Bernie's 2020 Campaign: August 2016 - At least through April, apparently

This can be painful.  I see now that Joe Biden is ready to throw his hat in the ring.  As did all other Dems in the belief that it was "her turn" they did not run in 2016

I sincerely believe that Joe Biden is a good an honorable man.  But he has certainly been in a position of power for many, many years.  He is one of the many good and honorable people who

have tried.............and simply not been able to cope with the ills of our society.  If you keep buying Ford products and they have proven no more than adequate...............then you face the slings and arrows coming from with in your own party.........and you aspire to excellence.

The man from the North Country

author said:

Jaytee said:
Hugo Chavez promised all that Bernie is promising today....
 So did Cesare Chavez and life improved dramatically for those who joined in the struggle
 Gusano

Funny, when I saw Jaytee's post I misread it as Caesar Chavez.

I have no idea what Hugo promised or didn't promise, but what Bernie proposes sounds like what Eugene Debs might have proposed over 100 years ago.

LOST said:

author said:

Jaytee said:
 So did Cesare Chavez and life improved dramatically for those who joined in the struggle
 Gusano
 Funny, when I saw Jaytee's post I misread it as Caesar Chavez.
I have no idea what Hugo promised or didn't promise, but what Bernie proposes sounds like what Eugene Debs might have proposed over 100 years ago.

Well there is an old Labor song that says you''ll" get pie in the sky when you die, by and by"

We have made some improvements yes...........but not nearly enough.

Jesus wept................when Cuba has a higher incidence of literacy and lower incidence of infant 

mortality than we do...........there are serious reforms needed within the Democratic Party.

And you will not get them from the usual suspects.

author said:

Jaytee said:
 Gusano

Gracias Gusano

OK, so now MSNBC is joining CNN to smear Bernie.  It's going to be an uphill battle.  Like CNN, they provide limited information about the commentator, in this case a 2016 Hillary staffer, Zerlina Maxwell.  Maxwell blatantly lies in front of others who don't correct her, and then offers no apology or correction. Instead, she tweets the same lie.

MSNBC Yet Again Broadcasts Blatant Lies, This Time About Bernie Sanders’ Opening Speech, and Refuses to Correct Them

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/03/msnbc-yet-again-broadcasts-blatant-lies-this-time-about-bernie-sanders-opening-speech-and-refuses-to-correct-them/

"After Sanders’ speech, MSNBC immediately asked its panel for its reaction. The first person they turned to was Zerlina Maxwell, who the host identified only as an “MSNBC analyst.” What the host omitted, but which Maxwell herself acknowledged, was that she was a paid official for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign against Sanders: that, revealingly, is the first person MSNBC had opine on Sanders’ speech.

After the host noted that Maxwell was making gestures of disapproval throughout Sanders’ speech and asked her what the cause was, Maxwell proceeded to state demonstrable lies about that speech. She said:

To be very serious about it, I clocked it. He did not mention race or gender until 23 minutes into the speech. And just for point of comparison, I went back and looked at Elizabeth Warren’s opening speech, for example. She mentions race and discrimination in the first paragraph. So that’s a big difference.

That is a big difference. It’s also a total lie. Sanders mentioned race, gender and discrimination multiple times at the beginning of his speech and long before the 23-minute mark, as anyone who actually watched it – which presumably includes all the MSNBC personalities on that panel who sat silently as this lie was broadcast – obviously knew was a lie. For good measure, Maxwell repeated the same lie she told on MSNBC in a tweet that she posted:

Zerlina Maxwell @ZerlinaMaxwell Ok 23 minutes in Bernie finally mentions race and gender
643 1:04 PM - Mar 2, 2019 Twitter Ads info and privacy

All one needs to do to prove this is an obvious lie is look at the video of Sanders’ speech – which the MSNBC panel had just done as it allowed Maxwell to deceive its audience this way.

So anyone who worked on Hillarys campaign is now not entitled to talk about Bernie.

Got it.

Stop whining Nan.

sbenois said:
So anyone who worked on Hillarys campaign is now not entitled to talk about Bernie.

Got it.

Stop whining Nan.

Did not say that.  Said she should have been identified as a former Hillary staffer.  And maybe she might not be the best choice to lead off the discussion either, if you want a more unbiased opinion, but at least do the identification. 

Why?  To help you and the rest of the Bernie Bots get over your paranoia?

If she doesnt identify herself you take issue and call it a smear.  If she does identify herself you attack her as biased anyway.  Either way, Bernie should be able to handle it without the endless whining that you give us.  

Go start your own party.  

author said:

Well there is an old Labor song that says you''ll" get pie in the sky when you die, by and by"

That song was a satire on religion.

sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  

If Nan threw a Party you'd probably be the first guest there. cheese 

sbenois said:

If she doesnt identify herself you take issue and call it a smear.  If she does identify herself you attack her as biased anyway.  Either way, Bernie should be able to handle it without the endless whining that you give us.  

Go start your own party.  

It was MSNBC's job to identify their guests.  MSNBC should not be organizing a panel of Bernie haters to comment on Bernie's speech.  The woman stated an obvious lie and the whole panel sat there and said nothing.  Hard to take MSNBC as real news when they do stuff like that.  

How would starting my own party help MSNBC be better journalists?  Irrelevant.  

STANV said:

author said:

That song was a satire on religion.
sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  
 If Nan threw a Party you'd probably be the first guest there. cheese 

You'll get pie in the sky morphed into a labor organizing song used initially by The Industrial Workers of the World................a union that became so strong the Government had to destroy it 

because of it's stand that wars were not in the best interest of the working people.

The I.W.W. still exists

nan said:

sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  
 It was MSNBC's job to identify their guests.  MSNBC should not be organizing a panel of Bernie haters to comment on Bernie's speech.  The woman stated an obvious lie and the whole panel sat there and said nothing.  Hard to take MSNBC as real news when they do stuff like that.  

Here's the issue with Bernie's speech that day - here's the quotes:

“the underlying principles of our government” will “not be racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, and religious bigotry.” He then vowed: “this campaign is going to end all of that.”
“the principles of our government will be based on justice: on economic justice, on social justice, on racial justice, on environmental justice”
“wants to divide us up based on the color of our skin, based on where we were born, based on our gender, based on our religion or sexual orientation.” The Sanders campaign at its core, he said, is about doing “exactly the opposite. We’re going to bring our people together: black and white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American, gay and straight, men and women.”
Sanders delivered sweeping generalizations with no substance - no solutions.  I understand why people in the AA community felt like he wasn't speaking directly to them.  Perhaps he'll figure this out moving forward.

This is one way Kamala addressed it:

Too many unarmed black men and women are killed in America. Too many black and brown Americans are being locked up, Our criminal justice system needs drastic repair. Let’s speak that truth.
I’m running to fight for an America where no mother or father has to teach their young son that people may stop him, arrest him, chase him or kill him because of his race.

jamie said:

nan said:

sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  

“the underlying principles of our government” will “not be racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, and religious bigotry.” He then vowed: “this campaign is going to end all of that.”
“the principles of our government will be based on justice: on economic justice, on social justice, on racial justice, on environmental justice”
“wants to divide us up based on the color of our skin, based on where we were born, based on our gender, based on our religion or sexual orientation.” The Sanders campaign at its core, he said, is about doing “exactly the opposite. We’re going to bring our people together: black and white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American, gay and straight, men and women.”
Sanders delivered sweeping generalizations with no substance - no solutions.  I understand why people in the AA community felt like he wasn't speaking directly to them.  Perhaps he'll figure this out moving forward.

Too many unarmed black men and women are killed in America. Too many black and brown Americans are being locked up, Our criminal justice system needs drastic repair. Let’s speak that truth.
I’m running to fight for an America where no mother or father has to teach their young son that people may stop him, arrest him, chase him or kill him because of his race.

Thanks for the fuller quotes.

Just putting the word "race" in the middle of a sentence that lists other things, is not "addressing racism".  

Looks like for the Bernie fans, it's never too early for them to start whining.

nohero said:

jamie said:

nan said:

sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  

Thanks for the fuller quotes.
Just putting the word "race" in the middle of a sentence that lists other things, is not "addressing racism".  
Looks like for the Bernie fans, it's never too early for them to start whining.

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-blames-gutting-of-voting-rights-act-041731027.html;_ylt=AwrJ61ZzWH1czOMAVq1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEya29oZXRkBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjY4MjFfMQRzZWMDc3I-

jamie said:

nan said:

sbenois said:

Go start your own party.  

Are you seriously trying to say that Bernie does not include specific solutions for the black community?   Are you for real?   He goes on and on about the prison reform.  He goes on and on about investing in black communities and helping them to get loans, and investing in education and jobs for youth and legalizing marjijuna, which blacks get arrested for much more than whites.  

Kamala Harris, for all her fine words, has a long history of supporting the private prison system and of keeping black youth locked up.

Here's Bernie on the Breakfast club getting grilled about his policies for the black community and he answers every question with details about his polices that will help the black community.:

nan said:

Are you seriously trying to say that Bernie does not include specific solutions for the black community?   Are you for real?   He goes on and on about the prison reform.  He goes on and on about investing in black communities and helping them to get loans, and investing in education and jobs for youth and legalizing marjijuna, which blacks get arrested for much more than whites.  

I was simply saying it for the speech in question.  geez  Don't be so sensitive - some criticism can be constructive.

jamie said:

nan said:

I was simply saying it for the speech in question.  geez  Don't be so sensitive - some criticism can be constructive.

He talked about it in the speech too.  Shaun King helped him edit the speech!   Really, this is BS.  They can't get Bernie on policy, so they just make crap up and pretend he does not say the things he's most famous for saying.  

Say what you will about Bernie.  Racist he’s not.  He wants all of us in the breadline.  Whites, blacks, Hispanics, aleuts.  You name it.

Robert_Casotto said:
Say what you will about Bernie.  Racist he’s not.  He wants all of us in the breadline.  Whites, blacks, Hispanics, aleuts.  You name it.

That is almost funny if it were not so pathetic coming immediately after Nan's statement.

Did you even read the chart which explains how Bernie would finance his plan?   I know it had a lot of words and no pictures.

Here's today's establishment  "Try to Screw Bernie" moment, brought to you by the DCCC:

nan said:
Here's today's establishment  "Try to Screw Bernie" moment, brought to you by the DCCC:

The DCCC is the "Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee".

Bernie's not a Democratic member of Congress, so that may be one reason he's left off the advertisement for the (meaningless) preference poll as part of the fundraising for, you know, Democratic candidates.

[Edited to add] But I just saw Jamie's response, so maybe I should look for myself to see what that looks like.

And, there's what the actual preference poll looks like -

yeah - I was just about to add that.  This was promoted in a Democrats facebook group.  Seems only normal that they would only promote democrats.

jamie said:
https://action.dccc.org/survey/2020poll-020619-a?utm_source=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&sc=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&refcode=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll
Where did you get that graphic?  You can vote for Sanders and a few others who aren't mention on it.

That graphic was all over twitter.  They should change it.  When you go to the site they have a survey about "Democratic values" and policies and they don't  even list Medicare for All or even health care reform.  

jamie said:
yeah - I was just about to add that.  This was promoted in a Democrats facebook group.  Seems only normal that they would only promote democrats.

Maybe Bernie used to be in that group, but then "Unliked" it after the Presidential primaries and when he ran for re-election.

nan said:

jamie said:
https://action.dccc.org/survey/2020poll-020619-a?utm_source=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&sc=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&refcode=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll
Where did you get that graphic?  You can vote for Sanders and a few others who aren't mention on it.
 That graphic was all over twitter.  They should change it.  When you go to the site they have a survey about "Democratic values" and policies and they don't  even list Medicare for All or even health care reform.  

"All over twitter" is not a good explanation for anything.

nan said:

jamie said:

He's running as a Democrat.  He supports Democratic policies more than some Democrats.  He can beat Trump.  He should have his name on the front of the survey. 

WHY IS HE NOT CHANGING HIS PARTY AFFILIATION?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.