Highland Place "Nachos"

RobB said:

Or go around calling themselves "doctor".

Wait, which thread is this?

snake grin) question

122 comments? Astonishing.

Chris will be thunderstruck...

next time, order them de-constructed...is it really that youre upset because it was four pieces for a table of five and you got left out?

I think HP should call them Fancy Nachos.

RobB said:

Or go around calling themselves "doctor".

Wait, which thread is this?

grin)

hankzona said:

next time, order them de-constructed...is it really that youre upset because it was four pieces for a table of five and you got left out?

To paraphrase Ty Webb and ridski...A flute with no holes is not a flute. Nachos with an affected French accent are not nachos.

Oldstone said:

I think HP should call them Fancy Nachos.

hows about Hirshfeld Chips?

They were chicken/avocado bites more than anything.

You're being ridiculous, you know that right?

Give me a break. Its a small plate, not meant for your and your brood to stuff yourselves. For $8 you could have gone to village burger and eaten a double and some fries if you were looking for that.

ktc said:

Not-chos.

Not pretentious enough.

Nietzchos, now THAT'S pretentious.

ridski said:

ktc said:

Not-chos.

Not pretentious enough.

HAHHAHAHAHHA FUNNIEST THING IN A LONG TIME.

boomie said:

You're being ridiculous, you know that right?

Give me a break. Its a small plate, not meant for your and your brood to stuff yourselves. For $8 you could have gone to village burger and eaten a double and some fries if you were looking for that.

That's not what I was looking for though. Party was all adults looking to share, especially considering the tapas menu. And a "small plate" in restaurant terms is something else, too.

ridski said:

ktc said:

Not-chos.

Not pretentious enough.

Bravo!

definition of small plates/tapas:

Tapas & Small Plates
These are small portions, to be served with 4 -6 other items, as passed finger foods, displays or stations.

Not-chos is pretty cute, too.

boomie said:

definition of small plates/tapas:

Tapas & Small Plates
These are small portions, to be served with 4 -6 other items, as passed finger foods, displays or stations.

The "Nachos" were listed under appetizers though.

ktc said:

soorlady said:

ktc said:

ctrzaska said:

It's 8 bucks, not 80. At that "price point" you're not getting a whole hell of a lot in NYC except for a Taco Bell combo.

$8 for four bites of food needs to be exceptional, not just good.

I attended the same party as MEM and also enjoyed the nachos - $8 seems reasonable for this appetizer, if you downed one in one bite ("4 bites of food"), you have a rather large mouth.

Eating one tortilla chip in one bite is unusual?

It is for those of us who dine.

soorlady said:

ktc said:

soorlady said:

ktc said:

ctrzaska said:

It's 8 bucks, not 80. At that "price point" you're not getting a whole hell of a lot in NYC except for a Taco Bell combo.

I attended the same party as MEM and also enjoyed the nachos - $8 seems reasonable for this appetizer, if you downed one in one bite ("4 bites of food"), you have a rather large mouth.

Well, the one chip that was shared in two bites was kind of a messy, crumbly, awkward ordeal that in no way represented refined dining. I suppose you use a fork and knife?

141 comments since 10:29 this morning.

ktc said:

soorlady said:

ktc said:

soorlady said:

ktc said:

ctrzaska said:

Well, the one chip that was shared in two bites was kind of a messy, crumbly, awkward ordeal that in no way represented refined dining. I suppose you use a fork and knife?

No, you eat your appetizer then still have room for an entree.

I doubt I could eat after experiencing that kind of ordeal.

strawberry said:

I've seen "neat nachos" on the menu, not just "nachos". In any case, HP is doing it right! What a great place to eat, drink and be merry! That said, maybe it's time to add just "nachos" to the menu!

......But hold the YouTube videos...

-s.

next time I go, I'm making a video of myself enjoying the neat nachos.

and then I'll embed it in the "no embedded YouTube videos" thread.

ml1 said:

next time I go, I'm making a video of myself enjoying the neat nachos.

It'll at least be a very short vid. ;-)

musicmz said:

141 comments since 10:29 this morning.

It's totally nuts, right?!

It certainly is. I'm leaving.

-s.

Lame Ass Thread of the Year

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.