Fear and loathing in Maplewood Village

EricBurbank said:

No, I never heard that.  A brothel......hmmmm........nah, never mind. 

 Because there's never been anything like that in Maplewood.


EricBurbank said:

No, I never heard that.  A brothel......hmmmm........nah, never mind. 

 Millburn had one in the '60's. It was on Millburn Ave, across from Saks 5th.   Made the Newark Evening News.


mrincredible said:

EricBurbank said:

No, I never heard that.  A brothel......hmmmm........nah, never mind. 

 Because there's never been anything like that in Maplewood.

No,  Nothing as upscale as a brothel.


annielou said:

What’s the big fuss about Village Coffee? Food is mediocre as is the service. More than once ended up with cold food.

 I have NO idea, went a couple of times and EACH time my coffee tasted weak and stale and my breakfast was cold


There is no big deal.  Just one of the many cafes in town.  Everyone has their favorite, no one has had food poisoning recently.  No need to run down one place over another.


Whenever author puts in a good word for Village Coffee, it washes the irony right out of my mouth.


Formerlyjerseyjack said:

EricBurbank said:

No, I never heard that.  A brothel......hmmmm........nah, never mind. 

 Millburn had one in the '60's. It was on Millburn Ave, across from Saks 5th.   Made the Newark Evening News.

Speaking of Saks, what the hell is going on with that building?


yahooyahoo said:

Speaking of Saks, what the hell is going on with that building?

Nothing. It's what happens when the NIMBYs block every development proposal. 


ml1 said:

yahooyahoo said:

Speaking of Saks, what the hell is going on with that building?

Nothing. It's what happens when the NIMBYs block every development proposal. 

I think it's also complicated by the fact the road is in Millburn but the building is in Springfield.


ml1 said:

Nothing. It's what happens when the NIMBYs block every development proposal. 

It looks like it's going to be townhouses and condos for the former Saks site:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/springfield/sections/government/articles/springfield-planning-board-approves-saks-site-plan


ml1 said:

author said:

 "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a  pretty and well preserved

body but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke thoroughly used up totally worn out and and  loudly proclaiming  "Wow what a ride"............Hunter Thompson

Half correct who ever guessed my intentions.

My sense of humor has a mind and a will of it's own............fine with me. T he absurdities of life furnish unlimited material. 

Diastase for changes in the Village that do a disservice to the Township.

I've spoken to several merchants as to how the Circus building has benefited them.  That red herring has done nothing more than furnish luxury housing and once again duplicated already existing retail service.

Maplewood Seniors, and low income families benefited nada. Kings seems to be doing well in the location we were told they would be leaving if not offered an alternate site

Village merchants...........only dividing  the same retail dollar..........seniors and low income...lots of luck.

I could write of a very attractive Senior Building recently raised in Bloomfield.  Near Bloomfield college and library as well as the Green.

But if I did I would be called a troublemaker and obstructionist.  Actually that is pretty accurate.

 what does any of this have to do with new sidewalks?

 It is easier to skid in side ways on new smooth side walks.

Reviewing my posts on the matter...........I never objected to the new sidewalks.  Merely commented on the construction at the time and alternate means of arriving at your destination.............without having to fly 

British Airways.


alha said:

ml1 said:

Nothing. It's what happens when the NIMBYs block every development proposal. 

It looks like it's going to be townhouses and condos for the former Saks site:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/springfield/sections/government/articles/springfield-planning-board-approves-saks-site-plan

Makes sense for it to be housing.  Good access to transit, including the Short Hills train station.

Even though the property is in Springfield, it's probably going to be called "Short Hills something-something-something".


nohero said:

alha said:

ml1 said:

Nothing. It's what happens when the NIMBYs block every development proposal. 

It looks like it's going to be townhouses and condos for the former Saks site:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/springfield/sections/government/articles/springfield-planning-board-approves-saks-site-plan

Makes sense for it to be housing.  Good access to transit, including the Short Hills train station.

Even though the property is in Springfield, it's probably going to be called "Short Hills something-something-something".

My guess:  The Millburn Mews


alha said:

It looks like it's going to be townhouses and condos for the former Saks site:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/springfield/sections/government/articles/springfield-planning-board-approves-saks-site-plan

 Finally.  Lawsuits had held up development of the property for nearly 20 years.


Traffic disaster.  Traffic leaving Summit onto Millburn Avenue, via Morris Ave and Morris Turnpike, will be backed up for several traffic lights. Add to that, the Wawa being built on Morris Turnpike ---

Millburn Avenue will be avoided where possible. Look for more vacant stores on Millburn Avenue.


Speaking of traffic and Maplewood Village -

This makes me think of someone navigating a large SUV through there. 


nohero said:

Speaking of traffic and Maplewood Village -

This makes me think of someone navigating a large SUV through there. 

Somebody got yelled at back at the office.

sac said:

Just wondering what the motivation was for the subject title of this thread?  Seems a bit over the top and never seemed to be supported by any of the subsequent posts.

 I get the feeling author never read the book.


nohero said:

Speaking of traffic and Maplewood Village -

This makes me think of someone navigating a large SUV through there. 

I see no issues here.  Expedited disembarkation to increase shopping time at port for mutual benefit of passengers and local merchants is all.  



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.