Bernie's 2020 Campaign: August 2016 - At least through April, apparently

nan said:

OK, I was wrong on that--the book I was thinking of was written by Jeffery St.Clair, but he has written lots of negative articles on Bernie which you can find by googling his name with Sanders. 

How about that. Paul Street gives him the ol’ nan treatment: Sanders isn’t progressive enough.

DaveSchmidt said:

nan said:
OK, I was wrong on that--the book I was thinking of was written by Jeffery St.Clair, but he has written lots of negative articles on Bernie which you can find by googling his name with Sanders. 

How about that. Paul Street gives him the ol’ nan treatment: Sanders isn’t progressive enough.

I keep saying that--Sanders is a classic, FDR Democrat.  He's not left-wing radical in any way.  The Democrats have moved so far to the right, they probably make Richard Nixon seem like  a lefty. 

FDR Democrat.  So Sanders would plot to pack the Supreme Court and imprison Japanese Americans too?  

Here are more details on the stacked CNN Sanders CNN:

Robert_Casotto said:
FDR Democrat.  So Sanders would plot to pack the Supreme Court and imprison Japanese Americans too?  

Yes and he would lead the World in a War against Hitler.

nan said:

Stop whining.   Bernie needs to own his crappy performance.  

sbenois said:

nan said:

Stop whining.   Bernie needs to own his crappy performance.  

He did great: 

CNN Stacked Bernie's Town Hall with Political Operatives, Yet He STILL Dominated

He dominated?    He was the only candidate.   That was quite an accomplishment.

sbenois said:
He dominated?    He was the only candidate.   That was quite an accomplishment.

He had those operatives with some loaded questions working against him and Wolf Blitzer was not that nice either.  But he did well, and lots of people were donating to him during the town hall and he got good ratings too.

Again, please stop whining.

sbenois said:
Again, please stop whining.

It's not whining to point out unethical journalism.  CNN admitted it, by the way:

CNN didn’t disclose Democratic Party ties of questioners in Sanders town hall

“Though we said at the beginning of the Town Hall that the audience was made up of Democrats and Independents, we should have more fully identified any political affiliations,” the cable news network said in a statement.

Stop whining Nan.  Thanks.

Independent Bernie took hard questions from Democrats!   Wow...that sure is unfair!   Why would Democrats ever ask hard questions of a guy who wants to be their candidate?

sbenois said:
Independent Bernie took hard questions from Democrats!   Wow...that sure is unfair!   Why would Democrats ever ask hard questions of a guy who wants to be their candidate?

He took hard questions, unfairly framed, from Democratic OPERATIVES, not regular Democrats as CNN presented them.  So, it is important to document how CNN tries to screw him over as they did in 2016 when they gave Hillary the debate questions.  

But, as far as Bernie goes--he did fine with the hard questions and knocked it out of the ballpark.  

which question was hard?

nan said:

sbenois said:
 He took hard questions, unfairly framed, from Democratic OPERATIVES, not regular Democrats as CNN presented them.  So, it is important to document how CNN tries to screw him over as they did in 2016 when they gave Hillary the debate questions.  
But, as far as Bernie goes--he did fine with the hard questions and knocked it out of the ballpark.  

Folks, here we go...Nan already building the case for blaming the DNC if Bernie doesn't get the nomination.    It never ends.  She trashes the Democrats endlessly yet wants us to embrace Bernie.

Ain't happening.  Bernie can go jump in a lake.

sbenois said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Folks, here we go...Nan already building the case for blaming the DNC if Bernie doesn't get the nomination.    It never ends.  She trashes the Democrats endlessly yet wants us to embrace Bernie.

Ain't happening.  Bernie can go jump in a lake.

That is President Bernie to you.  I am sure he swims quite well.  "There can be only one"

Feel the Bern 

The Bern has healed, the scar is visible.

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

Bernie is responsible for the return of Democracy within the Democratic Party.

When the chair woman of the DNC is made to resign just before the 

democratic National Convention.........it is for a reason.

When the number of party hacks aka Super Delegates is greatly reduced........it is for a reason

When no other candidate dare run last time......beside Bernie ...........it is obvious the Democratic Party was doing all it could to nominate one candidate..........and screw the democratic process

When we now have a truly open and viable nominating race..........it is for one reason and one person.

Feel the Bern........battle scars and all

jamie said:
which question was hard?

Here is an analysis of the questions:

ok, do you ever have a thought of your own?  I ask a simple question - and you force us to watch a 15 minute video.

From watching the video you're telling us to watch - what do they say was a hard question?

and again - you NEVER give us feedback from someone who isn't a diehard Bernie supporter.

The hypocrisy is amazing.  You're telling us that the MSM is evil - and your "sources" are blind followers of your candidates.  

She wants Bernie to sit across from Putin but taking questions on CNN is a problem.   

Serious question- nan excluded, are there really people who are excited Bernie’s running? I was (am) a huge Hillary fan but I wouldn’t be happy if she were running again. There are too many sores from last time around. Too many reasons neither were successful. We need to move on to something different.

conandrob240 said:
Serious question- nan excluded, are there really people who are excited Bernie’s running? I was (am) a huge Hillary fan but I wouldn’t be happy if she were running again. There are too many sores from last time around. Too many reasons neither were successful. We need to move on to something different.

This^.

conandrob240 said:

That is the purpose of a free and open primary season.  The will of the people will truly decide the Democratic nominee this time round.  We may move on to "something new" or we may not.

In either case the single most important factor is that the voice of the people will be heard this time.

If that scares you there is always Netflix.

jamie said:
ok, do you ever have a thought of your own?  I ask a simple question - and you force us to watch a 15 minute video.
From watching the video you're telling us to watch - what do they say was a hard question?

I have lots of thoughts of my own--but you dismiss them all and just keep coming back with an irrelevant question. I discussed how CNN stacked the deck at the town hall and how CNN admitted that was true. It is not that the questions were hard--it was the unfair framing that made them difficult to answer without sounding guilty of things he did not do. However, Bernie did great in spite of this, and nailed those questions.  I showed videos and an article as evidence of what I was saying.  I am not forcing you to watch a 15 minute video, but I know that if I spend 15 minutes writing a thoughtful, well reasoned response, you are just going to dismiss it in a few words or just continue to repeat the same irrelevant question that shows you did not pay attention to what I said.  So, sometimes it is just easier to post a video, cause it seems you don't really want an an answer anyway.  

jamie said:
and again - you NEVER give us feedback from someone who isn't a diehard Bernie supporter.
The hypocrisy is amazing.  You're telling us that the MSM is evil - and your "sources" are blind followers of your candidates.  

I gave you an article by Paul Street, a long-time critic of Sanders.  

conandrob240 said:

Different?  As how different?   His ideas are the most different of almost all the candidates.  Although he's old, his ideas are most popular with the young, because they are different from establishment politics.  I know you seem to have excluded me from this questions, but I am asking you to explain what you mean by "moving on to something different" when most of the other candidates are standard centrist Dems so are you talking about something new or just continuing the status quo?

Would like to see this candidate in the primary debates.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!