Bring Out Your Dead! The celebrity death thread....

James Randi - Enemy of Woo  LOL

Marge Champion, a wonderful dancer, wife of Gower Champion,101

And Jerry Jeff Walker, of Circus Maximus fame. Among other achievements.

Connery, Sean Connery.

One of my top ten sexiest guys ever

annielou said:

One of my top ten sexiest guys ever

me too, and I'm not even gay.

Less laughter in the world today - John Sessions is gone.

jonesey said:

Less laughter in the world today - John Sessions is gone.

Upstart Crow; Dead Boss; Dr Who; and so many more fine interpretations.  tongue laugh

Geoffrey Palmer, actor and wicked master of twinkling eyes to alert you to multiple layers of hidden meanings

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54838209
While we’re fortunate so many of these talented people lived long lives and have left so much recorded work, doesn’t it feel like our cultural world is potholed this year?

If any mien deserves to be seen on the Forum page ...

Alex Trebek. 80. Despite looking rather spry on recent shows

Alex Trebek -- I hope he's finally free of any pain .... Jeopardy will not be the same, but it will go on.  Rest in Peace to the world's most loved -- or most appreciated -- TV Game Host.  80 years old.

annielou said:

Alex Trebek. 80. Despite looking rather spry on recent shows

The recent shows have all been repeats from the past.  But that's the better way to remember him.

DaveSchmidt said:

And Jerry Jeff Walker, of Circus Maximus fame. Among other achievements.

Mr. Bojangles!  Didn't realize he was gone.  Spent many hours of my youth dancing along with him.

I'll take "Greatest Game show hosever' for $1000 please Alex".

joanne said:

Gosh - Sean Connery! 
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

Juniemoon said:

Alex Trebek -- I hope he's finally free of any pain .... Jeopardy will not be the same, but it will go on.  Rest in Peace to the world's most loved -- or most appreciated -- TV Game Host.  80 years old.

Ridski, you have to be in the mood for that bit and today I am. cheese

BTW, you know The Last Leg is back?

joanne said:

Ridski, you have to be in the mood for that bit and today I am.
cheese

BTW, you know The Last Leg is back?

Yes! And Mock The Week! I have some crazy personal stuff going on right now, so I’ll take all the comedy I can get.

DaveSchmidt said:

If any mien deserves to be seen on the Forum page ...

Awww, Reginald Perrin. Haven't thought about that show in eons.

Tommy Heinsohn - 86

Juniemoon said:

Mr. Bojangles!  Didn't realize he was gone.  Spent many hours of my youth dancing along with him.

and "Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother.: Great drinking song.

joanne said:

@ridski, @jonesy: Des O’Connor died! 
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54950051

I'm actually surprised he was still alive all this time! Loved good old Des. I was watching a series last week called The History of Light Entertainment on chat shows and there was a great section on Des O'Connor Tonight. It's funny because I'd kind of forgotten all about him, but he was a complete natural in front of the camera.

ETA, I'm pretty sure we had at least one Des O'Connor album in the old radiogram, too.

Beverley Bonner, Casey from Basket Case, an offbeat horror film loved by many. I appeared in her playCasey 30 Years Later for a while at the Broadway Comedy Club. Hard to imagine all that energy gone.

That is a crazy movie.  grin

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.