How To Park Like a Tool

we're laughing too - very cat-like, that is!!

hahaha

marylago said:

CompassRose said:

So this big jerk took up my partner's entire parking spot the other day and refused to move until I made him dinner.

oh oh 

Some of these pics remind me of one of my first taxi rides in Singapore in '95. Riding down the highway like the lane 'lines' didn't exist. Asked 'Uncle' about the lines, "Oh, those? The British left them on on road, we just ignore them"...

it's often said that's the attitude of Queensland drivers, to both lane control and speed limits. cheese

Joanne.

Both are suggestions- as are the suggestions for use of directionals (aka decorationals since they're pretty flashing lights fore and aft.  You'll note increased use thereof during the Yule season when flashing decorationals fit in  with the spirit of the season.)  After all these aren't sound rules that need to be obeyed are they?

oh oh

The rest of Australia doesn't agree with this view. 

Apparently, poor parking is not restricted to NJ. 

Someone parked over the line and so close to my car in Maplewood today that I could not open my driver side door. She had an end spot with several open feet on the other side of her car.  I waited by my car and after 10 min the driver of the offending car showed up, dry cleaning in hand.  When I pointed out that she had parked so close that I could not get into my car, she made no apology, just smirked like I was being ridiculous and moved her car.  

What a jerk!  You are a better person than I am, I would have been tempted to force my door open in order to dent/scratch her car.

From the angle I would guess that she illegally pulled in from the opposite side.  Clearly she is an exception to the rules . . . 

Wonder who this privileged arsehole is? At Northland Pool in Livingston.

er, this would be me, though I blame stupidity over privilege. I didn't even notice till I was walking back to the car.

drummerboy said:

Wonder who this privileged arsehole is? At Northland Pool in Livingston.

The driver was talking really loudly on her cellphone inside the Maplewood CVS on Friday.  Based on the conversation and questionable language it sounded like she thought she was on Real Housewives of NJ.

Maplewood pool on a busy day

What a crap way to ruin the reputation of a perfectly fine Triumph TR 6.

ridski
said:

What a crap way to ruin the reputation of a perfectly fine Triumph TR 6.

The driver's obviously making sure that nobody can park close enough to scratch it.

At Essex Green. When I got back to my car, she had left her grocery cart between mine and the car behind me. Grrrrr!

Village Coffee lot

When I encounter this situation (A), if at all possible, I take great pleasure in parking as shown in B.

Only problem is, I usually shop very quickly and leave before the tool discovers that he/she can't get into their car through the drivers side.

How challenging is it to pull into a diagonal space?

Notice the "COMPACT" at top of space.  

Star Market, Dedham MA

(from Twitter)

Having a little trouble putting my shopping cart back at Star Market in Dedham. Hope this person enjoyed climbing out the window (or trunk).

Here's how they do it in Maine. This guy was on a beer run...

-s.

At the Target last night, not even close ....

Is it me or that selfish arrogant shopping cart taking up 3 spaces.

rch2330 said:

At the Target last night, not even close ....

This morning in the lot behind Arturo's.  Admittedly the line is difficult to see, but shouldn't you have enough common sense to park close to the end?

I can't believe I haven't contributed this yet:

Park Tool Company

Third St parking lot today - taking up two spots.

I posted this in another thread, but it deserves to be posted here as well.

I thought I had seen everything in Maplewood, then this happened......

hauscat said:

All too common.  Every freaking day this happens.

hauscat said:

I use to have a beetle and when I saw things like this, I would slide in next to then.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.