August 21, 2017 Township Committee Meeting

Can someone please tell me what transpired at yesterday's township committee meeting? The sound was too garbled to figure out what was being said.

If you haven't already done so I would contact the local paper as well as the TC. I wasn't there but the sound is indeed garbled when one tries to hear it now. Not sure there's anything the TC can do about it but they should be told that this is not intelligible.

I agree, I've given up attending unless a head count is needed.  

Read that they unanimously voted to extend the suspension of MPD Captain Joshua Cummis

apple44 said:

Read that they unanimously voted to extend the suspension of MPD Captain Joshua Cummis

I saw that on the agenda.  What I don't know is the reason for that extension (but not an extension for the Police Chief??) and how long an extension was approved.  I also don't know if any additional matters were mentioned.  Since no mid-August meeting had been scheduled and since the meeting ran for less than 20 minutes (according to You Tube), I assume this was the only item under discussion.  As of yesterday, there was no coverage on Village Green or any of the other hyperlocal news sites.  I will follow-up with Mary to see if she or Carolyn covered the meeting and report back here if I learn anything.

joan_crystal said:

I saw that on the agenda.  What I don't know is the reason for that extension (but not an extension for the Police Chief??) and how long an extension was approved.  I also don't know if any additional matters were mentioned.  Since no mid-August meeting had been scheduled and since the meeting ran for less than 20 minutes (according to You Tube), I assume this was the only item under discussion.  As of yesterday, there was no coverage on Village Green or any of the other hyperlocal news sites.  I will follow-up with Mary to see if she or Carolyn covered the meeting and report back here if I learn anything.

The original suspension was 30 days because the TC thought Capt. Cummings planned to retire on Sept. 1. When informed that he may have changed his mind, the TC extended the suspension for another month.

https://villagegreennj.com/police-and-fire/maplewood-extends-leave-for-suspended-police-captain/

You beat me to it.  I just saw that story on Village Green posted in reply to the question I posted there this morning.  It answers all the questions I posted above.

DaveSchmidt said:

joan_crystal said:

The original suspension was 30 days because the TC thought Capt. Cummings planned to retire on Sept. 1. When informed that he may have changed his mind, the TC extended the suspension for another month.

https://villagegreennj.com/police-and-fire/maplewood-extends-leave-for-suspended-police-captain/

In defense of VG, I read that article there late last night. May have just slipped past somehow.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.