2020 spring rake-out schedule?

Been searching on the DPW web site, but only found the 2019 schedule.  Does anyone know whether we will have a schedule this year?

I also searched today for the schedule and couldn’t find it. 

tomcat said:

Been searching on the DPW web site, but only found the 2019 schedule.  Does anyone know whether we will have a schedule this year?

I assume this is why we received a violation notice for putting a small bag of leaves out on our parking strip.  The violation notice was received 3/30, and stated that "failure to obey this notice on or before the violation date will result in issuance of a summons resulting in a mandatory court appearance and possible penalty assessment in compliance with this code." The compliance date was March 29--a day before we received the notice. Really?  We're going to court?  Can't the petty bureaucrats in this town find a better use of their time, given the number of COVID-19 cases?  Is this the priority now--leaf bags?

Beth2 said:

I assume this is why we received a violation notice for putting a small bag of leaves out on our parking strip.  The violation notice was received 3/30, and stated that "failure to obey this notice on or before the violation date will result in issuance of a summons resulting in a mandatory court appearance and possible penalty assessment in compliance with this code." The compliance date was March 29--a day before we received the notice. Really?  We're going to court?  Can't the petty bureaucrats in this town find a better use of their time, given the number of COVID-19 cases?  Is this the priority now--leaf bags?

1.  Remove the bag of leaves now.  Store it somewhere out of sight until rake out begins.

2.  Call Code Enforcement.  Tell them the date you received the notice.  Explain that the bag has been removed from the median.

That should hopefully eliminate the need for a court appearance.

joan_crystal said:

1.  Remove the bag of leaves now.  Store it somewhere out of sight until rake out begins.

2.  Call Code Enforcement.  Tell them the date you received the notice.  Explain that the bag has been removed from the median.

That should hopefully eliminate the need for a court appearance.

Yes, thanks, I intend to do so.   The point is, why is the township summoning people to court at this time, and for something so petty.  Put your time an energy into spreading information about Covid-19.  Most of the information coming from the township is online.  What about people with limited internet access?

My guess is as follows:

1. The town is using a form notification which has not been updated to reflect that municipal court is closed at this time.

2. Time from noting the violation to putting in the paperwork to putting the notice in the mail has grown due to skeleton staffing and redirecting of town resources to deal with COVID-19 impact.  Add to this the increased time it is taking for deliveries to reach us and you can understand why the notice reached you after the compliance date had passed.

I worry about persons who lack Internet access.  Some information is available on TV and radio but they are completely cut off from hyper-local information and internet-based socialization opportunities.

Yes, it is worrisome.  If possible, shift violation notifications to online temporarily and use the paper saved for paper mailing in order to reach people without internet?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.