Bring Out Your Dead! The celebrity death thread....

Steven Bochco. 

LOL 

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/steven-bochco-dead-dies-nypd-blue-1202741169/

Cecil Taylor. Jazz pianist extraordinaire. 89

Chuck McCann. 

Who?

This guy. On TV, he was everywhere.

Channel 11 kids show, for those who grew up in and around NYC.

annielou said:

Channel 11 kids show, for those who grew up in and around NYC.

Milos Forman, Oscar-Winning Director of ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,’ Dies at 86

Also Amadeus, Hair, Ragtime, People vs. Larry Flynt, Man on the Moon. Always interesting movies. Fascinating life.

Loved every one of his films. Even those that weren’t a box office bonanza.

Harry Anderson, kid-faced whiz who was so good at stealing SNL or your favorite Cheers episode that you could forget all those years he ran a courtroom.

Harry Anderson, ‘Night Court’ Actor Who Bottled Magic On Screen and Off, Dies at 65

Carl Kasell - NPR newscaster.  

Scully said:
Carl Kasell - NPR newscaster.  

And Tar Heel. 

Bruno Sammartino, professional wrestling legend and longest reigning WWE champion in history.

Age 82.

Verne Troyer from the Austin Powers movies (and 25 other films). He was kind of controversial in some communities but the dude was dealt a crummy hand and he made the best of it he could.  I have a lot of respect for that. 

yahooyahoo said:
Bruno Sammartino, professional wrestling legend and longest reigning WWE champion in history.
Age 82.

Back when there was a sharp distinction between the good guys and bad guys in pro wrestling.

bub said:

yahooyahoo said:
Age 82.
 Back when there was a sharp distinction between the good guys and bad guys in pro wrestling.

He was a living legend when I was a kid among us Italians.

So much more than the star of "Schoolhouse Rock!" (even though that would have been enough):

Bob Dorough, Jazzman With a Hit Kid-Music Series, Dies at 94 (NYT)

No doubt the OP is familiar with this artist, too, thanks to Hampshire College:

Kirk Simon, 63, Oscar-Winning Documentarian, Dies (NYT)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/201...

People of a certain age might remember Wa Wa Nee. Singer Paul Gray died today, of complications from multiple myeloma. 

I can't find her name anywhere, sadly, but her passing should be noted in MOL: the world's oldest spider, a trapdoor matriarch, has just died. She was 43 years old. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/201...

Edited to add: I’ve just seen her name was Number 16. 

Clyde Stubblefield a year ago, and now Jabo Starks. (NYT)

Judith Lieber,97 - who made handbags objects of art and her husband Gerson Leiber,,96

Starks the drummer on “The Payback”.

Lieberman bags the absolute greatest!

sorry. Lieber. Autocorrect strikes again.

She was iconic.

I’ve read more novels by Roth than I have by any other writer, and only scratched the surface. I wasn’t convinced he’d ever release his grip on this life.

I was surprised to read he was 85 years old. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.