Revised Forecast for Tuesday, August 13th, 2019:

In the last 12 hours, the forecast guidence has moved the heaviest rain further south than was showing yesterday. There remains a chance of severe thunderstorms,, and a likelihood of heavy rain, but the chance of high winds, hail, or a real deluge is now lower here.

Still, pay attention to any alerts. I would not be surprised to see severe thunderstorm or flash flood watches this afternoon or evening. Timing, rain likely after 9 am with heaviest rain between 2 and 8 pm.

Just for reference, here is the previous severe weather outlook, from just last night. It had us in the yellow, and quite close to the orange "enhanced" zone.

From the NWS:

"Locally heavy rain is expected today into tonight. Rainfall amounts could vary quite a bit. Some areas could see well over an inch of rain, while other locations may see only light amounts."

Latest update from the NWS:

The latest trends continue to push the heaviest rainfall to the south. Addition rain is expected to come as showers through the evening hours. Here is the latest forecast on amount expected.

Your post reminded me to bring a large umbrella to work. It was useful for keeping myself and a VIP dry during our walk to our lunch meeting today.  grin

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.