COVID-19

Boris Johnson has been transferred to the ICU. He has worsening coronavirus symptoms. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

mrincredible said:

Boris Johnson has been transferred to the ICU. He has worsening coronavirus symptoms. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

Isn’t he the one who didn’t want people to self isolate hoping the country would get herd immunity, and gave a speech telling people that they should be prepared to lose people before their time?

Anyone being blase about losing people mean others, not themselves or their families. Be assured that Boris is getting the best priority care possible. 

Maplewood has had its 2nd death.,a total of 97 who have contracted the virus.

here's an article which traces the path of how Hydroxychloroquine landed in the White House as a cure for Covid19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

seems legit.

Also, has everyone seen the pic of the doc who led the original French study? Kinda looks familiar.

For those who forgot, Trump's doc

drummerboy said:

For those who forgot, Trump's doc

One of the best reactions to that physician, ever, "Would you look left and cough for that guy?"

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

One of the best reactions to that physician, ever, "Would you look left and cough for that guy?"

“Didn’t he used to play keyboards for Yes?”

drummerboy said:

here's an article which traces the path of how Hydroxychloroquine landed in the White House as a cure for Covid19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

seems legit.

Also, has everyone seen the pic of the doc who led the original French study? Kinda looks familiar.

He also looks disturbingly like this guy, whom I've known for about  40 years and who is currently in a bunker in northern Italy doing virtual wine tastings.   Try Bastianich wines--they're superb.  I think Wine Library  has some.

It's easy to slip into the mind set of thinking that if we have a steady big drop in cases after a few weeks, we can loosen up.  As if the virus is beaten, like China is claiming for itself.  But is it?  How loose can we get without the fires kicking up again?  Will we have to insulate ourselves from international travel from places like Russia, where the disease is only beginning to take off?   What's the game plan for some kind of loosening?

As of the 9:00 AM county report this morning, South Orange has 43 cases and no deaths, Maplewood has 99 cases and 3 deaths. 

https://essexcountynj.org/covid-19-municipality/  

Be well. Stay home. 

nothing to say here other than I'm tired of looking at that doctor.

cramer said:

As of the 9:00 AM county report this morning, South Orange has 43 cases and no deaths, Maplewood has 99 cases and 3 deaths. 

https://essexcountynj.org/covid-19-municipality/  

Be well. Stay home. 

Don’t let the Trump supporters know about this, they’ll claim that previously  having perc in your drinking water helped build up an immunity that keeps you from dying of Covid 19 

NJ schools are now closed indefinitely. Murphy announced it and SOMA school district communicated it quickly.

Rachel Maddow shared some disturbing news about NJ and had Gov Murphy on as a guest.  I am captivated by her guest Lt Gen Todd Semonite Commanding General of the U S Army Corps of Engineers. I'd like him to join Gov. Cuomo  to run the country for a couple of years.

Meanwhile back in Insaneville on FOX Tucker Carlson is demanding answers as to why the models overestimated the numbers. He's quite put out by all the measures and feels we deserve answers. He is convinced we are inflating the numbers by adding in those who had underlying conditions and is irritated by Anthony Fauci's conclusions.

I'm tuning in to FOX periodically just to hear some positive spin. Who knows maybe they will quell my fear explaining it's all overblown.

I'd post a picture of his ridiculous facial expression but I much prefer @drummerboy 's kitty cats.

Morganna said:

Rachel Maddow shared some disturbing news about NJ 

What was the disturbing news?

spontaneous said:

Morganna said:

I think it's that we're running out of hospital rooms.

And I believe I saw that NJ has acquired something like 20 refrigerated trucks to serve as morgues.

We're in bad shape.

drummerboy said:

spontaneous said:

Morganna said:

I think it's that we're running out of hospital rooms.

And I believe I saw that NJ has acquired something like 20 refrigerated trucks to serve as morgues.

We're in bad shape.

Um, yeah.  Hackensack has turned their cafeteria into a patient ward in an attempt to keep up.  We're beyond bad shape

My sister lives in another state and her friend has been able to make an appt at a private lab to get one of the new 15 minute Covid antibody tests. I have seen announcements about such tests from some of the major pharma/testing companies but have not heard anything about getting this type of testing locally.

Anyone know of availability locally?

Thank you!

"New Jersey now has 1,504 coronavirus deaths with 47,437 total cases as the outbreak continues to spread with 3,088 new positive tests announced on Wednesday.

The numbers included another 275 deaths - the highest single day increase since the outbreak. The total death toll is higher than the number of New Jersey residents - 1,487 - killed during the Vietnam War.

“It is still increasing. We’re not at any plateau,” Gov. Phil Murphy said. “We need to be absolutely vigilant.”

Murphy said many of the deaths announced Wednesday are likely people who were infected weeks ago, just as the state started to implement strict social distancing rules. He said he would be more likely to tighten rules further.

“It’s going to take time to reopen our state in a systematic and careful way to protect against a boomeranging of the coronavirus If we open up too soon, we are placing gasoline on the fire,” Murphy said."

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/nj-coronavirus-deaths-increase-to-1504-with-47437-total-cases-another-3k-new-positive-tests-announced.html

I tried to look at the numbers and the NJ website now requires you to log in.  I’m assuming this is a glitch and is fixed soon

Last nights Maplewood Township meeting corrected the number of deaths in Maplewood. It's 2 , not 3.

galileo said:

Last nights Maplewood Township meeting corrected the number of deaths in Maplewood. It's 2 , not 3.

But its not Easter, yet and the Messiah came and went and nobody knew?

Well ,received the daily e-letter from the mayor today and somehow the deceased is back,a woman aged 50.  Have no idea if this is correct. Wish it wasn't.

The NJ Covid 19 dashboard is functional again.  I prefer that one because I can see county by county without having to click on individual counties, just makes it a little easier to get a breakdown quickly

Apparently the genome of the New York coronavirus shows the majority of the cases came from Europe, not Asia

Advice from the official twitter account of the Great State of New Jersey.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.