horrible I know but I can’t help it.  

FL has no income tax.  For some people that's enough to put up with the oppressive heat, alligators, snakes, enormous insects and heavily armed neighbors.

I believe N.J. now has no income tax on retirement income. I know SS is not taxed. I believe the tax on pensions was also substantially reduced. I know I no longer pay state income tax.

5 PM, Trader Joe's parking lot.  The smallest vehicle in the lot perpetrated this:

Super Bowl evening.  Not only is the driver illegally parked, but he/she made an illegal left hand turn to park in an illegal space. There were several open legal spaces behind me and further up the street.  Pure laziness and entitlement.

South Orange Avenue Rite Aid parking lot.  Backed in, across 2 spots, with a 20+ year old POS Benz.

Rob_Sandow said:
South Orange Avenue Rite Aid parking lot.  Backed in, across 2 spots, with a 20+ year old POS Benz.

The level of incompetence and/or negligence is impressive.

Its not a coincidence that this thread is competing for dominance over the thread about reversing into parking lots spaces...

Jaytee said:
Its not a coincidence that this thread is competing for dominance over the thread about reversing into parking lots spaces...

Obviously. Someone quite deliberately bumped this thread back up.

The two threads could run in parallel, as long as we only stick our nose in one at a time.

I see the "the backing in" thread as a possible subset of this thread.

Tonight. Staples on Vauxhall. 

Last week.  This is right in front of the Valley National Bank in Maplewood.

There were other legal spaces available at the time.

Baker street lot last night - I hope no one needed to turn around to get out!

At Santander Bank (the branch near Trader Joe) about a week ago:

This is not strictly about parking, but I thought thread followers might get some jollies out of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!