Epstein Commits Suicide While on Suicide Watch (Maybe?)

nan said:

jamie said:

This thread will be moved to the alternative sub basement soon

I guess Paul and I have the record for the most number of threads moved to the basement.  That's because we are not afraid to look deep into challenging topics that many others run from or consider off-limits or can't think beyond the mainstream media. Some of these, such revealing Russiagate as a Hoax, and Julian Assange as a hero, makes me especially happy to have been on the right side of the issues, even if it pissed a lot of people off, including the moderators.  I also think Paul is 100% right about Syria & Venezuela and that Bill Browder is a crook.  Maybe the rest of you will come around someday. 

I'm sure sbenois knows deep in his heart that we are right.

Actually in the "Russia & Alternative News Related" section of the "Sub Forums," there are 2 threads were started by me, 4 by Nan, 1 by Cramer, 1 by nohero and 12 by Jamie.

paulsurovell said:

Actually in the "Russia & Alternative News Related" section of the "Sub Forums," there are 2 threads were started by me, 4 by Nan, 1 by Cramer, 1 by nohero and 12 by Jamie.

I'm thinking of threads that were MOVED to the subforum by Jamie, not threads that started there.  But, I don't take credit for this one because I did not start it. 

nan said:

paulsurovell said:

I'm thinking of threads that were MOVED to the subforum by Jamie, not threads that started there.  But, I don't take credit for this one because I did not start it. 

Good point.

nan said:

jamie said:

This thread will be moved to the alternative sub basement soon

I guess Paul and I have the record for the most number of threads moved to the basement.  That's because we are not afraid to look deep into challenging topics that many others run from or consider off-limits or can't think beyond the mainstream media. Some of these, such revealing Russiagate as a Hoax, and Julian Assange as a hero, makes me especially happy to have been on the right side of the issues, even if it pissed a lot of people off, including the moderators.  I also think Paul is 100% right about Syria & Venezuela and that Bill Browder is a crook.  Maybe the rest of you will come around someday. 

I'm sure sbenois knows deep in his heart that we are right.

Deep in my heart I know that you are a good smart person seeking truth Nancy.

But you are too buried in your desire for truth to grasp that not everything is a ******* conspiracy.

sbenois said:

But you are too buried in your desire for truth to grasp that not everything is a ******* conspiracy.

Never said it was. I know a cigar when I see one.

nan said:

sbenois said:

Never said it was. I know a cigar when I see one.

I'm sure that you do.

Unfortunately, every time you see one, you somehow turn it into a discussion about how awful the Clintons are.

sbenois said:

I'm sure that you do.

Unfortunately, every time you see one, you somehow turn it into a discussion about how awful the Clintons are.

So, you are saying that every time I see a cigar I start talking about how awful the Clintons are?

Really?

I will have to check that out.  

Sad ending for Jeffery Epstein's victims.  

Florida Judge Refuses to Toss Epstein “Sweetheart” Plea Deal

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/9/17/headlines/florida_judge_refuses_to_toss_epstein_sweetheart_plea_deal?fbclid=IwAR2z1aTPrDDay40FhlAtFTrn7SClUIsiOcL1vDCfW4vWmlhveDqwDJrHD9E

A federal judge in Florida has refused to undo a 2008 plea deal that granted immunity to serial sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein and his co-conspirators — despite a ruling that prosecutors violated the Crime Victims’ Rights Act by failing to consult with Epstein’s accusers. The decision means Epstein’s accusers will not see compensation or be granted access to FBI records related to the Epstein investigation. It also means Epstein’s alleged co-conspirators will retain their immunity. Epstein died of an apparent suicide in his Manhattan jail cell last month while awaiting trial. The U.S. attorney general has vowed to pursue Epstein’s collaborators.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article236809668.html

Former NYC Chief Medical Examiner Michael Baden says it looks like a homicide.

I like how it's gotten so bad that if you question the official narrative you are a "conspiracy theorist".   How can anyone not question the official narrative as fishy as it was?

Now a private forensic pathologist hired by Mark Epstein to monitor his brother’s autopsy has offered an opinion that bolsters what conspiracy theorists have suggested for months: that the available evidence does not support the finding that Jeffrey Epstein killed himself.

I'm stunned that a pathologist who was hired to find evidence of homicide found evidence of homicide.  The pathologist who testified that OJ and Phil Spector were innocent no less.

paulsurovell said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article236809668.html

Former NYC Chief Medical Examiner Michael Baden says it looks like a homicide.

I think that's a very simplified interpretation. He said the injuries were not consistent with most deaths by hanging that he has seen. He doesn't make a definitive statement that he believes it was a homicide, but that the physical evidence of the body itself is more suggestive of strangulation.

That being said the article points out some of the crazy facts around the case, such as the nonfunctioning cameras and sleeping guards. If you're writing a movie script of this scenario it's probably going to look a lot like the reality ... the clever assassin drugs the guards, disables the cameras and evades detection.

The way the body was handled when it was discovered is also either incompetent or nefarious. No pictures of the body, and its immediate removal before the scene was fully investigated. Also in your movie script ... the conspiracy includes deliberate destruction of evidence before the proper authorities can figure out what happened.

ml1 said:

I'm stunned that a pathologist who was hired to find evidence of homicide found evidence of homicide.  The pathologist who testified that OJ and Phil Spector were innocent no less.

It seems like this is a pretty respected guy with years of experience. I'm sure he could be biased by a large enough cash transplant. But he made some statements of fact and professional opinion, not a "j'accuse!" proclamation. 

But "finding evidence suggestive of strangulation" is less headline-worthy than "Former NYC Pathologist Says It Looks Like Murder".

Was there supposed to be an investigation of the circumstances of Epstein's death? i.e. the sleeping guards, etc.

drummerboy said:

Was there supposed to be an investigation of the circumstances of Epstein's death? i.e. the sleeping guards, etc.

It's part of what Baden (the independent pathologist) is questioning. The Herald article doesn't go into a lot of detail.

The article is a pretty quick read and not behind a paywall, so if you're interested I recommend reading it. Here's one excerpt:

In this case, Baden said he saw a photograph of Epstein’s cell after his body was removed. It showed a ligature fashioned from an orange bed sheet on the floor of the cell. Baden said he was told — but shown no written report — that a corrections officer found Epstein’s body, on his knees, with the orange ligature around his neck, tied to the top bunk in his cell.He pointed out that authorities have only the word of the people in the jail as to what happened, and his impression is that the officers were not forthcoming.

“He was stone-cold dead when they found him,’’ Baden said. “He had been dead for three hours. Rigor mortis set in, and it was apparent he was dead, yet they called EMS and didn’t photograph how the body was found.’’

Baden said Sampson’s conclusion sends a message that there is no need to look further into how Epstein died.Mark Epstein, Epstein’s only sibling and his next of kin, has been frustrated that he has not been able to obtain the EMS report or the hospital report, Baden said.“I’d like additional information. Whose DNA is on the ligature? Was the FBI able to get any information from the jail cell’s video and hall video? Did they find it shows him hanging himself up or someone unauthorized went into the cell from the hallway? Did the FBI interview any of the inmates? Did they interview any of the guards who were allegedly asleep?’’

Baden said that these are all questions that should be answered before concluding that Epstein committed suicide. And he said questions about the federal facility’s apparent security lapses should also be a factor to explore.

Yeah, I did read it already.

Since you're all eagerly awaiting my opinion on this blank stare

My reaction to this ranges between "Holy crap, what a stupid way to botch such a high-profile case" to "Man, there is so much weird about how they handled such a high-profile case." 

I'm not remotely in the camp of "He was murdered by Rudy Giuliani and Tulsi Gabbard", but I'm not in the camp of "It's obvious he hanged himself, why are you asking questions?" 

His death was clearly convenient for a lot of people.  The investigation leaves a lot of questions unanswered. It's that second part that's more frustrating to me.  All the suspicions could have been laid to rest with a properly handled treatment of the case.

mrincredible said:

Since you're all eagerly awaiting my opinion on this
blank stare

My reaction to this ranges between "Holy crap, what a stupid way to botch such a high-profile case" to "Man, there is so much weird about how they handled such a high-profile case." 

I'm not remotely in the camp of "He was murdered by Rudy Giuliani and Tulsi Gabbard", but I'm not in the camp of "It's obvious he hanged himself, why are you asking questions?" 

His death was clearly convenient for a lot of people.  The investigation leaves a lot of questions unanswered. It's that second part that's more frustrating to me.  All the suspicions could have been laid to rest with a properly handled treatment of the case.

I keep questioning the theory that Epstein was murdered because it makes no sense to me that if the CIA and/or FBI wanted him dead, why they waited for him to be arrested, and then murder him in his cell.  They had years when they could have found ways when Epstein was a free man to arrange an "accident."

Now if someone wants to put forth a theory that the authorities knew they had a suicidal prisoner, and allowed him to kill himself by giving him plenty of unsupervised opportunity to do so, that would at least make some kind of sense.  That they sent someone into a high security facility to kill him, and then manage to keep a large number of people quiet about it, and manage to get the NYC ME to sign off on a determination of suicide?  Implausible.

ml1 said:

Do you have doubts about what Baden found in this case?

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html

paulsurovell said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html

why do you do this kind of thing instead of discussing the merits of the issue at hand?  Quite frankly it's a shifty method of arguing.

ml1 said:

Now if someone wants to put forth a theory that the authorities knew they had a suicidal prisoner, and allowed him to kill himself by giving him plenty of unsupervised opportunity to do so, that would at least make some kind of sense.  

That's always made sense to me. But did anyone take note of this from the linked article?

Dr. Ziv Cohen, a forensic psychiatrist and assistant professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York, said he doesn’t think Baden’s findings are conclusive and suggested a psychological autopsy involving interviews with Epstein’s friends, family, corrections officers and lawyers to zero in on his frame of mind in the days before his death.

Baden said that while Mark Epstein had no involvement in or knowledge about his brother’s activities, he knew from news reports that his brother “knew a lot of people that would be better off if he passed away.’’

ml1 said:

paulsurovell said:

why do you do this kind of thing instead of discussing the merits of the issue at hand?  Quite frankly it's a shifty method of arguing.

Of course you raised the issue of Biden's other clients, not me.

paulsurovell said:

whether I agree with the results or not is not relevant.  But all of the examples, even yours shows that in these high profile cases, Baden does seem to find the conclusion that the people paying him want him to find.

paulsurovell said:

ml1 said:

The NY Times article is about Dr. Biden's summary of facts, that is, how many times Michael Brown was shot (includes his diagram).

Mr. Ml1's examples concern matters of opinion, similar to Dr. Baden's stated opinion in about the cause of Jeffrey Epstein's death.

It's funny how many times people have typed Biden instead of Baden in this thread.

My theory is that it was Kaiser Soze. 

ml1 said:

paulsurovell said:

whether I agree with the results or not is not relevant.  But all of the examples, even yours shows that in these high profile cases, Baden does seem to find the conclusion that the people paying him want him to find.

That's awfully shifty of you.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

ml1 said:

The NY Times article is about Dr. Biden's summary of facts, that is, how many times Michael Brown was shot (includes his diagram).

Mr. Ml1's examples concern matters of opinion, similar to Dr. Baden's stated opinion in about the cause of Jeffrey Epstein's death.

That wasn't ml1's point:

ml1 said:

I'm stunned that a pathologist who was hired to find evidence of homicide found evidence of homicide. The pathologist who testified that OJ and Phil Spector were innocent no less.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

ml1 said:

That wasn't ml1's point:

I wasn't commenting on Mr. ml1's point, I was commenting on yours.  And your "point" isn't much of a point, for the reason I gave. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.