2020 census

Hi all, I'm part of a committee in town trying to get the word out about the census this year.  It's pretty important to be counted.  Here's a link to our press release. 

https://villagegreennj.com/towns/maplewood/want-to-be-counted-or-work-for-the-census-complete-count-to-host-mtg-jan-29-in-south-orange/

I was an enumerator for the 1980 census. My job was to go to houses that hadn't submitted their long form and try to collect them. It was actually a lot of fun (outside of a few weird encounters) and it paid much better than other part-time jobs available to college students. More recently my sister was a team lead overseeing a group of enumerators. She enjoyed it and it paid really well for the area. The hours are flexible and they assign you to work near your home because they want people who know the area. It can be a great gig.

kthnry said:

I was an enumerator for the 1980 census. My job was to go to houses that hadn't submitted their long form and try to collect them. It was actually a lot of fun (outside of a few weird encounters) and it paid much better than other part-time jobs available to college students. More recently my sister was a team lead overseeing a group of enumerators. She enjoyed it and it paid really well for the area. The hours are flexible and they assign you to work near your home because they want people who know the area. It can be a great gig.

I worked in the Orange census office in 1980. Forty years later, I have applied to work for the US Census again. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.