2019 School Board Election

yahooyahoo said:

SLM is not making up nearly 600 votes. It’s over.

Probably true. While Wright and Lawson-Muhammad both had substantially higher counts of votes in the 2016 BOE election (in the 8,000's), there were also only 5 candidates to split all the votes (also for 3 spots).

sprout said:

Probably true. While Wright and Lawson-Muhammad both had substantially higher counts of votes in the 2016 BOE election (in the 8,000's), there were also only 5 candidates to split all the votes (also for 3 spots).

There was something else bringing out voters if I recall.

Oh -- right.  I seem to have repressed that presidential election year...

yahooyahoo said:

SLM is on the outside looking in and Wright in 3rd place. Definitely a strong message for Elizabeth Baker next year.

How so?  She's no longer board president and I believe she's already said that she doesn't intend to run again.

weirdbeard said:

yahooyahoo said:

SLM is on the outside looking in and Wright in 3rd place. Definitely a strong message for Elizabeth Baker next year.

How so?  She's no longer board president and I believe she's already said that she doesn't intend to run again.

I stand corrected. I didn't know she wasn't running again next year.

But still a message for any incumbent that plans to run next year.

Results were updated for the three BOE seats. Although it's only up to 31 of 33 districts reporting, it seems pretty conclusive:

Congratulations to Johanna Wright, Erin Siders, and Thair Joshua.

How can two districts not have been recorded?

All are in now. Here is the final (although still "unofficial") results from the 33 of 33 districts (plus some mail-in ballots)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.