Amending Resolution for 2022 Budget to be voted on

Does anyone have any idea what this Amending Resolution regarding the 2022 budget is about?  

Revenue shortfalls have left a hole in the budget that needs to be addressed.

I am curious what the primary source of shortfall is.   I know the state has more money than in recent memory.  Generally, tax revenue is at an all time high.   I understand it is not fungible really, exactly, but does anyone know if the school district spent all the money we got for Covid stuff?  

According to the schedule provided online, tomorrow evening there is a budget workshop meeting (public can comment), and on Tuesday the 16th there is a meeting for voting on the amendment to the budget.

Township Committee Agendas & Minutes | Maplewood, NJ (maplewoodnj.gov)

notupset said:

I am curious what the primary source of shortfall is.   I know the state has more money than in recent memory.  Generally, tax revenue is at an all time high.   I understand it is not fungible really, exactly, but does anyone know if the school district spent all the money we got for Covid stuff?  

The school budget is not at issue with respect to the Township of Maplewood's budget.

notupset said:

Ida and COVID are the primary causes.  Waiting for insurance and FEMA reimbursement for Ida repairs.  Revenue shortfall attributed to impact of COVID on a variety of town services that are revenue generating.

Anyone know if they raised taxes, cut services or just shuffled some stuff down the road?  

Upset enough to start a thread, notupset enough to attend the meeting.

Jamie has put on the town meetings right here. They are great to watch and you learn what is going on.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.