DNC faces revolt over decision against climate change debate and more

paulsurovell

No doubt fossil fuel interests played a role in this.


jamie

this has been discussed already - do you actually have new informatin to add to this issue?  


drummerboy

Since every damn Democratic candidate is fervently for treating climate change as one of our most serious issues, what exactly are people revolting about?

A debate?

Yeah, ok.



Klinker
drummerboy said:
Since every damn Democratic candidate is fervently for treating climate change as one of our most serious issues, what exactly are people revolting about?

Seems like a no brainer that this would be a place where candidates would want to highlight their differences.  What is it that separates and Inslee from a Frakenlooper and what lies between?

Its hard to understand the DNC's reasoning (assuming you aren't going to go down the rabbit hole with Nan and Paul).


nohero

Have it be an issue brought up in the debates.  As pointed out -

drummerboy said:
Since every damn Democratic candidate is fervently for treating climate change as one of our most serious issues, what exactly are people revolting about?

How many people "revolting" weren't supporting the Democratic nominee in the 2016 November election (when climate change was just as important an issue, with a stark choice between the two candidates).


drummerboy
Klinker said:


drummerboy said:
Since every damn Democratic candidate is fervently for treating climate change as one of our most serious issues, what exactly are people revolting about?
Seems like a no brainer that this would be a place where candidates would want to highlight their differences.  What is it that separates and Inslee from a Frakenlooper and what lies between?
Its hard to understand the DNC's reasoning (assuming you aren't going to go down the rabbit hole with Nan and Paul).

 I dunno. I think a debate just about climate change would be pretty boring and not tell us much. I mean, after the first couple of questions, what would you ask?

I think all you need to know about a candidate's stance is their opinion of the GND. That pretty much puts everyone on the continuum, and you can pick and choose from there. You don't need an hour of "debating" to figure that out.



Klinker
nohero said:
Have it be an issue brought up in the debates.

Its really easy to slide away from an issue at a debate.  One sentence that sounds like its going to address the topics and then its off to the races with whatever talking points your staff is focussed on that particular day.

A Climate Change Debate would force the candidates to actually address the issue, something more than a couple of them have no desire to do.


Red_Barchetta
Klinker said:
Its really easy to slide away from an issue at a debate.  One sentence that sounds like its going to address the topics and then its off to the races with whatever talking points your staff is focussed on that particular day.
A Climate Change Debate would force the candidates to actually address the issue, something more than a couple of them have no desire to do.

 OK, but how many of us would watch more than 10 or 15 minutes of that?


Klinker
Red_Barchetta said:


Klinker said:
Its really easy to slide away from an issue at a debate.  One sentence that sounds like its going to address the topics and then its off to the races with whatever talking points your staff is focussed on that particular day.
A Climate Change Debate would force the candidates to actually address the issue, something more than a couple of them have no desire to do.
 OK, but how many of us would watch more than 10 or 15 minutes of that?

 I definitely would.  This is the single most important issue facing our nation and planet.  I think I can devote an hour of my time to it.




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.