DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

I haven't watched the video, but Pete's plan is pretty poor. Just another example of politicians telling us why we can't have nice things. Their time is over. He's on the wrong side of history.

You know, he's  young. He has the opportunity to be bold in his policies. He's got plenty of time to backtrack into more "safe" positions in the coming years if that's really necessary, so it's doubly disappointing to see him acting like Biden-lite at this stage of his career.

Wow, Warren is going after Pete's booty-chest!!!!  Awesome.  

Elizabeth Warren Attacks Pete Buttigieg’s Private Fund-Raisers: ‘Open Up the Doors’

Ms. Warren has previously avoided attacking most of her top-tier rivals by name. Her remarks came as Mr. Buttigieg has taken a lead in some Iowa polls.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-pete-buttigieg.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

nan said:

Krystal Ball makes mincemeat of Pete's creepy, elitist non-free college plans.  He clearly makes her skin crawl and she can say exactly why.

Is "creepy" the new code word for gay, nan?  Regardless, I'll stick with the world of reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pete-buttigiegs-college-affordability-plan-is-actually-the-most-progressive/2019/11/10/f6c473e8-026d-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

nan said:

drummerboy said:

Sorry, it's a question of who's living in a fantasy land of a benign Putin.And that ain't me.

It's you and people who get their news from mainstream media.  Brainwashed.  Helping to bring us closer to nuclear war every day. 

"Helping to bring us closer to nuclear war" is used as a "trump card" to shut down any factual discussion of Putin, and Russian actions.  Election interference, military action and occupying territory, poisoning enemies, etc. are supposed to be ignored because of that.  

"Nuclear" is the "safe word" for anybody who doesn't want to discuss the actual facts. 

dave said:

Is "creepy" the new code word for gay, nan?  Regardless, I'll stick with the world of reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pete-buttigiegs-college-affordability-plan-is-actually-the-most-progressive/2019/11/10/f6c473e8-026d-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

No, I chose the word creepy and I think Pete being gay is his only positive. 

His college plan sucks, and a total joke with that headline from WAPO.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-pete-buttigieg-free-college-critique-2020-presidential-primary_n_5de9c501e4b0913e6f8dd44d

The fact that progressives are in a tizzy about Mayor Pete is a sure sign he's doing well. 

Smedley said:

The fact that progressives are in a tizzy about Mayor Pete is a sure sign he's doing well. 

A very vocal subset of progressives, I would say, quickly line up to try to knock down any more centrist candidate who surges in the polls.

I'll pop the champagne for President Pete in 2020 (and again in January 2021). But as I've pointed out before I will do the same for any Democrat (or Sanders).

nan said:

Wow, Warren is going after Pete's booty-chest!!!!

Pick a body part, Liz, not both.

mrincredible said:

Smedley said:

A very vocal subset of progressives, I would say, quickly line up to try to knock down any more centrist candidate who surges in the polls.

I am in a tizzy over Pete insomuch as I am not voting for him in the primary but that was true last month and it was true 6 months ago.  The guy just doesn't have the credentials.

One of the things I liked about Biden's tantrum is when he tried to attack the man for being too fat and then lost his chain of thought.  

One of the things I like about a comment about someone else’s ability to concentrate is “chain of thought.”

Chain of Thought.  One of MOL's Hall of Fame posters.

Klinker said:

I am in a tizzy over Pete insomuch as I am not voting for him in the primary but that was true last month and it was true 6 months ago.  The guy just doesn't have the credentials.

Was I talking to you?

mrincredible said:

Klinker said:

Was I talking to you?

I wasn't sure.  

I am wary of the guy not because I think he is more offensive than any other conservative Dem but because I have real doubts about whether an openly gay man can win in the General. I would vote for him, out of a sense of identity politics, if nothing else but I really would like to win.

dave said:

I like Lis Smith and follow her on Twitter.  If you're smart, you hire her before any opposition does.   Seems to be paying off, no?

As for Pete getting 8000 votes before running for office, how many did Trump get?  Or Eisenhower?  Or Grant?  Or Taylor?  

George Washington didn't get any.

STANV said:

dave said:

I like Lis Smith and follow her on Twitter.  If you're smart, you hire her before any opposition does.   Seems to be paying off, no?

As for Pete getting 8000 votes before running for office, how many did Trump get?  Or Eisenhower?  Or Grant?  Or Taylor?  

I doubt Lincoln got that many when elected to his term in Congress.  Not that it's relevant.

mrincredible said:

Smedley said:

I'll pop the champagne for President Pete in 2020 (and again in January 2021). But as I've pointed out before I will do the same for any Democrat (or Sanders).

As soon as a candidate is perceived as the "front-runner" he or she will be attacked. The MSM and "centrist" Dems had a field day going after Elizabeth Warren. Now it's Mayor Pete in the hot seat.

And BTW, what was wrong with Warren's call for him to open up his fund raisers. The article says that Biden allows the Press into his.

Klinker said:

I wasn't sure.  

I am wary of the guy not because I think he is more offensive than any other conservative Dem but because I have real doubts about whether an openly gay man can win in the General. I would vote for him, out of a sense of identity politics, if nothing else but I really would like to win.

Just being a smartass.

DaveSchmidt said:

One of the things I like about a comment about someone else’s ability to concentrate is “chain of thought.”

It was a choo choo chain

STANV said:

I think we'd have to make an exception and count the Continental Army as 80,000 votes.

Ryan Grimm at the Intercept made a short video about the media Bernie Blackout and suggested that it might help him in the long run.

dave said:

STANV said:

I think we'd have to make an exception and count the Continental Army as 80,000 votes.

You think they all would have voted for him?

In news about other candidates -

Marianne Williamson doesn't want you to say "anti-vaxxer".

nohero said:

In news about other candidates -

Marianne Williamson doesn't want you to say "anti-vaxxer".

I don't want to get off on a tangent here, but "vaccine injury claims" are one of the murkiest types of medical malpractice. It's literally impossible to even come close to proving that a vaccination caused an injury.  Plus, those claims are adjudicated outside of normal civil claims and the burden of proof is very specific.

Here's more info.

If you ask me, the whole system is a scam that was agreed to by pharma because it was a lot cheaper than adjudicating claims through the civil courts.

The anti-war candidate performs John Lennon's anti-war message on the anniversary of his death.

Also "the anti-war candidate":

STANV said:

As soon as a candidate is perceived as the "front-runner" he or she will be attacked. The MSM and "centrist" Dems had a field day going after Elizabeth Warren. Now it's Mayor Pete in the hot seat.

And BTW, what was wrong with Warren's call for him to open up his fund raisers. The article says that Biden allows the Press into his.

Pete has been getting lots of heat lately. 

nan said:

Pete has been getting lots of heat lately. 

Another propaganda lie from nan and bernie bros.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/henrygomez/pete-buttigieg-black-support-south-bend?__twitter_impression=true

More on Pete's fundraising which he is trying to keep private. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.